Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Aircraft on the Ground in SF2

Recently added Snowy Norway to my SF2E install and after fixing a runway issue (again thank you wrench) noticed that they were pretty vacant. after trying advice to change the airfield.ini to xxxairfield_old.ini and tryin taking the said ini's out completly still no parked jets. however i got to thinkin about two things on the GermanyCE terrain. one generally the aircraft not in the arming pits are all some make of Vaark (choice of D, E, F, or EF-111). also i remembered a mission where i was flying a converted F-80 had bombed the runway and was havin lil fun strafing the mig-15s parked when two of them scrambled out of the arming pits and came up to chase me off!yikes.gif

The question behind this post is what controls the parked aircraft in SF2? How does it determine what gets placed and whether the stationed aircraft take off or stay put? Have me a few ideas to play with but dont know where to look if if its even a good idea to mess with.

this are the files that you will find in the GermanyCE.cat , and all of this have entry´s regarding the placment of aircraft like ParkingChance=60 , ParkingMaxSpan=18.0 and the position on the airfield

DESERT-AIRFIELD1

DESERT-AIRFIELD2

DESERT-AIRFIELD3

DESERT-AIRFIELD4

DESERT-AIRFIELD5

DESERT-AIRFIELD6

GERMAN-AIRABASE1

GERMAN-AIRABASE2

GERMAN-AIRABASE3

GERMAN-AIRABASE4

SOVIET-AIRABASE1

SOVIET-AIRABASE2

SOVIET-AIRABASE3

SOVIET-AIRABASE4

VIETNAM-AIRFIELD1

VIETNAM-AIRFIELD2

VIETNAM-AIRFIELD3

VIETNAM-AIRFIELD4

VIETNAM-AIRFIELD5

VIETNAM-AIRFIELD6

now if you look in to your Norway_Targets.ini you will find the airfilds that was used for this terraine (DESERT-AIRFIELD5,DESERT-AIRFIELD6,...) knowing this now you can start to extract the files you need and alter them

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Yup, like raven said, it's controled via the various airfield inis. You just need to look at the targets ini (search for "runway"), and a couple lines up it'll say which data ini it uses (this is from the 'regular, green Norway)

[TargetArea015]

Name=Narvik Airfield

Position=192000.000000,807000.000000

Radius=7211.102539

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield6.ini <---

NumSquadrons=3

Target[001].Type=Runway6

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

Target[001].Heading=0

so, you can either extract the newest 08 level inis for all the desert airfields, drop them in and go. If the inis ARE already present in the terrain folder, and they're the older, 06 level WITHOUT the parking slots, you can delete them, as all the 08 and above terrain cats have them built in as stock.

EDIT:

Looking at my 'green norway', airfield inis, they're ALL 06 level, so you can just overwrite the existing with newly extracted, or dump them.

Then, you're parked plane will return

wrench

kevin stein

Another factor that affects the number of parked aircraft is the number of squadrons listed in the targets.ini Example:

[TargetArea015]

Name=Narvik Airfield

Position=192000.000000,807000.000000

Radius=7211.102539

ActiveYear=0

Location=1

Alignment=FRIENDLY

AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield6.ini

NumSquadrons=3.....................................Increasing this will increase the number of parked aircraft.

Target[001].Type=Runway6

Target[001].Offset=0.00,0.00

Target[001].Heading=0

I found this out while messing around with a mod to increase the distance between large parked aircraft. Seems some of the larger add-on transport aircraft can overlap when using the stock large aircraft parking. [Anybody else notice that?]