Sign in to follow this  
AceMan

Hey No More Updates??

As in the title :(

dont worry - we havent dissapeared - we're just at a particular 'boring' phase of development.

fundamental parts of the engine are being written or modified and arent pretty.

I personally have been for the last month working on the network code.

netcode.jpg

such screenshots arent worthy of mention on our site - so before updating it proper - we'll most likely wait until there is something new and interesting to show.

oh yeah: the tectrahedron is just a test object of the other client - and theres a spacefield to give a sense of movement since the relatively slow loading time of the landscape slows down debugging/tweaking of certain aspects of netcode.

Edited by scary_pigeon

Guest Shadowcat

I think the really important question here is: does the tectrahedron have an accurate flight model and avionics suite? ;)

Guest MrMudd

It needs Astroids and a Big Fricken Space Laser. :lol:

If you ever need a beta tester.

I'm more than willing to help out

Steve, btw, that's an argie or brit tectrahedron ?? :)

Now for a more visually pleasing update, the Sea King model is being painted, Royal Navy test skin:

seaking-render.jpg

We're working also in the HMS Hermes carrier model. And the programming team is still implementing load-on-demand of high res terrain mesh data of the region. The terrain system is being reworked btw, and yesterday was a great day because a particularly annoying problem with the .hgt (SRTM accurate terrain files) was finally sorted out. So, so we'll have screenshots of the Sea Harrier over the Falklands. :)

Now for a more visually pleasing update

:D

That's a really nice helicopter :-)

I'm well impressed by the appearence of the fluid flight handling in the video. And your project uses OpenScenegraph I understand?

Anyway, first rate stuff.

I spoke with someone who gave me an account of the rather 'creative' use of weapons during that conflict. Of particular interest is the Exorcet which gutted HMS Sheffield. I was very supprised to learn it didn't explode as the safeties didn't have time to arm. Instead it burned in the ship like a roman candle, as you can imagine it had a large amount of fuel left. Hence the ship suffered major fire damge, with little explosive damage evident.

indeed a fearsom weapon..

http://met.open.ac.uk/group/cpv/fi/images/exocet.jpg

http://www.mbda.net/site/img_imp/pcd1_exocet_am39_02.jpg

HMS Sheffield After Exocet Missile Hits

http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v26/AceMan/slide27.gif

Powerfull.. :ph34r:

Edited by AceMan