Sign in to follow this  
macelena

6 year old child missing aborad balloon

I just saw it live on spanish TV from Houston. A 6 year old child rode a ballon his father was building, and seems it missed the ties and wnet flying miles away. Moments ago, it landed, but seems,

for what i saw in the live broadcast, nothing was on the balloon. Prayers on

Edited by macelena

Confirmed, nothing aboard the balloon. Children feared to have fallen from the ballon. As choppers followed him soon since "take off", he could have gone down near home. Hope he is just hiding, as seems that nobody saw him exactly riding it. Perhaps he was playing nearby, broke the rope, and hid to prevent being chewed up. Hope so

EDIT: link here http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/15/6-year-old-alone-in-hot-air-balloon-over-colorado/?hp

Edited by macelena

God, i really hope to be all fine with this kid

I really don't have a good feeling about this.

this does not sound good.

Safe!!

Found safe in the house.

He apparently let the balloon loose and then fearing that he was going to get into trouble hid inside the house.

thank God!!

Was watching this too. Thank god he is ok.

I saw on Fox that the kid was found in the garage attic hiding in a box. Sounds like a stunt a might have pulled. I wonder about his punishment.

Uffheat.gif I had a feeling on it. Now he is ok, is time for him not to be ok any longer punish.gif

they had to shut DIA down for a bit as the "craft" as the news here has been calling it got into DIA airspace... man this has been scary for me as I can feel what the parents of that boy were feeling as i have a 9 year old boy... one of my questions is why were the kids not in school.. as i write this the dad is being interviewed

That is TREMENDOUS news! What a relief for his family!

It begs the question when he will be ungrounded...

• Like 1

It begs the question when he will be ungrounded...

probably when he's 33!!

Sorry guys, but this is all bullsh!t...

This is the same bunch who have already been on Wife Swap. Twice. Send the family an invoice for the money spent by emergency services on this one.

Next.

Edited by Jimbib

Wow umm... ok they mean to tell the world that they didn't talk to the boy until they were on tv? sorry but if that were my son i would have asked him those questions and more before the tv...... just me though

This is the same bunch who have already been on Wife Swap. Twice. Send the family an invoice for the money spent by emergency services on this one.

Next.

Holy s**te!!! I remember that show... the father is a total loon!! I recognized him when I watched the video when the balloon initally took off, and there was the father, acting all pissed off, kicking the launch frame and all.... Not the kind of reaction a concerned parent would have had. It looked kind of staged to me. They claimed there was a gondola attched to it when it rose up, but the video did not show one on it. I'd say this family is in need of some serious councelling.

But the wife swap was terrible. The father was a loose cannon, and constantly pissed off, acting like a little boy, whining... all of it.

I hope the law comes down on them for pulling this stunt. Those poor kids will all be brain cases later in life.

OvS

Next.

what a S.O.B, sure he needs to be fined for that and pay for the waste of time an service.

the local sheriff has re-opened his inquiries after seeing the show. this could get to be quite entertaining.

Edited by Typhoid

Send the family an invoice for the money spent by emergency services on this one.

what a S.O.B, sure he needs to be fined for that and pay for the waste of time an service.

I don´t know how is in the USA, (or UK and Brazil) But here if you cause such effort, deployment of people and so, as regulations, you pay it either with

your money or with your work "for the society"....

the local sheriff has re-opened his inquiries after seeing the show. this could get to be quite entertaining.

....and given the circunstances, althought the child was not in danger, his parents illegally got profit from him. Perhaps the administration (i mean,the state of Colorado)

would take care of all children

this could get to be quite entertaining.

I damn sure hope it does. :starwars: