Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Interesting?

R-D, that's von Deutschmark's project that he has been working on now for the past 10 to 12 months. There is a very active forum for Canvas Knights over at All Aircraft Arcade. The mod is aiming at the MMP side of the coin rather than SP, and for a one-man show it's going along pretty well.

Cheers!

Lou

I agree Lou , it's looking great , i like that there's going tobe some early aircraft to fly.Best of luck to the dev's the more ww1 sims the better.

Front page says it's an add-on to IL-2:1946. I stopped at Forgotten Battles, so I guess I'm sol, right?

Yes I think you are SOL. I'm set up for CK but can't seem to find the time for IL2 just yet. Maybe with winter setting in. OFF is so deep I can't seem to fly anything else.

Hmm, Over Oleg's Fields ...sounds familiar

At least it show the big guys are paying attention

"Imitationis the sincerest form of flattery"

I'll give it an honest look just like FE and ...ah ...those others guys

But I didn't end up buying them

I agree with Rick "OFF is so deep I can't seem to fly anything else"

There are two things for me that appeal about Canvas Knights: 1) the number of different aircraft models that will be available from the outset 2) IL2's replay facility. The first I know the OFF Devs will match in time, the second I'm not sure thay ever can. I look forward to some great WW1 machinema when CK comes out, if what has come from IL2 is aught to go by.

But it will not replace OFF, which it seems more and more people are coming to realise is the top dog of WW1 flight sims at present.

The IL2 controls take some serious time to sort out as there are so many of them. However, it has some nice features, and perhaps the best is it's water animation. Amazingly life-like. As to DM's Canvas Knights project, it is his baby all the way and really is a one-man show, which makes it even more impressive given how much he has built in such a short time. Do keep in mind though that he is focusing on this as a massive-multi-player venue and not so much SP campaign. That being said, there are a lot of us old RB3D flyers who are looking at this as the way back into the MMP wars with 50 to 100 planes in the air at once. I hope DM can get all the kinks worked out and wish him only the best with this very large project.

Cheers!

Lou

The IL2 controls take some serious time to sort out as there are so many of them. However, it has some nice features, and perhaps the best is it's water animation. Amazingly life-like. As to DM's Canvas Knights project, it is his baby all the way and really is a one-man show, which makes it even more impressive given how much he has built in such a short time. Do keep in mind though that he is focusing on this as a massive-multi-player venue and not so much SP campaign. That being said, there are a lot of us old RB3D flyers who are looking at this as the way back into the MMP wars with 50 to 100 planes in the air at once. I hope DM can get all the kinks worked out and wish him only the best with this very large project.

Cheers!

Lou

Yes, the multi-player. I don't need another campaign type sim. I look for the online multi-play like I knew from RB3D. I see that CK will compliment OFF and that we will perhaps have the best of both worlds.

Rickitycrate, you should contact Stitting Duck or Vasco or Red Dog - they do OFF Multiplayer co-op

flights as Jasta 4. I am also invited, but won't get my system ready until next weekend I'm afraid.

Olham, The OFF multi-player is really very fun. I did it twice and really enjoyed myself. I have miised opportunities and sometimes really don't have long enough time to bother the guys with my coming and going. Wifey can come up with things out of the blue. Excuses, I know, I know...