Sign in to follow this  
ThePsy

Directsound CTD

If ever at the end of your mission you get this type of Windows error "Faulting application wwi.exe, version 8.11.0.17, faulting module directsound.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000026c7".

It's related to this mod Realistic gun sounds for FE. To correct the problem you need to either uninstall the mod or edit the "lewis.waw" file to encode it in 16bit. File is encoded in 32bit and FE only support 16bit sound.

This manipulation stopped my CTD.

If ever at the end of your mission you get this type of Windows error "Faulting application wwi.exe, version 8.11.0.17, faulting module directsound.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000026c7".

It's related to this mod Realistic gun sounds for FE. To correct the problem you need to either uninstall the mod or edit the "lewis.waw" file to encode it in 16bit. File is encoded in 32bit and FE only support 16bit sound.

This manipulation stopped my CTD.

Funny you should say that ThePsy I have on the odd CTDT not a lot so I do's not bother me. I have dare I say used some sound files from my OFF install they work very good maybe that is the problem I don't get the windows screen just CTDT. I can live with it for now.

Just check the propertys of your added OFF sound files. If some are 32bit you can convert them with Audacity. It's free and easy to use.

Just check the propertys of your added OFF sound files. If some are 32bit you can convert them with Audacity. It's free and easy to use.

it looks as if all the OFF sound file are 16bit

Thanks.