Sign in to follow this  
Vasco

Jasta 4 Online Campaign

Mein Herren!

Please find below changes to the established rules of the regular Sunday Online Campaign sessions AKA 'Vasco's Volunteers'

Scoring System

In the multiplayer campaigns we have been participating in to date we have continued using the scoring system developed by Winston DoRight for the 'Winston's Early Birds' sessions. Unfortunately, the system heavily favours regular attendees over acheivements in battle. For that reason I have changed the scoring system as follows:

Mission participation - 2 points

Acting as mission commander - 2 points

For mission success (for every player surviving to reach the objective) - 2 points

For each confirmed kill - 1 point

For landing at a friendly base or successfull ditching in friendly territory - 1 point

For landing at the home base at the end of the mission - 2 points

There will also be points awarded/deducted for actions observed by the organiser during the mission e.g. going to the assistance of a fellow player in trouble, causing the deaths of flight members due to poor decision making, etc.

Mission Participation

Due to the increasing popularity of the Sunday sessions we are about to hit the 16-player cap hard coded into the game. Stumpjumper and I have discussed a variety of alternatives to ensure maximum participation and fairness including running a 'mirror' session at the same time on a Saturday and allowing players to nominate which session will count towards their campaign score, while allowing as many people as possible to participate in both sessions (priority going to those players who are flying in their 'nominated' session). Before this can be accomplished we are going to need a volunteer to organise and run these 'mirror' sessions on a Saturday as I cannot give up my Saturdays as well as Sundays to acheive this. In the meantime, von Baur made a suggestion that we can use as an interim measure until Saturday sessions are established:

In the event of having more than 16 players assembled for any mission, players who die during the mission will sit the next one out (in the order that they died) to allow players who have not flown to participate. e.g. 18 players assemble for the first sortie. 16 players participate and 5 die during the mission. The first two to die will sit the next mission out to allow the players who have not yet flown fly in the second mission of the session, etc. Rinse and repeat.

I hope you'll bear with us until the 'mirror' sessions are established to allow these online campaigns to be accessible to as many members of the OFF community as possible.

Personalised Skins

Stumpjumper and Sitting Duck have both been working hard to find the least obtrusive way of importing personalised skins into the game for players acheiving ace status. To that end Stumpjumper has compiled an installer that will add new aircraft into each player's 'aircraft' folder. This installer also adds an uninstaller executable to quickly remove these files so that client compatability is not affected when playing online outside of the campaign sessions. These installers have been tested by various members of the online community (thank you guys) and no aircraft mismatches have occurred.

The installer will be required for the session on the 24th October and will include aircraft for all those who have acheived 5 contiguous kills without dieing during this campaign. We are also adding new aircraft for those who acheived ace status during the 94th Aero campaign as these people did not have the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of their labours at the time. Details of where to download the file from and installation instructions will be posted in this forum in plenty of time before the 24th October. Sitting Duck, Stumpjumper and I will also be haunting the Black Haze TS server to assist anyone who needs it and to test players installations if they so desire. A new file will be posted everytime another player acheives ace status for the session following.

We will also allow players to continuing flying their personalised aircraft during the campaign even after their current pilot dies to prevent constant deletions and additions to the installer.

I hope you agree with the changes we have introduced to the Online Campaign and it increases your enjoyment of the experience.

Regards,

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

Sounds good to me Boss.Salute.gif

In the event of having more than 16 players assembled for any mission, players who die during the mission will sit the next one out (in the order that they died) to allow players who have not flown to participate. e.g. 18 players assemble for the first sortie. 16 players participate and 5 die during the mission. The first two to die will sit the next mission out to allow the players who have not yet flown fly in the second mission of the session, etc. Rinse and repeat.

I think this is a great way to handel the extra pilots. I think also if someone needs a break for something RL they can hand over as well or just pass around the baton and let everyone get a chance. :drinks:

This idea has good pratical merit and makes you think more about what your going to do in a fight. MVR didn't get the kills by making bad survival choices :cool: *well till that last one anyways :this:

Im ready for Sunday's meyham..... :salute::salute::salute:

Edited by Firecage

Greetings Boys! I won't be flying today. A friend called me up this morning and asked if I wanted to go to the Bengals vs Texans game today. Heck yeah! Football and Beer on a sunny 60 degree day!drinks.gif

See you next week!Salute.gif

Enjoy the game Axe. Its going to be a good one. I can't fly today either. My mother is having a surprise b-day party for my middle daughter who turns 13 this week and becomes a teenager. I am available tonite though and was wondering if sitting duck or someone can host for us guys who can't make this afternoon session. Let me know. Thanks!

FRO

great session today...

ran across this dfw today,,,dont think ive ever seen it before

gallery_45808_317_48371.jpg

screen shot from on of the sessions,,think von baur is trying to tell me something,,(eat at joe's?)

gallery_45808_317_55365.jpg

Looks like good times as always V! But I couldn't pass up free tickets to a game! I don't get to go very often, mayb about 4 or five games a season. Did have a good time though even though the Bungles lost.

Thanks chaps for another great session, as soon as i learn how not to fly into the ground when using trackIR i'll be making it back to base....

I think it's back to flight school for 6 days ready for next sunday....Salute.gif