Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

The Médaille Militaire Will Soon Be In My Collection

Good Morning All,

And what a grand morning it is too! I have just purchased via eBay a beautiful original Médaille Militaire for the small WWI display I have been working at over the last year or so. Here is a photo of my latest acquisition:

WWI_Medaille_Militaire.jpg

When it arrives it will reside next to the original and nearly perfect French and Belgian examples of the Croix de Guerre With Palm which are already in my keep. The next one on my list to add is an original Légion d'Honneur, Chevalier Class, and that will give me all the French and Belgian awards needed for my project. Time to sip my third cup of morning coffee and savour the moment.

smile.gif

Cheers!

Lou

Looks great, is it an original, you say? Must cost a fortune but worths every penny I say, nice addition indeed!

itifonhom

Haha, your "morning cuppa" is an institution, it seems - you really know to savour it.

Congrats to that medal!

Way to go Lou. Kinda satisfying to make a good score. I just found a copy of "No Parachute" so I have a small idea of how you feel.

Very nice medal, Ive been thinking about investing in some more antiques, might go for some medals or maybe an original uniform.

I'd love to see your WW1 display when finished!

Thanks everyone, it was a very nice find. Stiffy, it will be my pleasure to post some photos of my display, and office, when I have them both to my liking. My dear wife has moved her computer and desk to the spare bedroom we now have, (since our youngest went away to college this fall), and she told me to go ahead and make the "computer room" my own! Oh the plans I am hatching. I am currently measuring to see if I can do a built-in book shelf to move all my Great War books to my new office. But I will need a bit of shelf space as the majority are currently occupying the upper half of the large book case in our dining room:

post-45680-12547894247182.jpg

post-45680-12547894506529.jpg

post-45680-12547894636791.jpg

Needless to say this is one house project I am really looking forward to. smile.gif

Cheers!

Lou

Very nice indeed, Lou! Looking forwards to seeing the pics as well. drinks.gif