Sign in to follow this  
jaa

Kicking A$$ in my Dr1

Up to now I have been flying the Albatrosses in the early part of the war. Today I decided to try the Dr1. Took off, thought crumbs this is twitchy. Bet i don't last long in this.

Hit our target balloon and then a swarm of Camels hit us. Now up to this point in time, if attacked by fighters, in a 1 against 1 situation, I would guess I would win only about 1 time in every three. BUT NOT TODAY. Today I was kicking a$$. I found it hard to target the enemy for more than a fracion of a second, due to the twitchyness, but due to the massive maneuverability of the Dr1 I would be straight back onto their tail in seconds. I was only getiing short sprays on the enemy (at one point it was 2 of them verses me) but I was a killing machine.

My first mission with a Dr1 and I got a balloon and 4 Camels. Unfortunately I got the dreaded Erroneous Claims message my on claim form, and i could not understand why, so they were all rejected out of hand.

But watch out English Scum. Now I have found MY plane, you don't stand a chance. Mwhahahahaha.

JAA

Imagine how much more success you will have with her as you learn her charms.

Up to now I have been flying the Albatrosses in the early part of the war. Today I decided to try the Dr1. Took off, thought crumbs this is twitchy. Bet i don't last long in this.

Hit our target balloon and then a swarm of Camels hit us. Now up to this point in time, if attacked by fighters, in a 1 against 1 situation, I would guess I would win only about 1 time in every three. BUT NOT TODAY. Today I was kicking a$$. I found it hard to target the enemy for more than a fracion of a second, due to the twitchyness, but due to the massive maneuverability of the Dr1 I would be straight back onto their tail in seconds. I was only getiing short sprays on the enemy (at one point it was 2 of them verses me) but I was a killing machine.

My first mission with a Dr1 and I got a balloon and 4 Camels. Unfortunately I got the dreaded Erroneous Claims message my on claim form, and i could not understand why, so they were all rejected out of hand.

But watch out English Scum. Now I have found MY plane, you don't stand a chance. Mwhahahahaha.

JAA

JAA,

Your "Erroneous Claim" message means that ONE (or more) of your claims is erroneous. You don't have to just shrug your shoulders, curse, and walk away. You should remove the claims one by one to see which was rejected (perhaps they will ALL be rejected once passed on to High Command, but for the moment, it's not even being accepted by your CO, and he is refusing to pass it on to HQ).

An enemy balloon is NOT a valid claim UNLESS you are sent on a SPECIFIC balloon-busting mission. Then the balloon is a valid target (make sure you get the correct balloon...the one next to it or nearby is NOT a valid target. You can check on your TAC if unsure, cycle through until you get "Vehicles" and then select one of the vehicles under your balloon (presumably a truck winch to drag her down). If you have the target brackets selected, it will show you the ground vehicles UNDER your assigned target, you need to look up from there to find YOUR balloon.

Perhaps if you were on a "lone wolf" mission, no corroborating witnesses saw your combat. Perhaps none of your wingmen survived to report your victories. Did you correctly name ALL your wingmen (and maybe even accompanying "A" Flight members?)...names only, not ranks.

Next time you get an erroneous claim, remove them one by one to see if it is any one in particular that is a bogus claim or an unwitnessed one.

Good Luck with your next claims.

Edited by Check Six

Hi, Jaa

The only dangers for you in the Dr.1 are high spirits and carelessness.

I have downed 5 S.E.5a in that craft, but died short after, cause I felt

so invincible, that I had not even bothered about higher flying enemies.

Once we get the Snipe...you can kiss your DR1 goodbye! :salute:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

No chance, mein Herr! Venn you hav your Snipe, vee vill hav der "Flyink Razor"!

Itt vill cut ze stringz of all ze crumpet puppetz! Muahahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!!!!

No chance, mein Herr! Venn you hav your Snipe, vee vill hav der "Flyink Razor"!

Itt vill cut ze stringz of all ze crumpet puppetz! Muahahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!!!!

Please remind me again how many victories this 'Flying Razor' scored?

A last ditch effort, from a doomed imperialist nation does not make a fighting machine... and I will enjoy blunting this flying razor as surely as a rock!! :grin:

Whoo-hoo - a flame war.

I'm not afraid of no Snipe. Bring it on. I am going to have to have a go on Multiplayer some time.

PS. I did die in my Dr1. Not in combat (although I was getting to the stage where I was feeling invincible and taking on too much risk as suggested might happen in the post above) but I died landing the darn thing at my Airbase. I think I will actually CUT the engine CTRL-SHIFT-F6 before I land from now on.

Widow: Please remind me again how many victories this 'Flying Razor' scored?

Zatt doez no longer matter! I vill change history in ziss crate! Togezzer vizz Jaa!

Mmmuahahahahahahaaaa!!!!

Jaa, you could try with throttle cut off, but I'm not sure if that's better.

She is a tricky crate to land, as if she wanted to jump back into the skies.

I cut throttle as soon as I'm rolling. And once the propellor stops pulling her,

you can pull the stick back, for the tail skid to dig in and slow her down.

jaa, side-slipping the DR1 with right rudder will help at landing as well as it bleeds off air speed and allows you to see where you are going. Just be sure to straighten out as your wheels find terra firma.

Cheers!

Lou