Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Strike Fighters 2: Israel RELEASE

What about the other parameters in the Nvidia Control Panel ?

Those are my parameters.

:grin: he i think we didn't understand each other.

I was speaking of all the other parameters like ambient occlusion, threaded optimization and so on

Ambient Occlusion = makes no difference not supported by TW titles

Threaded Optimization = On

grin.gif he i think we didn't understand each other.

I was speaking of all the other parameters like ambient occlusion, threaded optimization and so on

I havent touched anything else but those I said, all others are the default settings.

Ok thanks Dave, after few more test it appears that the phenomen occurs and disappear when i change the view from pit to external. Very strange :)

Ok thanks Dave, after few more test it appears that the phenomen occurs and disappear when i change the view from pit to external. Very strange :)

Same here... And guess what, I'm also running a GTX275 on my system (Q6600, 4GB, Win7 64bit). No matter what I tried, it seems there's no way to get rid of the stuttering on external views. V-Sync on, single display set-up (I'm using two), disabled FSAA and AF and so on. Heck, I even changed the energy saving mode and disabled the Aero theme. :dntknw:

Another weird issue you might want to check: When setting effects to high or unlimited, flares don't show up, yet they are illuminating the aircraft.

I tried every graphics setting possible in the game from low to ulimited yet, I continue to experience the strange graphics anomalies that I first posted. I find it rather odd and frustrating that all other Strike Fighter 2 games work perfectly on my system with the exception of Strike Fighters Israel 2. It appears to be having a very difficult time rending in the shadows. I guess I'll be sticking with Vietnam and Europe for now until a solution is discovered. :dntknw:

I have stutters too, mostly on fly by view when the plane gets close, in Israel. Game is smoother in Europe.

Im on an overclocked 3ghz 6600 quad and a 9800gtx. I had to dial AA and AF to 8X to get smooth play. Object texture unlimited, high for everything else. It starts getting clunky with higher settings. Its wierd how the games frame rate can oscillate between 100 frames down to 11 in the same runtime. I've never seen another game/program do that.

Those of you having problem with garphics.

1. Are you DX10? If not, you can't use advanced shaders, then now you got a slide show.

2. Latest DirectX?

3. Latest vid card drivers?

4. Is your vid card DirectX10 capable?

5. Try running SF2:Israel from the SF2.exe, seems to work fine on FPS.

I am having no issues at all.

img00001.JPG

img00005.JPG

img00006.JPG

img00014.JPG

What is your loading times? At maximum, my load times are closing two minutes with a quad core, 1gb ATI Card and 4 gb RAM.

Any ideas on corrections?

2 mins? Man what have you all done to your computers? I am even running max188's high res tiles with my quad core and I am getting a minute at the max!

Those of you having problem with garphics.

1. Are you DX10? If not, you can't use advanced shaders, then now you got a slide show.

2. Latest DirectX?

3. Latest vid card drivers?

4. Is your vid card DirectX10 capable?

5. Try running SF2:Israel from the SF2.exe, seems to work fine on FPS.

I am having no issues at all.

1. Yes (DX11, which includes DX10 and DX10.1)

2. Yes (see above)

3. Yes (191.07)

4. Yes (GTX 275)

5. Makes no difference for me.

You see why this is rather strange. It should run just fine. I mean, I do get decent frame rates (overall framerate is about 60 frames per second), it's just like there is always one frame that is out of tune, making everything unplayable. Not to mention the non-working effects under DX10.

Maybe I should test the new beta driver.

1. Yes (DX11, which includes DX10 and DX10.1)

2. Yes (see above)

3. Yes (191.07)

4. Yes (GTX 275)

5. Makes no difference for me.

You see why this is rather strange. It should run just fine. I mean, I do get decent frame rates (overall framerate is about 60 frames per second), it's just like there is always one frame that is out of tune, making everything unplayable. Not to mention the non-working effects under DX10.

Maybe I should test the new beta driver.

Just DLed SF2I today and I have the same stuttering issues. Also own SF2V and SF2E and no issues there. The big diff with SFI2 would be DX10, I guess?

My laptop specs:

Vista Home Premium, 64 bit, SP2

Asus Notebook, G50V-A1

Intel Core 2 Duo T9400, 2.53 ghz, Factory OCed to 2.8

4 gig RAM

NVidia 9700M GT, 512 meg, 186.81 driver

Best thing would be posting any tech trouble issues on TW forum, only when TK knows that many users have problems can he do somehting about it

Stutter problems are reported in this thread http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6933

Or post in TW Tech Support forum

~

I definitely will, but I want to do some more analysis first (defrag drives, check directx 10 version, etc) so I have more to report.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to the stuttering issue comments on this thread :)