Sign in to follow this  
Flegmatica

Stupidness: Your story.

Well hello there!

This thread is for stupids who have to tell the world that how stupid they really are.

Well, i am really one, when i come home after school i always go to refrigerator to get some drink, and since it's cold here in estonia (11 oct actually land was covered with snow) then i wear a hat and gloves. Well yesterday i tought i go outside and have some fun but WHERE IS MY HAT AND GLOVES? I searched everywhere! (not really) and didnt find them. I searched again and again. Then i tought ahh hell with it im gonna go without, opened refrigerator to get something to drink and what?! My hat and gloves IN refrigerator! Damn i felt stupid! And whats wierd is that i dont even remember putting them there! (But i did ^^)

Well, that's what happened to me recently, got some more silly stuff but im gonna talk about them later;).

So whats your story?

Edited by Flegmatica

About 10 years ago Sheila and I lived in apartment in San Antonio when I was a TI. We didn't have alot of money and we wanted cable in our bedroom. The cable outlet in our bedroom would of cost extra. Well I got a splitter and I ran the cable to the bedroom from the living room. Well not paying attention, I took the end and plugged into the cable outlet in the wall in our bedroom. Then I turned the TV on. Cable wasn't working. I sat around for 10 mins trying to figure it out when Sheila walks in and says, "Hey dummy, you plugged it into the wall." DOH! no wondering it didn't work. So I unhooked it and plugged it into the back of the TV and all was well. Sheila has never let that one go.

Guest Eject

Well hello there!

This thread is for stupids who have to tell the world that how stupid they really are.

Well, i am really one, when i come home after school i always go to refrigerator to get some drink, and since it's cold here in estonia (11 oct actually land was covered with snow) then i wear a hat and gloves. Well yesterday i tought i go outside and have some fun but WHERE IS MY HAT AND GLOVES? I searched everywhere! (not really) and didnt find them. I searched again and again. Then i tought ahh hell with it im gonna go without, opened refrigerator to get something to drink and what?! My hat and gloves IN refrigerator! Damn i felt stupid! And whats wierd is that i dont even remember putting them there! (But i did ^^)

Well, that's what happened to me recently, got some more silly stuff but im gonna talk about them later;).

So whats your story?

:salute:Flag and Dave, you guys know English is not my mom's tongue tho I started to use the language (overseas when my late dad worked there) at 5.5. years old, the word "stupidness" rang the radar in my ears. Mine got rusty perhaps but is it not "stupidity" instead? Thanks Btw I wish to share with you and others here my own stupidity when I SHOT my self in the little finger when I was cleaning my handgun at mid-night Saturday (Sunday had been my shooting-range days years ago). I was in a shock I felt no pain, just watching the little finger hanging there thanks to the tendon left. My wedding ring was blasted too! An emergency call got an answer: "Who shot you?" :I did!" said me, went downstair covered the limp little finger with a white thick towel my wive frantically gave me.

Ten minutes later, in the ambulance, the paramedic gave me a pain killer shot as the wound started to jab jab jab me. You know what happened next? The ambulance went to a wrong hospital in the County. So, it then sped to the city's hospital -- 20 miles away! It took six hours for the doctors to perform a micro surgery, putting the rest of my little finger back, less some inches of bone. I was confined to the hospital room for two full days. It had been snowing then. Stupid me. One hollow-point bullet had still been in the tip-up barrel of my .25cal Jet Fire. So, me now like a YAKUZA!

Nothing specific, but pretty much every ticket I've ever received while driving! :grin:

I lock my keys in my car on a regular basis unless I have them chained to my pants on one of those little punk chains. I amaze myself as to how often I do it. Also, in the current Suzuki Swift, there's a small square cup holder kinda thing between the seats and behind the handbrake where things, phones, keys, PSPs etc simple vanish for days for me. I lost a phone for a week and it was sitting in that, the devil's little bastard holder thingo, for something like five days. If my gf finds out about it, I'll never live it down.

I actually done something stupid yesterday morning. I was going to make cheese on toast so I started grating the cheese and noticed that I had used the last of it, after finishing with the grating I then proceeded to throw the grated cheese into the bin..... Dont ask me why I did it because I honestly dont know. I had to have scrambled egg instead.grin.gif

Mike

I have a habit of turning "off" lights that are already off... I just instinctivly reach for the switch when leaving a room, go figure.

Craig

Recently my wife and I FINALLY decided to put some money into our house and have it renovated (well... new siding, door, window, roof). So we go and buy this really nice ThermaTrue door, which has a fiberglass veneer. It's time to stain it, and to do fiberglass, you have to use Gel Stain... never tried it, in fact, I have little experience with staining as all moldings and doors in my house I painted white... so off I go.. staining. Well... what I am used to, is NOTHING like this Gel Stain. It's like brushing creamed Honey. It's sticky as hell, gums up in 2 strokes... looks overlapped as hell... on and on and on... and I'm cursing like hell, panicking as this is a $3K door here!!! Neighbors are looking out the windows at me... I'm ready to go ballistic... I mean this door and the side windows are looking REALLY BAD!!! It looks like it was sanded and painted over in two different shades of brown. Streaks... unbalanced... the works... real amatureish.. like an old faded door.

Finally, after arguing with my wife about how I just screwed it all up... wasted all our money... I'm a jerk.. should have paid to have it done... I walk away totally pissed off... I walk by the ThermaTrue door catalouge on the table, look down at it... low and behold there is my door.. and it looks exactly the same as the finish on my door. It's actually supposed to look like this.

:blink:

Now I love it. It does look pretty cool. Go figure.

OvS

Some days it can be getting out of bed that starts it all...

Where I live its off the road so off I wandered down to the bike to go out for a spin one bright sunny Sunday morning. I get to the bike place my helmet down at the side of the bike start the engine pull on my gloves and leave guess I was still half asleep as I get pulled just as I get onto the road!!! Helmet was still where I left it... back where I store the bike!!! The policewoman was laughing her head of when I pointed out where my helmet was... :blink: at least it was still in my bike store wasnt feeling too bright that day...

Or the time you go to the range and fire 5 sighting shots and end up with 35 holes in your target... thankfully not my stupidity that day... :dntknw: girl on the next lane didn't like her rifle.