Sign in to follow this  
kenhil2

download question

i'm new to the forum and i have found that it is the only place to get any good download content for Strike fighters 1. but i keep running into a download limit. is there anyway to lift this or am i just stuck with only 3-4 downloads a day? also a lot if the plane add ons are only RAR files, what is that? is there info missing or is that all i need to put new planes in the game? help please :(

ken

First, welcome to CA. To answer some of your questions:

You keep running into a download limit because of your member status (New Member). This status increases with posts/participation with the community, or by purchasing a subscription. There is or was a sticky on maximum download rate by status, but I have no idea where to find it right now.

.RAR files are compressed files designed to work with WinRAR, but can also be read and opened with 7-Zip, which is a free compression/decompression program. Everything you need to add to make the addon work is found int the .RAR or .7z file, unless specifically noted (like for some campaigns or missions).

For information on adding planes and modding the sim, go to the Knowledge Base under the ThirdWire section, it's covered pretty in-depth.

Edited by Caesar

welcome to combatace! as caesar said your member status has to do with your participation. theres alot of interesting topics going on in the forums always in addition to the downloads. plus when you run into problems in game the folks round here are very helpful at helping you figure it out, as long as you try to find the answer in the knowledge basse first! like with the military rank has its priviledge and the more you participate within the site the more you will be able to download. enjoy your time with us.good.gif

thanks for the info all, glad to be here, i will look harder for the answers in the forums :)

got lots of new planes, thanks again for the info and the welcome

Edited by kenhil2