Sign in to follow this  
gordohk

Claims question

Hi all. I have just completed two missions and downed a Nieuport 16 in each. When completing the claims form I am not present with that option in the drop down box I have N17, N17 w/ Lewis, several other aircraft, single seater, and double seater. Any suggestions on what to do? I'd hate to have both claims rejected

Did you see him Crash?

You can pump 115 bullets into the SOB, sending him down in flames, as he plummets earthward, your wingie fires one very short burst his way, and 1 bullet hits. His Kill, no it ain't fair, nothing in War is grin.gif

actually the wingmen seem to hang back and ignore any orders to attack. I was just puzzled as to why the N16 didn't show up on the list

I think I understand what the OP is getting at-- in the drop down list of aircraft on the kill claim form there are only a few named options to pick from, and only the option of Nieuport 17 and Nieuport 17- Lewis shows up there, along with RAF BE2c, FE2b, and a few others- but no option to pick 'Nieuport 16'. My suggestion to the OP is try selecting 'other single seater' near the list bottom. I'm campaigning in Fall 1916 and have downed (included following the sneaky devils to the ground) a couple of Bristol Scouts which also don't show up on the list, and so I've submitted claims using 'other single-seater'. The claim was approved, but I also wrote at the start (erasing the phrase 'Craft hit') as follows:

1/10/1916 12h24 Flanders Ugny-l'Equipee Patrol Enemy Front Lines Flying: Albatros DII. On this day claims: 1 Single Seater Type. Bristol Scout of RFC-1 was hit with an expenditure of 200 rounds of ammunition, hits observed in upper left wing, engine and cockpit. Engine smoking as machine rolled over into the field from about 600 feet, wreckage exploded on impact. Witnessed by: Edgar Hirsch, Kurt Muller Status : Confirmed .

Hope that helps! drinks.gif

You might find #50 very interesting

Also it's an excellent idea, to record the names of those you fly with on a hunk of scrap paper. For use as possible witnesses in future. Witnesses are always desired for claim approval.

UncleAl: I didn't see anything in post #50. I always jot down the names of my flight, which was really helpful in getting my other 19 confirmed kills. Thanks for the info