Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

OT New 'Total War' coming

yeah, but too bad they couldn't get empire right before releasing this.

Empire is one of my favorite games, but the potential for what it could of been as opposed to what happened was disapointing.

I've been playing the Total War series since Shogun and supported Creative Assembly right up until Empire. The game was buggy as hell on release (it still crashes on my system) and rather than spend time fixing it, they started to develop a new full-priced game that by rights should have been an add-on to Empire.

I am less than impressed and won't be purchasing Napoleon until it's in the bargain bucket and priced like the add-on it should have been.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Hiya,

I still think the original Total war was the best and brightest of the series.. Total war 2 was great for all the eye candy.. and the worst and most buggy was Empires.. I own all of them and have to say it does go in that order..

I hope the new one turns out good.. but like Vasco said.. im leanin torwards the price dropping before i commit funds for it.. after all, im savin up for the new Silent Hunter 5 ...Rawr... :cool:

Cheers everyone,

Blue781

The weak link with Empire (and I suspect Napoleon) is that Junk-Crap from hell..namely 'Steam'

I hate Steam with a vengeance!!!...I wish it nothing but financial disaster and a slow, painful death!

(another reason for not touching RoF for me..is this online connected to foreign, unknown Spyware servers!...Repugnant to me..and the real reason i dont play empire any longer.

I would not advocate using cracked software...but the Pirates who overcome Steam have my blessing!!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Quote by Widowmaker

I hate Steam with a vengeance!!!...I wish it nothing but financial disaster and a slow, painful death!

(another reason for not touching RoF for me..is this online connected to foreign, unknown Spyware servers!...Repugnant to me..and the real reason i dont play empire any longer.

Agreed - I have Total War series up to Empire - but having to be connected to a foreign server, and not having the option of whether you wish to patch, and having problems with Steam the first time I set up an account, means that I will never purchase any games that require Steam!

I played Total War since Shogun too. I liked everything but Empire, it´s the only TW that got deleted so quick from my harddrive and it won´t get in again.

itifonhom.

Steam...all of the full retail price, none of the full retail hard-copy. And patches/updates up to a week later than everyone else.

Steam...all of the full retail price, none of the full retail hard-copy. And patches/updates up to a week later than everyone else

exactly.. Steam is trying to be the 'future of gaming' in which you need certain 'software' to even get the game to run..

just another example of Corporatism trying somehow to force more money out of the consumer against their will, or forcing software on them that they personally may not want... I hate steam ugh !!!

Edited by Blue781

We should boycott the f*ckers!

I DO. I was a huge fan of the original 'Dawn of War', played all those games to death. 'DAWII', requiring steam? SCREW THAT. I never bought it and never will. No clients installed on my PC, thank you very much. Steam works for lots of people, doesn't mean it's a good idea or you should install it on your PC.

What did it for me with Steam, was the brilliant 'Day of Defeat' mod for Half Life...Stem got a hold of it...ruined it completely!!...then cheat us all out of cash to buy the Source!

I hate them so completely, that if BHaH was a steam release...I would not play it again!! (yes, I mean it!)

For what it's worth I did not get Empire for the fact of Steam. I would dearly love the Sea Battles aspect of the game and maybe the rest as well but I'm just not giving up on my computer/connection freedom. I see that another game gets flight and damage model "upgrades" against the wishes of the user and the user has no ability to revert to previous versions. I thank God that OBD manages the downloads and content the way they do. I never feel at odds with OBD and I don't expect I ever will.