It's aging with dignity. :tumbleweed:

Let's face it, LOMAC is an old sim now. Hasn't even had an update in years, the last was a compatablity fix for SF for Vista released not long after Vista was. However, Wags did list a 1.13 patch as a "to do" along with A-10 for DCS, so who knows?

I still fly it on occasion, a few times a month. Although I prefer flying the F-15 in the TW sims, the A-10, Su-27/33, MiG-29, and Su-25/T are still top notch, especially the 25T.

They are suppose to be coming out with a patch anyday now and it's been like that for the last few months. They said after they released the patch for the copter then they'll work on the lock on patch. Who knows how long that's going to take, but it's been long overdue. They knew about the screwed up missiles shortly after FC and it's patch came out. People still kept complaining and they did nothing about it. How come ARMA can get patches out so fast and it takes them years to "think" about doing one.

Well DCS itself was delayed for years because of their other work. Then they decided that DCS was more important as it would be a product that would bring in revenue while a LOMAC patch, let's face it, won't cause anyone to go out and buy LOMAC/FC anymore. It's more a "faithful customer reward" than anything else.

While they may have sold a ton of copies for Black Shark, the online community shows that it's not as big a success as they hoped. Not many servers and people staying faithful to Lock On. This community remembers and it's in ED's best interests to put out another patch that was promised. Granted, before ED decided to put BS out as a stand alone they said all the problems with LOMAC/FC would be fixed. So now they're on the hook for a fix. If they don't fix it then you're gonna see people downloading the game instead of buying it. The Russian version was cracked within 12 hours. I haven't had any issues with the new Star Force (or the old for that matter) but it has such a negative stigma that the smartest thing to do is to use SecureRom for disc protection and a license key (to be activated with an account) online. It would bring tons more people to the DCS series just with those two changes alone.

The other thing is there's a dedicated Lock On fan site and it's got something like 40k members. I see several dozen posts a day in each of the 8 forum sections.

Edited by Ruggbutt

Well DCS itself was delayed for years because of their other work. Then they decided that DCS was more important as it would be a product that would bring in revenue while a LOMAC patch, let's face it, won't cause anyone to go out and buy LOMAC/FC anymore. It's more a "faithful customer reward" than anything else.

BS was suppose to be another addon to lock on, but they went ahead and made it a standalone. They knew well ahead of time but didn't tell the community tell well after. They knew that everyone would be upset, well at least most of them. You can't even say anything bad on their forums, if you do then you run the risk of getting banned. I'll bring up ARMA again and the releases of their patches. ARMA 1 ACE mod came out with patches it seemed like once a month. We aren't expecting that but when problems haven't been fixed in over 2 years then people tend to get upset. How hard would it of been for them to do some work on a patch?

Many people have bought lock on and FC more then once, I bought FC twice. A guy on lockonfiles.com has bought it 4 times, that's $60 bucks just for the addon.