Sign in to follow this  
ThePsy

Nieuport 17bis

Hello, I'm looking for the Nieuport 17bis. From where can I download it?dntknw.gif

No, the Nieuport 17bis has a "rounded" fusalage, all of Cristian59's Nieuports are regular Nieuports 17 (slab sided) with different machinegun packages.

No one that I know of at this point has made an official Nieuport 17bis.

Here are some drawings and you can see how the N17bis has the "rounded" sides: http://mars.ark.com/~mdf/N_27.html

In a pinch, you could use the Nieuport 24bis (but the tailskid is wrong), and replace the Nieuoprt 24 bis engine HP with the Nieuport 17 engine HP in the Data.ini file.

Edited by Panama Red

I'm asking because this plane is requested in the readme from PlaneFest II campaign. Maybe it was a mistake and it's an other Nieuport.

Now I know what you are asking about.

IIRC, (you could it's a historical "typo", what it meant was the regular Nieuport 17 that the British used (overhead Lewis MG) that is part of Christian59's Niueport 17 package.

Christian59 calls it a Nieuport 17b, but Firecage confused that with a real Nieuport 17bis, versus Christian's Nieuport 17b (which never existed with that particular designation).

After you download Chriatian59's Nieuports, go here and download my updated FM's for the Nieuports (post #13 on this thread): http://forum.combatace.com/topic/42841-some-rarer-plane-fms/page__p__309289&?do=findComment&comment=309289

Edited by Panama Red

Thanks a lot Panama drinks.gif , my planelist is now completegood.gif

Well, actually nieuport 17 "Bis" designates a whole lot of small modifications done to the original nieuport17.

Thus the first Nieuport 17 bis are exactly like the nieuport 17 externally. Later versions would be more "ovale" like you said.

Coming back to the subject which was the N17bis ingame, it looks like someone made it. I have a plane called "nieuport 17 bis" so someone at least made a plane called "nieuport 17 bis".

EDIT: Yeah its nieuport17b from chirstian which ingame name is "bis". So thepsy you just need to download Christian's Megapack.

Edited by nixarass