Sign in to follow this  
zoomzoom

Won't the Oberleutnant be proud?

Had the distinct pleasure, and suprise yesterday, to shoot down and capture an enemy fighter in tact. Well, mostly in tact, as I had to shred a little of the outer right wing tip to keep him on the ground. "Vee can fix zat right?"grin.gif

ZZ.post-45966-12560469059726.jpg

Had the distinct pleasure, and suprise yesterday, to shoot down and capture an enemy fighter in tact. Well, mostly in tact, as I had to shred a little of the outer right wing tip to keep him on the ground. "Vee can fix zat right?"grin.gif

ZZ.post-45966-12560469059726.jpg

You should have it repainted in German markings and fly it. :salute:

Hahaha!! Another new addition to the sim - never had that to happen! Congrats, Zoomzoom!

Congrats ZoomZoom,

Your very own flyer!! Now get him back to camp, have a hell of a party (he is the main attraction..) before they come and collect him for the camps.. Im sure the boys back at base will have the booze ready.. ;)

The honor of those days was amazing.. so much gentelman flyers... Where the enemy was still an honorable opponent, and countless rounds to the fallen foes..

Great Job.. :drinks:

Edited by Blue781

Thanks Olham, and Grommit.

You should have it repainted in German markings and fly it.

Now that would be a lovely add-on. Flyable repainted enemy craft if you get them down in tact!grin.gif

Unfortunately the Air Ministry apparetnly took mine for testing!dntknw.gif

ZZ.

Speaking of oddities......I got this shot a few days ago....I parked in a hanger after a flight, just to see if it worked. It did. I think someone else mentioned it here, so I tried it. Wierd thing is, in the right hand corner of the machine shed, after I took this picture, I noticed a guy standind in the corner that I swear looked like he was taking a leak. Guess I'll have to park again and get another shot. lol

Ps...Ps. Precisely Blue....a round on everyone!drinks.gif

Edited by zoomzoom

ZZ, Oh yeah "the Leaker" is there quite often. I just hope he's using a coffee tin or something. Seems to be a habit of the mechanics. Congrats on your capture! You never know what will transpire in OFFworld. Good thing you got a photo. :drinks:

Edited by Rickitycrate

Nicely done, ZZ, definitely one for the books Salute.gif

Had the distinct pleasure, and suprise yesterday, to shoot down and capture an enemy fighter in tact.

Nicely done, but where in the front are you? The pic looks something like an irrigated part of west Texas near the edge of the caprock....

Careful, could be a Tommy plot

"Give them Camels and let them die trying to fly em" lol.gif

he he ...great job zoomzoom!

Give that poor pilot a Schnapps before you send him off to camp

Duce: Careful, could be a Tommy plot "Give them Camels and let them die trying to fly em"

That's what I thought but didn't post, cause I didn't want to offend sensibilities of our

British flyers here.

Give that poor pilot a Schnapps before you send him off to camp.

They did more than that. In my book "Kriegstagebuch der Jagdstaffel 12", are pics, where

they show their aerodrome and aircraft to the pilots they captured. They had a meal with

them and sure smoked cigarrettes and drank some brandy together before the transport

to the camp.

I like this particular picture; I read so much in it. The British pilot (looking so typically British

to me) is brought down and captured. But he stands upright and dignified, while the Germans

seem almost a bit embarassed about the situation.

["Das Kriegstagebuch der Jagdstaffel 12" Michael Schmeelke ISBN 3-925 480-95-1]

Edited by Olham

Lovely pics Olham. You never cease to amaze with the material you have at your disposal. They all seem like a bunch of kids at a soccer game you know...or a sporting match. Once they met face to face and weren't trying to kill each other anymore. A proud element, (the chivalry and good heartedness)...but poigniant and sad....because tomorrow they will be back trying to kill again. Reflects the whole war really....sad and unecessary.

Well,....back to the hunt!grin.gif

ZZ.

Bullet. The hill behind the shot I believe is where my current aerodrome is located. I forget the name of the place...I'll see if I can check. Its cool to fly out of there cause you simply fly off of the top of the hill. Good place for some Heavy Arty if you know what I means.....and I know you do. Great vantage point.

Roucourt is on a hill. Jasta 11 and 12.

Yes, that's pretty much how they might have felt, once they met eye to eye.

And DAWN PATROL is definitely one of the movies I must get and see.

I wonder - do they survive?

Hmmmm. I'll give you a hint....one of them does...I think. Don't want to spoil it for you.

By the way, what exactly was the captured German pilot talking about anyway...I've always wondered? I figured maybe you could make it out Olham.

ZZ.

Well, they are pretty drunk already, but he says:

"Whom I have brought down? Aaaahhh! That's a very big pleasure for me!

That makes me very happy! You are my friend, you understand? You are my friend!"

And after opening the Champagne:

"Comrades! Opponents in arms! Friend! The fact, that we are enemies doen't mean,

that we have to hate each other personally. Absolutely not!

It's like a sport - we do our duties as soldiers, that's clear, but - but nevertheless c

an we be friendly guys, who like each other!

It should not keep us, at an occasion like this, from celebrating each other.

Hoch! Hoch! Hoch!

To the health of your wife and your family!"

(Hoch! comes from "Er lebe hoch!" Difficult to translate; it's like

"May he live high!" as the opposite of being low.)

Olham my friend,

You MUST watch this movie. But I would advise you to purchase a copy rather that visit your local video sotre and rent it, because you will want to own a copy. A great film IMHO. At this stage, THE definitive WW1 aviation film (at least until Peter Jackson gets around to making a fuill length film).

Outstanding zoomzoom! Never seen that done before myself in OFF, though I did force a couple of Huns to crash land their kites and keep 'em on the wheels. Prost to you Herr ZZ!

And I agree Check Six, "Dawn Patrol" is still the best film on the subject. I have watched it 20 times at least.

Cheers!

Lou

Thanks to you all.Salute.gif And thanks again to you Olham for the enlightening translation. It makes the movie even more poignant now that I know what he's saying. I always thought Erols' line "I took German in school but I cant understand the way these foreigners speak it." was hilarious. Not to mention they are drunk on top of it all...which certainly wouldn't help either.no.gif

ZZ.

Mumbled by a drunk, German must be almost extraterrestian language.

Thanks all, yes, I'll get a copy.

We don't have video remtal shops anyway, that would have such an old movie.

And if it's only half as good as you all say, I want to own it.

I have already got "Hell's Angels", where I found the Zeppelin scenes very interesting,

cause I had had no idea of how they operated.

Mumbled by a drunk, German must be almost extraterrestian language.

Thanks all, yes, I'll get a copy.

We don't have video remtal shops anyway, that would have such an old movie.

And if it's only half as good as you all say, I want to own it.

I have already got "Hell's Angels", where I found the Zeppelin scenes very interesting,

cause I had had no idea of how they operated.

I thought it was a bit over the top how they threw themselves over the side to reduce ballast, but overall the air-to-air filming was exquisite for the time.

You MUST watch this movie. But I would advise you to purchase a copy rather that visit your local video sotre and rent it, because you will want to own a copy. A great film IMHO. At this stage, THE definitive WW1 aviation film (at least until Peter Jackson gets around to making a fuill length film).

I agree 100%

Dawn Patrol is excellent