Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

Operation Crimean Thunder

DUDE, that video is soooo friggen AWESOME!!! Man, you guys should go professional or something, that was... WOW!

Haha well Stormin did contact us about some interesting future plans ;)

T-Bone

i found it earlier but my internet had problems

thanks anyway ;)

Its interesting to note that we originally planned on creating this one as a single hypothetical cold war parody/satirical campaign, Operation: Crimean Thunder, with 20 "fake" missions set in 1985. However, we felt that the story we were developing had enough substance behind and was well fleshed out to make it become a true epic geopolitical drama in itself. So instead of a hypothetical Operation Flashpoint type war, we decided to edit the story to be a huge war ripped from tommorow's headlines set in the year 2008. This is the year that the JSF is supposed to enter service. It comes right before a huge transition in the USAF inventory and it is plausible that the JSF and F/A-22 would not enter service yet due to delays so it will be the last time many of the fighters we see here will be in service before slowly being phased out. Thus what was originally planned as a 20 mission regular campaign based on the default LOMAC campaign evolved into a 3 part saga spanning 2 years of conflict and 200 missions called the Black Sea Operations. Southern Cross was the name entitled to the first campaign, a prequel set against the Russian army's southward crossing through the Caucasus mountains through the Kordi Gorge into Georgia. We decided that the flat terrain of the Crimean Peninsula would not fully utilize the map presented in Lock On. The Caucasus range presents exciting terrain masking / valley flying tactics that many of you interceptor jocks have not dealt with before (besides in Janes F-15 in the Iranian Zagros). Crimean Thunder is the main conflict of the series and Georgian Fire is the sequel/epilogue to the epic war fought between NATO and Russia in the Black Sea in which NATO liberates Georgia.

So why 200 missions? We decided this would be enough for at least 100 hours of gameplay to provide enough experience with the F-15C for the player to become proficient at using the aircraft against all opponents offline and online. This would be the perfect F-15C training tool. It also turned out to be the perfect movie making basis... and soon we'll be publishing small war stories based on missions in the campaigns on the F-15 training website. The creation of squadron characters to fly as aids as a novelization tool.

Tonight we tested out one of these missions online publically. Personally, I think this campaign experience far exceeds my original expectations. Believe it or not I had more fun in this mission than I have in many missions I've flown in Falcon 4.0's dynamic campaigns online. A word of caution. A lot of these missions are HARD. Harder than the majority of USAFMTL's campaigns due to the large number of enemy fighters and air defenses. Since the shared experience of the campaign is extraordinarily fun, I am now considering making EVERY single mission in the Black Sea Opeartions have a multiplayer version so you'll have the ability to play every mission in the campaign with your squadronmates/friends online to share the experience.

T-Bone

when you plan to release it?

Release what? The multiplayer mission pack or the actual campaigns?

T-Bone

campain

Haha well Stormin did contact us about some interesting future plans ;)

T-Bone,

Has anything come to pass with the contact from Stormin? Of course you will only divulge what you can, but with a line like the one I quoted above, it was hard to ingore..... ;)

Slickwilli, contact me on ICQ and we can discuss this... ;)

I'll give you a clue, he has some VERY exciting plans :)

T-Bone