Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Kerry Wins Support Of North Korea

Well, Senator Kerry now has some support that he probably wishes he didn't.

North Korea's leader, Pyongyang, is hopeful that Senator Kerry will become our next President.

See the article at:

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0403050011.html

Apparently, the North Koreans hope that Kerry will win; thinking that with Kerry in office, there would be a softening of US policies concerning North Korea's nuclear program.

If Kerry would become our President, I am sure that is exactly what would take place, and another reason why NOT to vote for him.

Think about it.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Has anyone noticed a resemblance between "Lurch" from the Addams Family, and Senator Kerry? Kinda scary! Heh, heh......

Navy Chief

There was an article that surfaced out of the UK suggesting that the folks in the UK want to have a say in our elections here in the US. The feeling is we dont know what the hell we are doing putting someone like Bush in Office and that the majority of voters are dumb rednecks from Virginia and Alabama placing thier vote at Walmart.

The UK tried to control things over here once before and it didnt quite work, a little something called the American Revolution took care of that.

We Americans are too stupid to elect a President so the eauropean nations want to do it for us.

North Korea is afraid of Bush because they know Bush wont jerk around and give in to asshat countries like North Korea. Bush may not be the smartest guy on the block and he may not have all the answers, but he has a lot of smart people around him and he backs up what he says with action. Ever since 9-11 the rules changed and we cant afford to sit back and wait for something else to happen. Yes I am concerned about the economy, but more importantly I am concerned with the security of this nation and if that means I pay a few extra cents for gas to keep from ever having another 9-11 again then so be it.

I agree Seawolf.

Any problems with our economy will pale in comparison to what will happen to us if our country's security is compromised.

Don't you agree?

Navy Chief

100% Chief

I haven't seen any real evidence that the economy is that bad off, but I'm not ignorant to the fact that it could use a little more work of course. There are a lot of good things going on in Iraq if you can look past these terror attacks and the war on the Taliban for all purposes has been a success. People in Afghanistan and Iraq are getting a taste of freedom they never had in the past and it's scaring the hell out of countries like North Korea, Iran, Syria,etc because they dont want thier people to taste that freedom. It could spell disaster for thier control over thier people and they know it.

Blame UK TV for the "Redneck" stereotype.

Don't think they really want to control our elections, no need getting in a fit with our only "real" ally.

The world can be a very lonely place for a country that stands alone, they dont last long. Imperialist Japan comes to mind... no Germany and Italy weren't throwing a whole lot their way in case your thinkin it.

Another example; North Korea stands alone... enough of that Chinese-Korean lovey lovey lie that has been perpetrated, China despises Korea, the only reason why they kicked our ass was because we nearly invaded them. North Korea will fetch when told to by China, if they get out of hand, you can bet that the first troops to get involved wont be sporting American flags on their shoulders.

Secondly, North Korea doesnt scare me, all they want is more aid, its just that their going about it the wrong way. And you can bet that if this little thing goes hot, then your gonna see our west coast go up in flames.

But then again, some may think, hell with them, we can just nuke'em first.... hence the "Cowboy" image that the whole world thinks us to be.

No need to push the North Koreans, they're scared of everyone. They're the only country to ever lose to a western army, and even their commie cohorts done like them all that much. They've got a rich neighbor to the south, and a very progressive neighbor to the north. The people of North Korea are becoming increasingly fed up with the regime, and its not too far of a stretch to see some sort of coup within the decade. We wont end this feud with guns and bombs, we will end it by spending money to buy people... the American way, and the smart way.

Remember, where diplomacy ends, war begins. Too bad Bush wont let the diplomats do their job. I.E. Our exceptional Secretary of State, that happens to be handcuffed by the administration, and has lost his credibility because of that administration.

And Seawolf, I hate to criticize you, but do try to pick up a bit more on our Revolution, you'll find that the Brits weren't as bad as we are led to believe in our state approved text books. Infact the overwhelming majority of the citizens of Britain were in our favor, as was the house of commons (all but one of the taxes was repealed immediatly, and the tea tax was removed shortly after), until we alligned with the French and Spanish. Which led to a reversal in popular opinion. We probably would have gained independence without war. This again bringing up the point of diplomacy... lack of patience cost American lives then, as it does now.

Blame UK TV for the "Redneck" stereotype.

Don't think they really want to control our elections, no need getting in a fit with our only "real" ally.

The world can be a very lonely place for a country that stands alone, they dont last long.  Imperialist Japan comes to mind... no Germany and Italy weren't throwing a whole lot their way in case your thinkin it.

Another example; North Korea stands alone... enough of that Chinese-Korean lovey lovey lie that has been perpetrated, China despises Korea, the only reason why they kicked our ass was because we nearly invaded them.  North Korea will fetch when told to by China, if they get out of hand, you can bet that the first troops to get involved wont be sporting American flags on their shoulders.

Secondly, North Korea doesnt scare me, all they want is more aid, its just that their going about it the wrong way.  And you can bet that if this little thing goes hot, then your gonna see our west coast go up in flames.

But then again, some may think, hell with them, we can just nuke'em first.... hence the "Cowboy" image that the whole world thinks us to be.

No need to push the North Koreans, they're scared of everyone.  They're the only country to ever lose to a western army, and even their commie cohorts done like them all that much.  They've got a rich neighbor to the south, and a very progressive neighbor to the north.  The people of North Korea are becoming increasingly fed up with the regime, and its not too far of a stretch to see some sort of coup within the decade.  We wont end this feud with guns and bombs, we will end it by spending money to buy people... the American way, and the smart way.

Remember, where diplomacy ends, war begins.  Too bad Bush wont let the diplomats do their job. I.E. Our exceptional Secretary of State, that happens to be handcuffed by the administration, and has lost his credibility because of that administration.

And Seawolf, I hate to criticize you, but do try to pick up a bit more on our Revolution, you'll find that the Brits weren't as bad as we are led to believe in our state approved text books.  Infact the overwhelming majority of the citizens of Britain were in our favor, as was the house of commons (all but one of the taxes was repealed immediatly, and the tea tax was removed shortly after), until we alligned with the French and Spanish.  Which led to a reversal in popular opinion.  We probably would have gained independence without war.  This again bringing up the point of diplomacy... lack of patience cost American lives then, as it does now.

So exactly where am I to get my history from if not from text books snapple? the BBC?

As far as criticizing me goes you can't. You lack the experience. ;)

We had better be concerned about North Korea. Any country that defies previously agreed to treaties, and builds nuclear weapons - is a country not to ignore, period.

As for our country's "Cowboy image", as Snapple put it; well, it surely seems that other countries are paying attention to us now. Look at Libya. Quite a turnaround, if you ask me.

NC

Cowboy's carry guns... guns scare people.

Seawolf I can criticize you when your presenting a misconception and I said "state-approved textbooks". I fail to see how experience has anything to do with something that happened more than two centuries ago. What? You've got a dozen years or so on me... so you got more TV time? Is that the experience factor?

Seawolf wrote

that the majority of voters are dumb rednecks from Virginia and Alabama placing thier vote at Walmart.

Hey I'm from Virginia,i find that redneck thing..oh wait a min I AM a redneck.never mind. :D

The "redneck stereotype" comes from the rednecks themselves, it has absolutely nothing to do with UK TV.

Infact the only time I've seen rednecks on TV is from AMERICAN films.

Quite frankly no one in the UK really cares who becomes president of the US, I dont know where you read that article, probably on the BBC news site..Ignore the BBC, infact ignore all British media companies because they're all run by a select few individuals with agendas.

Cheers

Hi ya AD good to Cya here..well I was told,about being a RedNeck,be proud if you are one and well I are one :D I spent some time in UK while I was stationed at the US NavCommSta in Londonderry N.Ireland and got to watch alot of the BBC...some great soccer(sorry I mean football),and I'm still traumtised from my first experience with warm ale(we won't discuss that here)and driving on the wrong side of the road,well wrong side for me anyways.oh yeah and then there's that little matter of what they call cigarettes over the pond... :lol:

I'm a Kerry supporter (let the boos begin!!!!!!!!) I'm also a supporter of the military and more specifically the people that serve our beloved country. The reason I don't support Bush is that he is too reckless with his diplomacy. He lacks tact and persuasive ability. If we had a president that was coolheaded in time of crisis, we could have convinced our allies of our reasons for going to war with Iraq instead of provoking a feeling of uneasiness with our revenge seeking leader. We all have our opinions and can sit here and argue about it until our fingers cramp. I'm not going to convince a Bush supporter of my view just as a Bush supporter will not convince me of their views. The only true power you have is in your vote in November. God bless the people overseas and those that have served in any war for defending that freedom for us. That's how I feel about it.

P.S. You can vote at Wal-mart?

only in Va. and Alabama :D and with solid proof of redneckism B)

He lacks tact and persuasive ability.

Needed if your seeking a BJ in the Oval Office.

If we had a president that was coolheaded in time of crisis, we could have convinced our allies of our reasons for going to war with Iraq instead of provoking a feeling of uneasiness with our revenge seeking leader

If we had a UN that could do their freaking job...we wouldn't have needed a be the worlds police....again.

We all have our opinions

And I'm not trying to change that....I have mine as well.

God bless the people overseas and those that have served in any war for defending that freedom for us. That's how I feel about it.

Agreed...

Cowboy's carry guns... guns scare people.

YEEEEEEHAW!

Quite frankly no one in the UK really cares who becomes president of the US,

Hey I'm in the US, and I don't care who becomes president

My vote is for none of the above!

:D

BirdDogg.

Its funny that Bush-supporters only choose to mention North Korea as supporting Kerry.

If the article was a little more unbiased it would tell you that there isn't a nation on the planet that would like to see Bush get re-elected (other than the US of course).

This includes America's allies. Saying no one in the UK cares about who is president is not true. There is massive antipathy towards Bush over here.

I am sure there are a lot of nations eager for Kerry to become President.

Why wouldn't they? After all, Kerry's desire is to turn over control of US forces to the UN. And the UN has shown how inefficent and corrupt it is. In fact, more investigations into corrupt dealings between Saddam Hussein and UN officials will almost certainly uncover even more such illegal transactions.

Now is NOT the time to have a passive US President. Terrorism would not only increase; it would destroy us.

We need a President who is strong on defense. Kerry has proved he is not. Simply look at his voting record.

Yes, I am sure a lot of nations want Kerry to be the next US President.

America needs Bush; not Kerry, to lead us.

Navy Chief

Kerry voted for the war in Iraq. Seems to me like he wouldn't be passive. The war in Iraq was a good thing. We shouldn't have lost any allies in the process. It's all about tact. Bush's speeches make him sound like he's an asshole. There is a way to say "kiss my ass" that sounds more friendly.

One last thing, you know that term "Bush Bashing", well it seems that we seem to be getting a whole lot of Kerry bashing here on biohaz. In fact every single thread that involves Kerry or Bush is started by a staunch Bush supporter. Is there a need for the constant mud slinging? I think not. It seems that the Bush-ites are on the offensive, and its getting to be real boring hearing the same garbage thrown about. Just seems to me that a thread gets started poking at Kerry, and as soon a non-bush supporter speaks up, we get the same old recycled crap from both sides.

I must quote again "arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you're still a retard". So you dont like Kerry, and somebody else doesnt like Bush. Little bit of advice... NOBODY GIVES A SH*T! After all who the hell are you guys to sway anybody's vote?

All this Kerry and Bush bashing does is lower ourselves for a meaningless cause. And yes I know I've been a part of it, but its really getting pointless now. After the same people say the same thing 3 times, it becomes a little redundant.

I mean sh*t guys atleast try to spice it up a little.

Edited by snapple2993

When it comes to the leadership of this country, Snapple, I do not consider my views to be whining in any respect.

As for Kerry bashing? Well, the man has a questionable record when it comes to defense, and although I agree that economy issues are important; it takes a back seat to the protection of this country. I personally believe that Kerry's past actions and his voting record matters. It provides a clear picture of his character.

As for the "same garbage being thrown about" as you put it, I believe that this forum is, as defined:

"General discussion. Please post all off-topic discussions in here."

And so, I chose to begin this thread about Kerry. I do not agree with you that discussions on this forum are a waste of time. As for changing anyone else's mind? No matter to me. I simply wish to air my thoughts, and last I checked, it was allowed.

Again, at the risk of restating or, as you called it "recycled crap", I continue to maintain that President Bush is the best choice for continued leadership of this country.

I do not apologize for starting this thread. Quite the contrary. I am proud to have stated my views.

Navy Chief

F*ck it.

You go ahead and be scared.

The military is just another special interest group, that happens to have better stuff than the NRA. All they want is more and more money. Like I've said, pour money into the intelligence agencies... they're a whole lot cheaper and way more effective than a huge lumbering beast of a military.

Ofcourse thats just my opinion. I havent been enlightened by the _______, I havent had the luxury of learning that the _______ is always right, and that they are the most important thing to this country.

Fill in the blanks with any of these words and you get the same idea:

Teachers Unions

AARP

NRA

Pro-Life

Military

Pro-Choice

Insurance Companies

Greenpeace

Peta

(or any other whinny money hungry zealotous organization)

Well, as long as we're stating views, I'll go ahead and post mine:

Abortion:

Abortion, as 90% of women use it, (ie birth control) is wrong. Only in cases of rape, incest, etc should it be allowed. If you're not mature enough to have a baby and put it up for adoption, you're not mature enough to be having sex in the first place.

Afirmative Action/quotas:

All it is is reverse descrimination. One should be chosen for their credentials, not their skin color.

Defense (Homeland security):

I don't think it's all its cracked up to be. I mean, in the US, there has been what, three foreign terrorist attacks in the past decade? Not to put down the loss of life in the US, but thousands more from American stupidity than from terrorist attacks. We have bigger problems to worry about.

Defense (Military):

The military acts as a much better deterent to foreign terrorism than any amount of screening would do. You hurt us, we destroy you.

Economy:

I think the economy is hyped up even more than the defense issue. I'm a high school senior, and I found a job when the economy was at its lowest. If I can find a job, I have no sympathy for a college graduate who can't stop complaining, get off their a$$, and go find a job.

Education:

Those people that say that more money needs to go to education need to look at this fact: the US spends far more money per student (around $10,000 for one student to go K-12, if I recall correctly) than any other country (I think Japan is next, and they spend like half that amount), yet our test scores are some of the lowest. The problem here is the AMOUNT of money, its the placement. For example, while in city kids are getting a lot of attention, my school district in a 50,000 population town in Kansas is looking at closing it's third elementary school in two years.

Gays:

I like the way that Fred guy put it: I don't care if a person is gay or not, just don't do it near me. If someone wants to be gay, I don't care, as long as I don't have to watch.

Gun Control:

Gun control is crap. If you look at the people who've proposed gun control laws, you'll see that they are the people that have not been exposed to them. Those that have been exposed to them throughout their lives know that guns are not dangerous in most hands. Our second amendment says "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." If someone wants to get their hands on a gun to commit a crome, nothing is going to stop them. I don't mind wait times to check on people's criminal records, but anything more than that is just an infringement on the constitution.

Iraq:

I'm not really sure what to think about the Iraq war, other than it's already happened, nothing we can do about it, so we might as well stop complaining about why or whether we should've gone to war.

Medical Issurance:

I don't have to worry about this much, but from what I hear from doctors and my parents, it seems that this is getting way out of hand. It will probably be nationalized soon, and rightly so.

North Korea:

Again, overhyped. They're not dumb enough to send some nukes our way. Just as long as we keep our military policy with them (ie ignore them) then they'll just fade out. Or maybe not. Either way, I don't think they pose the threat that they're made out to be.

Seperation of Chruch and State:

I can understand a lot of the laws being put on this, but some of it is rediculous. I can't think of any specifics on this at the moment, though...

Social Security:

This goes with the economy: Get off your butt and go find a job. If you can't get enough energy and commitment to help yourself first, than again, you shouldn't expect the government to do it for you.

The biggest problem in the US:

Individual initiative! Get off your butt and figure it out for yourself! Don't expect someone else to do it for you!

UN and our "Allies":

I don't think France, Russia, and Germany are, were, and will be our true allies. If they don't like what we did, well, screw them. They don't have the power to stop us, and we don't need to give up any power to them.

Yeah. I feel better B)

Snapple

Let me get this straight. You consider the military to be ("just another special interest group, that happens to have better stuff than the NRA".)

Hmm. And you are planning on becoming a Naval Officer?

You might want to look for another career, if that is the way you truly feel.

NC

Holy Sh*t PG has just opened new areas for us to discuss... thanks Raptor.

I'll counter with this. We actually agree on most of those issues, with some modifications on a few of the them.

Abortion, I'm for it completely. Adoption is a bad idea since all it does is f*ck up the kid. I've known maybe 10 adopted kids and only 1 turned out to be okay. Birth control, I'm all for it.

Agree on Affirmative Action

Agree on Homeland Security

Agree with military, just not using it in the right places. Then again I have extreme views like turning the Middle east into a DMZ. Or a colony, whichever makes my gas come down from $2 a gallon for Regular.

Economy. High School and College students dont have a problem getting jobs. People still buy fast food and go shopping etc. etc. etc. The problem is that Corporations have cut back and are still cutting back, becuase everything else is f*cked up.

Education spending. Ya we spend a whole lot. You live in Kansas. A state less that is less diverse and probably populated by more people that are more civil than say FLORIDA. The high school I went to now has bars, and a dozen security guards, and 2 police officers. This for 3000 kids. There are zones that are off limits, during certain hours. Most of the money in that 10k per student is spent on keeping the kids in line, trust me its a god damned zoo at every public school in Florida, and probably in most larger states. Teachers dont teach here, they baby sit.

Gays, I do not care. I avoid South Beach, and Key west. I see to dudes makin out, I just walk on by. Then again I live in Florida where it is more prevalent, and I have grown used to it. let'em get married, if Straights can lose have of their stuff in a divorce, so can fags and dikes.

Gun Control: Get rid of hand guns. And yes I've been around guns since I was a kid. I learned to shoot when I was 4. Probably because my dad is a Texas redneck.

Agree on medicare

Agree on North Korea

Social Security. Wright everybody a big check now for all that they have paid in, and get rid of it. Or turn it into a national retirement plan like the euros have, and we wont have to deal with Companies dicking their employees.

Iraq, We were gonna go before 9-11, its over with now. Dead issue, except for the loss of 3 soldiers a day. This needs to be resolved quickly. By any means possible.

There is no BIGGEST problem, just lots of medium sized ones, and they all require a different answer.

Correction, France and Germany have a whole lot of Economic power. Examples Daimler-Chrysler, and Airbus. If Boeing doesnt get it together and stop being a dinosaur, we will all be riding in an A3 something rather than a 7 something within 10 years. This is no joke.

Russia is of no concern.