Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Brisfit gunner NOTa wizzard - got one down!

This is an exception, normally I post pics in "Screenshots", but I had to counter my earlier post,

ranting about the Brisfit tailgunners being wizzards, who would always immediately shoot up

your engine. Not so today.

This time, I remained further away from him and hit him with long range bursts so often, that

he began to pull a trail of thick black smoke. Also, he descended slightly.

Now I pushed nose down and went closer from below. When I pulled up, he got a terible burst

from 150 feet. The engine or tank exploded, and the craft rolled over it's left wings and went

down badly burning. I had only received minor hits in the wings.

At landing, I had marked Ritter von Greim's craft. Now I sat in my crate near my tent and waited

for A-flight to land. First came my two wingmen, but the second landed on the first - crush!

But Ritter von Greim, August Delling, and their two wingmen came in fine. The extra picture shows

them taxiing. That was a lovely sight to watch!

Nicely done, Olham!

I've not had the pleasure of meeting up with one of those yet, but I'll keep that tactic in mind. I've been studying the formations that the RFC/Esc recce machines in 1916 take, and they have each other fairly well covered. I'll often, somewhat cheekily, wave my wingman and another machine in to the attack the higher machine, and while its busy fighting them off I can slip in behind and below my target machine, easily getting close before hammering it with a two or three second burst, without worrying that the higher machine will fire its observers gun on me since he's too busy with my flight members.

drinks.gif

Baldric: I've not had the pleasure of meeting up with one of those yet...

Baldric, believe me: it's anything but pleasure!

Forget all the other two seats you've shot down. The Bristol Fighters do what their name says:

they fight you! The come down on you, circle round you, perform hammerheads and other artistic

manoeuvers, and the pilots do all, to get their tail gunners in good firing position!

Almost every time, they have damaged my craft badly right at the start. Only this time, I managed

to turn the blade. But I would never decide to attack Brisfits easily. When they don't jump our flight,

I prefer to let them pass.

One day you will have an encounter with them - and you will remember my words!

So, yes - keep that tactic in mind. And aim and shoot well!

Edited by Olham

Beautiful Albatros you got there! Nice to see you ended up bagging one of those pesky Brisfits!

Forget all the other two seats you've shot down. The Bristol Fighters do what their name says:

they fight you! The come down on you, circle round you, perform hammerheads and other artistic

manoeuvers, and the pilots do all, to get their tail gunners in good firing position!

Almost every time, they have damaged my craft badly right at the start. Only this time, I managed

to turn the blade. But I would never decide to attack Brisfits easily. When they don't jump our flight,

I prefer to let them pass.

One day you will have an encounter with them - and you will remember my words!

So, yes - keep that tactic in mind. And aim and shoot well!

Atta-boy!!! Takin' one down to the ground! All the best!

OvS

BTW.. I love that skin!

Yes there are many Brisfit horror stories

Good show on that one Olham

What squad is that?

I like the colors and your skin fits right in

Thank you all!

Here is a top view of the "Bavarian Lady" for Rickitycrate.

Duce, I'm based with Jasta 34 "Bayer" at Foucaucourt-en-Santerre in May 25th 1918.

Our aces are flying the Fokker Dr.1, the others the Albatros D Va.

This "Bayern-pattern" is an own creation, made on the basis of D Va skins by Paarma.

I didn't upload it yet, as the Bayern pattern of the sides doesn't fit with the back and

belly pattern parts. This is extremely tricky to get right on an Albatros, cause the back

pattern seems to even get distorted on the 3D model.

Also, the top wing pattern is getting shown different (in the middle) than it looks in

the skin file. Very tricky.

And this is "Bayerische Weisswurst" with sweet mustard, raddish, and a large Weissbier.

We have that for second breakfast or as an afternoon snack. Hmm!!!

Edited by Olham

And this is "Bayerische Weisswurst" with sweet mustard, raddish, and a large Weissbier.

We have that for second breakfast or as an afternoon snack. Hmm!!!

And where is your aerodrome exactly, and when is snack time? A new pilot, Oberleutnant Louschmidt, will be stopping by I think. biggrin.gif

Beauty of a plane BTW Olham.

Prost!

Olt Louschmidt

...err...umm...I mean...

Cheers!

Lou

Thank you all again - I'll see, that I get this bird ready for upload soon.

If I shouldn't get the patch linking any better, I'll upload her as she is.

But I'll give it one more try.

Oh, and if you want to try Weisswurst without getting captured - you can perhaps

get it canned in good food shops. You should also get pretzels, butter and sweet

mustard. Make them hot without boiling them - otherwise they will burst.

Guten Appetit!

Edited by Olham

Duce, I'm based with Jasta 34 "Bayer" at Foucaucourt-en-Santerre in May 25th 1918.

Our aces are flying the Fokker Dr.1, the others the Albatros D Va.

This "Bayern-pattern" is an own creation, made on the basis of D Va skins by Paarma.

Weissbier und sausage!!

I'll be there toot sweet mein friend

Please have your mechanics paint up mein Fokker with 1 of those pretty patterns while we dine

I'll bring some Italian Rum Cake for dessert

Oh, and if you want to try Weisswurst without getting captured - you can perhaps

get it canned in good food shops. You should also get pretzels, butter and sweet

mustard. Make them hot without boiling them - otherwise they will burst.

Guten Appetit!

Should be no problem

Weisswurst is readily availble here in the States

At least up thisaways

I was in the Frankfurt area in 99

My company Philips was very generous with our meal budgets

Even so, I usually ended up at the local grill for the pork sausage

On a real hard roll and some mustard ...manificent!

Duce, you are more than welcome in Jasta 34b, and we'll have grilled sausages waiting.

But I'm afraid we only have three Fokker Dr.1, and they where given to the "old aces".

You would have to fly the D Va, like me. I'll soon upload her, so you can fly her then.

Ooo, Ooo, me too Olham, me too! I wanna join Jasta 34b too. Your planes and grub look much nicer than what I'm familiar with at RFC 29.

:biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, Duce & Olham - the "Weisswurst Warriors" - Lol!!

And I'm sure some more good people would join.

Yes, if it was for the good lookin', we would definitely win. :cool: