Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

A guide to using MB?

Hi,

Where can I find a basic idiot's guide to using the MB package? Does one exist?

Cheers,

Si

lol...nope,,not really...

there is the help,,(big question mark when mission builder is open),,,and ive found that the best information is at the end of the help file,,,tuturial..calias cleanup,,or something close to that...

if there is something you need assistance with,,,just ask,,,there are enough of us that have labored thru this already that can help..

only thing i can tell you now,in case you havent figured it out,,,is that you have to make your mission title in "briefing and start goals"....the mission shows up in the game how you put it in the title,,NOT the name you give it when you save it...

if you are really stumped,,there is always teamspeak...

Ay up, duck!

Thanks for that - I'll start ploughing away after I've read the endof the help thing.

Cheers,

Si

Guest British_eh

The worst of it is when you go to fly it ( demo), you have to edit the altitude of the Players plane. As I usually take about 15 hours to put together a mission, and fly it a dozen times, it is quite a pain in the bottom:heat:

Cheers,

British_eh

While waiting for P4, I figured I'd kill some time getting into using the MB. But the page that the question mark sends me to is blank. Is it old and no longer supported? Anybody ever make a hard copy?

While waiting for P4, I figured I'd kill some time getting into using the MB. But the page that the question mark sends me to is blank. Is it old and no longer supported? Anybody ever make a hard copy?

That links to a file on your computer, not something on the web, so unless you deleted the file (or folder), the info should be there.

I dont have OFF on this computer, but I do have cfs3, and its the same help file.

the location of the help file for me is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 3\mb\help\helppage.htm. So if you navigate to where you installed cfs3, and locate the helppage.htm file and open it, it will give you the tuturial. Most helpfull part for me has always been the "Tuturial: Calais Cleanup" at the end

oddly enough, I don't seem to have a 'mb' folder in my cfs3 folder. what the ...?!?! I dusted off the disks and reinstalled it, and still nothing. BUT there is a mb folder in the OFF game folder, only it opens up blank when I use Firefox. but internet explorere worked - I see words! (damn computers...!) Now to see if I can do anything with it.

Its been so long can't remeber for sure, but MB might have been an addon.

Anyways, here is a link to the page to get it from MS.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/cfs3_sdk.aspx#missionsdk

You want to get the Cfs3mb10.msi file. Once you install it, you should have a shortcut for MB in start>all programs>CFS3 Mission Builder. One big quirk about MB is that if you locate the MB.exe in explorer, and click on it, or if you try and make another shortcut using MB.exe, MB will crash. You can make a shortcut on the desktop from the intallation shortcut (if that made sense) and it will work.....