Sign in to follow this  
active

Installation problem superpatch V1.32

Hi flyers,

I've got a serious problem with the installation of the OFF P3 Superpatch V1.32. If I try to start the unpacked patch file (OverFlandersFields_Patch12V1pt32SuperPatch.exe) I get two error messages that pop up in two message fields:

"Setup cannot find your OVER FLANDERS FIELDS installation. This patch cannot be installed" and then Runtime error (at 24:454): "Patch installation cancelled. OFF installation not found."

What could be the reason. I tried to carry out the patch on a clean OFF P3 installation that runs so far. I tried a second download of the patch from a different mirror - same problem. It also doesn't work for the 1.32 minipatch. Same issue as mentioned above.

Is there anybody who can help me please?boredom.gif

Thanks

Active

im sure the exe looks for an obdsoftware directory. any chance you changed the default installationf folder to something else? (not talking about the drives..that should not make a differenct)

im sure the exe looks for an obdsoftware directory. any chance you changed the default installationf folder to something else? (not talking about the drives..that should not make a differenct)

Hi

Probably I have to try a fresh install of OFF P3. I uncompressed the patch to a folder first before installing. My current installation of OFF P3 is in a folder that is not named "OBDsoftware" (I have changed the standard installation path when I installed OFF first time). Just to change the name of the folder doesn't work for me.

Active

im pretty sure i understand what your saying, and therefore, you should just be able to point the upgrade to your install directory.... no??

Hi Uncleal and Sitting duck

Finally I unistalled my somehow screwed up installation of OFF P3 and gave it a new try. This time I didn't change the proposed path of the OFF DVD installation wizard (D:\OBDsoftware\...). It worked flawless also for both patches (super + mini V 1.32). Now I am flying up to date!

Thanks for your advices. grin.gif

Active

You can change the drive and the OBDSoftware bit, but as per the FAQ the final install folder MUST be called "CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields" inside whatever main folder you choose.

Does this patch work correctly with an old and free OFF P2 ?

I've got the same serious problem than Active.

A little help please.

Good fligh

Jbb4.

Does this patch work correctly with an old and free OFF P2 ?

I've got the same serious problem than Active.

A little help please.

Good fligh

Jbb4.

Welcome.

No it will not work with previous versions. Only with phase III.

Phase 2 is UNSUPPORTED so any patches on our website are NOT compatible with P2 or P1 in any way what so ever.