Sign in to follow this  
slight

Plausible scenarios - an excuse to make war

I see a niche and I'm creating this forum to fill it (story telling can be just as much fun as flying combat simulators) and I hope this forum can be the imagination that ignites the tech heads to build great mods that can be backed up with, and boosted by, great stories and scenarios... e.g.,

The 4th Reich is arising in the US and it threatens world peace. Canada, as it takes a huge influx of American refugees, is looking to Europe, particularly France and the UK for reassurance. The EU is about to order the confiscation of all US military assets in Europe and it set to give European based US military personnel (and their dependants) an ultimatum to either leave, join the Free American Liberation Corp, or face temporary detention.

A misguided and itchy US submarine commander is about to kick start what will be remembered as... and the skies will be filled with aircraft of all nations.

When your imagination is the tool, the sky (or cosmos) is the limit, but it's all more engrossing when it's plausible...

So there you go, you have your remit, let's see your imagination at work!

• Like 2

Guest Eject

Hi, I shall support you and others to create said scenario. It's a good one. Negative side tho, only us members and admin, and smoe guests non-members who visited this great site will be having the benefit of "what-if-ing" (a verb) next What if really occur? Just for ur info, no bragging is intended, I was a student of the international relations (equivalent to a master's degree in the USA), and in fact had been practicing in real world of it. I met so many, really nice gents and women professional in the fields, including those in the United Nations orgs. The management of international rels. had been and will always be tricky, delicate. Not very easy to handle.

Re the Fourth Reich (sorry if I misspelled it), later in about -- max od 1 hour -- I shall post a LINK or Links that will SHOCK u all! This imagination of yours is not groundless. The US admin, especially those top-brass in Pentagon, CIA and their civilian counterparts in the US Admin, chiefly those who are damn loyal to Mr. President Obama, and the upholding of the US Constitution, WE THE PEOPLE, has recently been fighting fiercely against such evil, power-hungry elements that dream of reviving the Fourth Reich! This is no lite stuff that most people, when hear it first time, will quickly roll their eyes, and arrogantly say, "U fool, Conspiracy Theorist!"

I shall just post a link or links of such issues here, especially in the Military Thread. Get ready for a shocker, later in one hour.

Btw, have u heard that just recently President Obama was about to be killed, in NEW YORK??? Yet, forces in the Admin loyal to him swiftly disabled those evil camp(s) related to the evil elements in (later, u read it by yourself) and again, very evil, highly trained ex commandos and FOREIGN intelligence of a small country that possess some 200 NUKE warheads ready for launch!

Did you heard as well that just recently, a "ghostly" small team of commandos burned to ashes one of the most tightly guarded, small military base IN RUSSIA?? The site is the place to stor TOP SECRET intelligence infos related to.... read them by yourself too, later.

It is your right to simply label me a wacko. But, please, don't. Else, you Americans will be real sorry... because those black, evil power really mean to destroy America the country that I and my family miss so much.

Most, I do not say all, repeat most MAJOR media in the US just fed us trash. Therefore, u guys never read or watch such sensitive reports!

Lastly, in the LINK later, u also will read (if it is not already spiked by such evil Nazi-related force) how both the top brass of the Russian and US intel community had been successfully recovered a NUKE in the Atlantic, stolen or hijack by these duo evil forces in the US and in that small nation. Mr. Obama had been tipped off by a tough, damn smart (and pretty folks) lady, chairwoman of the opposition camp in that "small nation". And she had been a high-level officer in the small nation's most feared intelligence org. in the world. And I believe they now read this post of mine.

C u later guys....

Fourth Reich is not a fiction man.... the joint forces of special ops in the USA and Russia also just destroyed the HQ of the alleged elements in one small country in Europe, employing a drone. It's NOT a fiction gyus. It did happened, and not a US major media covered it..... they deliberately keep most us us in the dark.

Edited by Eject

Thanks Eject, I didn’t want to dis our American friends, but the 4th Reich is a good and evil enemy and there’s plenty of sound, intellectual and educated literature to support a black (as in stealth or hidden and certainly unelected) government behind the public US administration, and a quick look into the Bush family history and the affiliations of the current California governor (who looks set to remove the “right to bear Arms”) also adds credibility to a rise of the 4th Reich in a time period after 2012, more so if the current economic climate continues…

Also it gives the opportunity to have US on US combat, and for some people who may not otherwise fly Migs or SUs to try them against F15s, F16s, F18s and F22 etc.,

To continue on my starting story and the idea of Free American Liberation Corp, which one European based US General christens FALCON and makes it his and FALCON’s personal mission to reinstate the American constitution and a government of the people, for the people, by the people (may have got this last bit mixed up somewhere but it’s an idea in it’s infancy)…

Slight, I suspect as am new to these games that SFP 1&2 are not amenable to story telling scripting and as such stories and scenarios may be limited to the space on the first flight screen of a new campaign which for 1280X1024 screen could be just 250 words = 1200 characters. Your opening 4th Reich idea has already used up half the available space!

250 words is not a lot of room to add flesh to the bones of a story, however a campaign split in parts would allow the story to twist and turn and go on to a final conclusion. This idea would require several campaigns to be linked with the choice of the next campaign depending on the result of the previous - and it would enable us to change from, say starting on the European map, to the desert/Israel map, to Nam (which can be used to simulate China, South America, etc.,) and even utilise (with permission) community maps.

Your 4th Reich scenario would probably require a European map and then a simulated US/Canada map.

Edited by antimystic

Decades of Executive Orders, unchallenge­able magisterial edicts issued from the Presidential palace, and laws such as the Patriot Act deprived US citizens of basic rights and person­al freedoms without them even noticing it. By the time the 4th Reich took hold and it's true nature was known it was too late. The massed military might and crippling new riot control weaponry (LRAD which was successfully tested on the 9/12 Chicago Tea Party riots of 2011) created enough fear to keep most US citizens in check, while the smart and prepared headed north to Canada...

1956 - As Britain and France invade the Suez, the soviets come to Egypt's defense and retaliate against the west. Or 2010, rifts between US and Israeli approaches to Iran's nuclear program result in Israeli strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities sparks a new war with the arab states, with the US drawn into the mix because of their presence in Iraq.

.....oh sorry, I thought this was supposed to be for plausible scenarios.

Guest Eject

Thanks Eject, I didn’t want to dis our American friends, but the 4th Reich is a good and evil enemy and there’s plenty of sound, intellectual and educated literature to support a black (as in stealth or hidden and certainly unelected) government behind the public US administration, and a quick look into the Bush family history and the affiliations of the current California governor (who looks set to remove the “right to bear Arms”) also adds credibility to a rise of the 4th Reich in a time period after 2012, more so if the current economic climate continues…

Also it gives the opportunity to have US on US combat, and for some people who may not otherwise fly Migs or SUs to try them against F15s, F16s, F18s and F22 etc.,

To continue on my starting story and the idea of Free American Liberation Corp, which one European based US General christens FALCON and makes it his and FALCON’s personal mission to reinstate the American constitution and a government of the people, for the people, by the people (may have got this last bit mixed up somewhere but it’s an idea in it’s infancy)…

I do not mean to drag u and others to disc the 'hidden force(s)' dark agendas mate, yet since u r serious in attempting to create such "sub-game", which is completely OK, I strongly suggest u go to the Sites I posted UNDER my (Eject's) Signiture, namely:

www.globalresearch.ca in Canada, and (tho critical thinking must be applied as most of what have been presented in the following Web, at least to me, is "incredible' altho as a former senior man who had been exposed to the United Nation global issues that not ALL here ever heard/seen being "whispered", the hot issues really hot ones in it to me cannot be lightly dismissed ---->>>

here it is, www.whatdoesitmen.com. This 2nd site seems to be located in the Mod-West USA. Btw, perhaps u also want to imagine having (in the game) a secret base in the South Pole! Do some research on it. Have u ever heard or read, that some Nazi subs had been "missing: just before Hitler's Germany was devastetad by the Allied(US) Forces? Try (Search), perhaps I mispelled, arctic beacon.

Good luck mate.

".....oh sorry, I thought this was supposed to be for plausible scenarios."

I assume that's a poor critique at the 4th Reich US scenario, which if you are a listener/viewer of Alex Jones is more probable than plausible.

It was just an idea, an educated - plausible - thought that was cast into an empty room...

An idea like Israeli strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities is a reasonable opening sentence, but US v Russian backed small nation has been done to death, and given its basis in real world current affairs it's hardly imaginative.

As to the Brit/French invasion of Suez in 56, again modelling the past is hardly imaginative, and, there are plenty of us out there in the combat sim community looking for excuses to fly 4th and 5th generation fighters and for that we need to look to the future (an Afghanistan scenario doesn't really count as the (small arms equipped) taliban are more into suicide bombing than combat aircraft).

And to others out there, I'm working on a technology to take nukes out the game and it involves the results of experiments from the Large Hadron Collider which neutralises the effects of nuclear/atomic reactions needed for nuclear/atomic detonations - hence large nations with good 4th and 5th generation technology can flight without the (otherwise inevitable) use of nukes.

The none use of nukes in games where national identities and self-determination is under threat has always annoyed me. I understand the need to not use nukes as else it would be a short and extremely devastating war. It's good to see that you are seeking to take them of out of the equation rather then pretending they don't exist or that nations don't resort to using them.

P.S. don't give up. Tom Clancy just wrote books with his ideas and now he has a large catalogue of games using his ideas.

The 1985 movie "Looking Glass" was a good scenario. The Sultan of Oman is overthrown and the Omani's block the Persian Gulf to international shipping causing a US response. What if we up-gun the scanario to where the Omani's have been taken over by a pro-Teheran regime and they work in cohoots with the Iranians to close the Hormuz Straits?

Iranian intervention in Oman is not a what if scenario. Check histroy books (or websites) about Iranian operations in Oman during the 70's.

Of course, in a "what if " scenario, one could spice up things a little.... or a lot!!