Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

In memorium-my cat Mack

Found ou my pet mack passed away today while I was in work. Sad thing was I could not be there in his dying hour. he died of kidney disease and cancer. the vets could do nothing for him other than his mouth infection which had returned. i have a feeling dry food was to blame for this, although the vet said nothing about dentla hygiene or what we shd do. A year ago he was healthy. then in september until today, hew was seiing vet but with no treatment for kidneys. he was almost 9 yrs old. Rest in peace my friend. looks like I wont be gaming for a bit. :this::salute:

post-2035-12562509285078.jpg

post-2035-12562513000856.jpg

Edited by dsawan

I feel your pain m8 just had one pass on myself my they R.I.P :salute:

We get so attached to our animals and when they are gone you feel like you lost an old friend. Dental hygiene for your animals is very important. I often wonder my wife would take the pets into the vets to get its teeth clean until she told me why. Seems that it isn't very common knowledge though. Sorry for your loss.

thx, guys. i am grieving as I write this. I feel I did not spend as much time with him as I would have liked. i work 2 jobs to make a livin. One day and one overnight for 2 days a week. i have no brothers or sisters so he was special. When I get home from work, I am always tired as I have diabetes. I felt so bad I could not play with him as much as I should have. he sinply jumped on the couch with me and slept. i hope to get a kitten this weekend and plan to ask the vet what to do about dental hygiene and if soft cat food should be the daily regimen for him/her. i suspect dry food was the culrprit in his kidney failure as I found out too late off internet that dr foods for a long time put excess precssur eon kidneys. Of course, noone says anything and i feel i got screwed without that info. well, hopefully I can get a new cat soon. i just wish i could stick to one job than have to work 2. i hate working overnights but need the money to make ends meet. again, thx. for all your sympathy.

I know just what you mean m8... and I had not heard about the dry food so I thank you for that info and please let us know what the vet says... and again sorry for your loss m8...

In my worst hours, sometimes animals were greater companions than other humans.

Animals have no second agenda, and can be missed as much as a fellow man who passes away.

I am sorry for your loss.

Muesli

Our 4th, 5th and 6th child say "woof", "miaauw" and "woof" respectively. For the rest my good friend Muesli says it all !!

Hou doe,

Derk bye.gif

I feel your pain, as you are aware I had to put Marty down last month. He was ancient compared to your Mack, but take comfort in the affection he gave you.

I'm sorry dude. I hate good things leaving, but those things happen. At least he's suffering no more from his disease. RIP, that says it all.

I feel for your loss, they are family and and friends no doubt. Our first dog Barkley passed in may. I am in Kuwait so it was tough not being there for his final day in our lives. We lost a cat years ago that suffered similar symptoms of your furry friend, all we could do is make her comfortable, til the vet threw up his hands. My wife elected to put her down, again I was at work. We talked it over, and she stayed with her until the very end. I still miss that crazy, butthole of a cat.

I know exactly how you feel, bud. A couple of years back I found an abandoned female shihtzu in the nearby Industrial Estate while working in a Security job. I phoned my partner and she came up to take it home. After taking her to the vet the next day we discovered that she was dumped for no other reason than because she was old.

We took her home, christened her 'Lady' and got her cleaned up.

post-29988-12571916746041.jpg

About a year later when she started passing blood we found out that she had bowel cancer. For the sake of saving her any more continued pain the vet suggested putting her to sleep there and then which I reluctantly agreed on. I was surprised how quickly I got attached to her, and it's only when she passed away in my arms I discovered that. At least my partner and I gave her all the TLC she deserved before she went.

Here's to Mack and Lady drinks.gif

Found ou my pet mack passed away today while I was in work. Sad thing was I could not be there in his dying hour. he died of kidney disease and cancer. the vets could do nothing for him other than his mouth infection which had returned.

Lost my dad's cat exactly a year ago for the same reason.

Was healthy and all... And in one week, passed away. I was not there and I'm still feeling so guilty. I swore, too late for him, that I will be there for my mom's one when she goes away.

Thx for the condolences. i have gottena new kitten. Femal 6mo's old. She is playful and rarely sleeps. took her to vest last week and she is healthy. i am giving her a wet food diet with tartar control kibbles and dental rinse to prevent infection. i strongly suspect dry food killed my other cat. See here:

http://www.blakkatz.com/dryfood.html

The pic attached is my new pet. She is the one on left. Meadow.

post-2035-12576921791083.jpg

Edited by dsawan

Mine ate dry food too. Canned also -he had choice between both actually-. Man, for the next one, be sure I'll be vigilant.

Thx for the condolences. i have gottena new kitten. Femal 6mo's old. She is playful and rarely sleeps. took her to vest last week and she is healthy. i am giving her a wet food diet with tartar control kibbles and dental rinse to prevent infection. i strongly suspect dry food killed my other cat. See here:

http://www.blakkatz.com/dryfood.html

The pic attached is my new pet. She is the one on left. Meadow.

Great, congrats, life is better with a cat around.......clapping.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

Great, congrats, life is better with a cat around.......

Hou doe,

Derk

I agree. Our cat Ivan (formally known as "Ivan the Terrible") is 4 now and a huge Russian Blue mix with dark blue/gray stripes. He was ferrel and mean as hell when we found him... or they say, the cats find you. I could only pick him up with thick electricians leather gloves as he would scratch and bite like a viper, hence his name.

He's a wonderful cat to my 9 year old daughter. I swear he guards her like an ancient soul would guard the Holy Grail. He sleeps with her close to her head, or wrapped in her arms like a Teddy bear. He's a real pleasure... he hates me... but that's OK. ;)

We do feed him dry food, and until we changed his diet, he was having issues. What do you guys feed your cats, especially those that have lived a long time?

I'll post a pic of him tonight.

OvS

Edited by OvS