Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

Got Soft TH to work with my Triple monitor setup!

Well after a whole ten minutes to download the latest version from SoftTH and tinkering around, my playing of OFF may never be the same!!!!

I am really in 7th heaven now! 4960x1600 resolution!!!

102220097518.jpg

102220097513.jpg

Ok i am not ashamed to admit it..

I AM SO FRAKING JELOUS OF YOU!

Well after a whole ten minutes to download the latest version from SoftTH and tinkering around, my playing of OFF may never be the same!!!!

I am really in 7th heaven now! 4960x1600 resolution!!!

Wow! awesome stuff appraiserfi! clapping.gif

Other that the SofTH and monitors, what does it take to get up and running?

Video Cards etc.?

Can the monitors be stacked vertically?

Good show M8!

Wow! awesome stuff appraiserfi! clapping.gif

Other that the SofTH and monitors, what does it take to get up and running?

Video Cards etc.?

Can the monitors be stacked vertically?

Good show M8!

Well the SoftTH software is free, so anybody with multiple monitors can try this out with OFF!

I have two 8800 ultras and with SoftTH you cant run in SLI, so I have one of the cards running the big 30" 2560x1600 and I have the other card running the 20.1" 1200x1600 sides. I am getting 20-30fps because that is alot of resolutions to push with one card, so I cannot wait until the new 5870x2 or GT300s hit the market so I can get 60fps!

I don't think you can stack the monitors horizontally, but if you were gonna do that I would say go with eyefinity and identical monitiors.

And Uncleal, look at my first picture on top of the monitor to the left...awww yess the good old blue light of visual freedom :)

Also I do have one problem now! When I wanted to quit a mission I used to hit escape and then quit out, however, now when I hit escape it only pauses the game! AltQ still works to quit out but it does not save your game progress if you do that! What can I do? What key can I hit to quit out of a mission now? It wont let me hit escape to go to that menu to even select my controls now either!!!!

Edited by appraiserfl

Just FANTASTIC!!   I am JEALOUS too!!

itifonhom

Also I do have one problem now! When I wanted to quit a mission I used to hit escape and then quit out, however, now when I hit escape it only pauses the game! AltQ still works to quit out but it does not save your game progress if you do that! What can I do? What key can I hit to quit out of a mission now? It wont let me hit escape to go to that menu to even select my controls now either!!!!

Try hitting <ESC> then clicking <End Mission> in the dropdown

Try hitting <ESC> then clicking <End Mission> in the dropdown

Lol, thats the problem! When I hit escape there is no dropdown anymore!! When I hit escape it just pauses the game as if I hit the pause key?

This really sucks, lol, currently the only way for me to end each DID campaign mission is to bail out lol

Hmmm...does softTH software use the <esc> key for something and so is in conflict?

Bottom of the Menu is Officers Mess, hit that and you will be allowed to leave. Don't know if your progress will be recorded or not. Basically don't start a mission if you know you don't have time to finish. That's the reason for quick combat which begs another question.

With VISTA . . . CFS3 QC is a big time NO-NO, you won't turn into a pumpkin at midnight. But your install of Phase III will be totally ruined by unexplainable error messages, sometimes even a Fatal Message.

The only cure is uninstall - cleanse properly - and reinstall. A lot of work for one night out, but hey . . it's your's

The Developers knew this, so it was hidden away to avoid accidental exposure.

Phase III was promised to install on Vista, and for most, it did.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

With XP . . Start OFF, go Directly to Workshop, there to find CFS3 QC along the bottom, clic on it. After some on-screen magic, the Quick Combat screen will appear, change nothing, clic on 'Go to Field'. Then put your hands in your pockets, more on-screen magic, and the Hanger Page, that looks just like Phase II. There's a Medal with a maroon ribbon on the left side of the screen.

Clic on the Medal, the Menu will slide out, you can customize your entire experience

HOWEVER: To Customize your flight to any option

Clic ON the term FLIGHT TYPE

You'll get your choice of: The Type of Action

Clic on AIRCRAFT

You can choose the Aircraft you Fly

Also the Possible Loadout

All the German Aircraft ONLY have twin MGs, except the Fokker EIII with a single gun

British and French aircraft all have rockets or bombs, some you have a choice.

There's also a Model 'T' Ford and a Moped if you get bored

Clic ON . . . LOCATION you can then choose

country of flight

area of country

airfield in area

Time of Day

Where you start

Weather

Season

Clic ON . . SKILL

skill of the enemy pilot

can the ground gunner hit an elefant or not

How will you initialy confront the enemy

Clic ON . . FIGHTER

You get to choose the type of aircraft that trys to Kill You

On the right side is HANGER . .a drop down menu, that speaks for itself

PS . . Those Rockets belong on a P47 both in accuracy and destuctive power, but they're alot of Fun jump.gifuser_online.gifreport.gif

Lots of this info is a Copy and Paste from Phase II, but most of it's correct

IF you're running XP . . . You can access controls from CFS3 QC

With Vista . . .got me by the short and curlies

yea im running vista 64 and there is no dropdown menu when I hit Esc anymore. That is the crux of the problem! The menu is gone, gone baby gone! So I am wondering if there is any other combination of keystrokes that I can hit that would bring up the menu besides escape, cause right now I got a problem...lol should change my name to Baron Von Bailout

And I have to say playing this on a HUGE triple screen setup with track IR and the logitec g940 setup is absolute bliss!!! The only thing I want now is better frame rates, but that should be coming soon with the new gfx cards hitting market!

Edited by appraiserfl

It's worth a try, it's an old CFS3 Command to Exit Mission . . . . . . Escape followed by Enter

nope, no worky... ah doesnt matter, my leading pilot just got captured.... 19 confirmed kills, two iron crosses and the holzen (sp?) and 6-1/2 hours of flying time. He was the scourge of be-2cs and now hes having tea and biscuits until 1918.. well at least he didn't die and can maybe still have that barnstorming career and carousing later on after all... couldnt have hoped for a better ending besides more glory of course.

WOW!

appraiserfl, I will definitely have to add this to my ever lengthening "Someday" list. Very neat.

Cheers!

Lou

I posted this about a month ago in General Help, in answer to a chap who had just lost his Top Pilot to become a P.O.W.

You can eliminate that bit of nastiness, and always escape the POW camp. By selecting Pilot NEVER Dies, in Workshop. However you MUST volutarily Retire your pilot when the time in Hospital exceeds 24 Days

Example: Make a forced landing over enemy territory, 17 Days between the sheets, then escape the camp over the weekend.

However, you get shot down in a ball of flame, from 9,000. That's 27 Days in Hospital . . . . . . . . . .Instant RETIREMENT.

Granted it won't do much for your DiD numbers, but are you playing for enjoyment, or to impress somebody

I got the bezel managment situation worked out, so here is another screenie...its a little blurry (taken with my cell phone lol)

102320097528.jpg

102320097530.jpg

Edited by appraiserfl

Very well done, appraiser. I congratulate you on your effort!

Now, to further optimize it:

- as uncleal said, drag the HUD elements to the corners of the screen(s)

- adjust the color hue/tint of the central screen. It does not match the two others.

What model/make are the two outer screens? They have a very nice thin bezel.

Cheers,

tom

Very well done, appraiser. I congratulate you on your effort!

Now, to further optimize it:

- as uncleal said, drag the HUD elements to the corners of the screen(s)

- adjust the color hue/tint of the central screen. It does not match the two others.

What model/make are the two outer screens? They have a very nice thin bezel.

Cheers,

tom

The hud elements are not dragging, yea the middle three, but the radar and other text wont move.

The side screens are dell 20.1" 2007fp rotated to portrait mode to match the resolution of the 30" so I have 1200x1600 2560x1600 1200x1600 for a total of 4560x1600.

The center is a gatewayxhd3000 which is a TN panel and the dells are IPS panes, so your not going to get color match plus for whatever reason, my gateway is not letting me adjust colors at all, which is very strange. The difference doesnt really bother me and it does not look as different in person that it does in photos.

ok I see. A very impressive setup you do have here, sir! Especially the 1600px vertical are very nice to have.

What graphics cards do you use? I understand that with Soft TH, one (high performance) card does the rendering, and the others (two?) drive the additional displays?

Cheers,

tom

ok I see. A very impressive setup you do have here, sir! Especially the 1600px vertical are very nice to have.

What graphics cards do you use? I understand that with Soft TH, one (high performance) card does the rendering, and the others (two?) drive the additional displays?

Cheers,

tom

I am running two 8800ultras in SLI, however, SOftTH does not use SLI, so I have card one feeding the big 30" and the second card feeding the 20"s

I was gettin round 50fps with just the 30" @ 2560x1600 with sli and now Im gettin round 24fps with all three monitors @ 4960x1600

I am curious, IF I get the ATI 5870x2 when it comes out, can I still keep one of my ultras in the case to work as the needed second monitor or will I need to buy a second ATI graphics card?

I am running a 750i FTW evga mobo and Vista ultimate 64! Maybe I will have to get windows 7