Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

Modern Warfare 2 Specs Released

GameStop.com has put in their extended info about the PC Version of Modern Warfare 2, the minimum system requirements for the game.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Hard Drive Space : 16 GB free hard drive space

Operating System : Windows® Vista/XP

Processor : AMD 64 3200+ or Intel Pentium® 4 3.0GHz or better

RAM : 512 MB RAM (XP) / 1 GB RAM (VISTA)

Video Card : Shader 3.0 or better 256 MB nVidia® GeForce™ 6600GT / ATI® Radeon™ 1600XT or better

Note: Not very hardcore specs even at that level.

Cheers,

Acidrain

For a console ported game you can't expect to much, I want expecting to much more than what Modren W@W spec's was set at.....CHEERS

Didn't they keep the specs low for a reason with the first one too? Something about making it easy for people with lower spec machines to run it. Makes sense. The bottom line is about getting the bestest to the mostest these days. If they produced a game that requires a totally pimp machine, a significant number of sales could be lost.

Hey Acid, you have any info on weapons used in the game? I've seen a bunch from a few youtube videos, and there seems to be a mostly ultra new feel about them, to me at least. I'm kinda hoping they don't. I like my M-4s, AK-74s, MP-5s, M-14/21s (especially with the SOPMOD). I wanna see them come back!

LOL, yeah, sure, I buy that... :rolleyes: More like they weren't willing to spend more on a console port to up the detail level. This is another way of saying while it may rock on the 360, don't expect much on a PC beyond something that looks 2 years old!

Makes sense in a bit of a GTA IV kinda way. Even with a completely pimped system, Saint's 2 and GTA IV will run like a dog on PC, so sales won't be as high as the console versions. It makes sense that they could get away with not having a cutting edge, state of the art engine when they'll still get huge sales from the brand alone, maximising their sales to cash-strapped kiddies and their struggling, dated hardware. And COD 4 isn't that dated anyways (yeah, I know it's 2 years old dude! :smile: ), I mean it doesn't look as dated as GTA III does to IV... or even SA for that matter. Left 4 Dead was (again, allegedly) produced to run as favourably as possible in regards to older systems.

Well after reading that bulls**t. I am not getting. What a cluster f***. They chopped it to pieces. Man i was looking forward to this big time. Guess I will be getting something else.

Foxtrot this sierra. Guess I won't be buying this version of the game. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

They're releasing the PC version a couple weeks later than the console versions because of piracy. So I did some checking....................Let's just say that should you be inclined it's available. I find it funny that PC gamers get blamed for piracy when it's every bit as rampant for the console crowd. Typically console gamers are younger but they own computers. And have broadband. Fact is you can't stop piracy but you can put a damper on it by requiring a CD key and online registration ala Steam.

Jesus... what a complete cock up! A direct console port with barely a few necessities for PC play and sweet f**k all for modding amd community play... And did I read right? There's no leaning?? WTF?? Sorry, I may seem slow, but exactly what, in all of this, actually improves on COD 4?

I'm getting two distinct vibes here: It's as though IW have let the success of the last game go to their heads, and that it gives me the impression of a kid who's left a school assignment to the last minute and has cut corners and rushed it to get it in.

It's gotta be released for Christmas, so that explains the rush. Kids don't care that IW doesn't care about the consumer. They see the cool videos and say "mommy, I want that one for X-mas". A disclaimer: I know there are a lot of you that game that don't live at home so relax. :) But the fact is that these games are being marketed to teenagers first, young adults second and then the rest of us.

They're releasing the PC version a couple weeks later than the console versions because of piracy. So I did some checking....................Let's just say that should you be inclined it's available. I find it funny that PC gamers get blamed for piracy when it's every bit as rampant for the console crowd. Typically console gamers are younger but they own computers. And have broadband. Fact is you can't stop piracy but you can put a damper on it by requiring a CD key and online registration ala Steam.

PC version comes out today just like all the other versions...

I just picked it up for the 360... man it is good on the xbox atleast but what they are doing to the PC version sux

Yeah... this getting my arse shot off every time I break cover to take a shot is getting to be a pain in the arse. I mean, if only there was some way I could keep most of myself covered, but only expose a enough of me to take the shot... Hmmmmmm. Like some kind of lean...

...nah, that's just crazy talk.

Edited by Say What?!

I went ahead and got it (the PC version) after flip flopping about it and its fun as hell. Not as good as COD4 but very close. Love the fire fights. MP match making system is not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I like that they've included a complete shirtload of new weapons and addons. I'm really digging the modernised AK and the FN FAL.

Modernized AK? Which one is that? An updated 47, a 74, or a 107?

it looks like a composit 47... duno why they haven't done the 74 yet...

but I do like the Famas only bad part of it is the 3 round burst

Modernized AK? Which one is that? An updated 47, a 74, or a 107?

The 47 with the picatinny rails, ACOG scopes and the other trimmings. Haven't seen the 74SU yet. :sad:

Good to see the ACOG scope is much easier to use. The ones in 4 made the weapons almost impossible to aim for me. Aiming down the barrel made it look like I had parkinson's in multi.

I prefer the Vector with any sight, very controllable and yadda yadda, but the game is a blast man, so I grab anything...

Hrntfixr and I did some Spec Ops missions last night. talk about a blast, literally.

I LOVE the one with the BIG booms lol I won't give it away but thous who have played that spec ops mission will know :yes: :drinks: