Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Volunteers needed for DiD campaign.

FA-A250 has taken the coup of First Blood upon the enemy! Ther rest may come out in the press later....but for now my mates in the most esteemed squadron will be the first to know the details. My gunner and I could not wait for our planes to be painted, we had to go up. But a squad of enemy machines came to us instead and we downed three in the scramble. Though as of yet unconfirmed, we are very happy withthe outcome.

ZZ.

Ahem,,....Argus Starke, Leutnant FA-A250.

You can wake up from your dream, now, Leutnant Starke.. "Wake up now. Wake up. You were just dreaming again," like I used to wake a dreaming daughter. (As the staffelfuerher shakes the young Leutnant from his dream) rofl.gif

Thanks to CH's sagely advice I got my Sqn roster page up and running now. Looks like I'm wingin up with you Ras. Salute.gif

Still need to updated RedDog, Hog and CV's DiD avatar sqn names. But otherwise all set.

Edited by Macklroy

Thanks to CH's sagely advice I got my Sqn roster page up and running now. Looks like I'm wingin up with you Ras. Salute.gif

Still need to updated RedDog, Hog and CV's DiD avatar sqn names. But otherwise all set.

Thats cool, I hang on to your wing tighter than a you know what! I must have missed how this is done. Will look back for the instructions.

Please be aware, the game's campaign may miss Oct 31st. I don't know if this was just my campaign missing a day because of bad weather or something, or it's an engine/OFF-campaign limitation, but either way there may be no DiD flying available for saturday (certainly isn't for me at least).

Would greatly appreciate it if one of you would save your missions after you fly them, so as to give the mp community an oppertunity to fly them with you.

after you fly your mission, it is saved to your missions\historical folder as OFF_Camp_mission.xml. Keep in mind, this file is written over when you start a new mission, so it has to be renamed every time so as to save it.

Suggest a file id that indicats date and time of the mission flown.

Not sure if we would need a mission from axis and allied, but if we could get one from both probably would be good.

clapping.gif You guys just amaze me with the wealth of information and work thats put into this forum. Awsome.pilot.gif

DON't MAKE THE MISTAKE that I did. I had flown a successful mission that started yesterday. Then I decided to go in and put in the names of my squadron mates (Creaghorns suggestion, that Macklroy pointed me too) and I was careless. I saved the info and went back to fly today and everything was messed up. I received pilot error messages and etc. I come to find out that I did not realize there was a semi-colon or whatever it is called between the first and last names of the pilot. In meantime I had to delete all of my pilots in the workshop. The bad part of this is two fold. One I have to start over, and thus I am going to wait until the date that I get the Strutter 1 1/2 so that I have a gunner...but more important I had kept my best pilots which most were deceased or in captivity and lost all of them. So the war goes on.

Ras, entering the names of your squadmates can be a tricky business. I tried to follow instructions and had a devil of a time. I finally figured a few things out on my own and got everything to my liking now. Next time don't fly missions until you are happy with your setup. I had been getting all kinds of terrible messages to reinstall, delete all pilots, can't load maps etc. It was my worst fear as I had trepidation about doing these changes in a perfectly functioning sim as the devs had made. You see I am new to this although it may seem elementary to many. I did not have to reinstall anything and only deleted the pilot I was messing aound with and tried again until I got it sorted. The main thing causing me trouble was, if you have a modified roster and you have a different number of pilots than the original roster you need to also change the third line down after the list of pilots or N/A's to reflect the number of actual pilots. If you have 14 named pilots and 2 N/A's then that third numerical line should be 14. If 16 named pilots then the line should read 16. If 11 then 11. I think the total number of pilots named and N/A combined needs to total 16. I found this to be the case for me. If this is bad information let me know and I will remove this post to not confuse anybody.

Ras, entering the names of your squadmates can be a tricky business. I tried to follow instructions and had a devil of a time. I finally figured a few things out on my own and got everything to my liking now. Next time don't fly missions until you are happy with your setup. I had been getting all kinds of terrible messages to reinstall, delete all pilots, can't load maps etc. It was my worst fear as I had trepidation about doing these changes in a perfectly functioning sim as the devs had made. You see I am new to this although it may seem elementary to many. I did not have to reinstall anything and only deleted the pilot I was messing aound with and tried again until I got it sorted. The main thing causing me trouble was, if you have a modified roster and you have a different number of pilots than the original roster you need to also change the third line down after the list of pilots or N/A's to reflect the number of actual pilots. If you have 14 named pilots and 2 N/A's then that third numerical line should be 14. If 16 named pilots then the line should read 16. If 11 then 11. I think the total number of pilots named and N/A combined needs to total 16. I found this to be the case for me. If this is bad information let me know and I will remove this post to not confuse anybody.

Thanks, Rickity. For now I am going to leave this alone, or at least try it on a different pilot. Luckily I had only flown one mission, but it was still one. Wish I would have just deleted the one pilot, but oh well, live and learn

I had the same trouble. Fortunately, I had made a backup of the dossier file, so restoring it solved the trouble and saved my info.

I'm just leaving well enough alone too.

Well looks like things are getting underway. I'm not going to start until I receive my Trackir which is scheduled to arrive today. I'm sure I'm going to need a day or two to get is set up and working as I want so it may be a couple of days before my first sortie. Olhman has created a single thread for the Hun to post their reports to, have we done the same for our side and if so could someone link it please. While it seems most of us have created a custom skin for their plane, I've never bothered to learn how. If anyone would be willing to create one for me I'd sure appreciate it.

Scott "Hoghead" Dean

Sorry to hear that about the file change problems.

Maybe Creaghorn and I expected you to know about some basic things, which you didn't know.

When you change the names, you must:

- save a copy of that whole pilot file, so you could replace it later in case of problems

- keep the same typestyle and size

- replace the SAME amount of pilots

- keep all the semicolons, where they where before

Most important: whenever you change anything - make a safety copy before!

Sorry to hear that about the file change problems.

Maybe Creaghorn and I expected you to know about some basic things, which you didn't know.

When you change the names, you must:

- save a copy of that whole pilot file, so you could replace it later in case of problems

- keep the same typestyle and size

- replace the SAME amount of pilots

- keep all the semicolons, where they where before

Most important: whenever you change anything - make a safety copy before!

Yes sir, thanks for the tips. I'll give it another try if it looks like I might live thru the week crazy.gif

Hi Siggi... Yeah, would love to jump on board..just too busy to fly at the moment.

Hey, Widowmaker - I'd love to see you on board.

If you could make it any time after finishing the worst work?

We don't have to fly every day, nor even a ceratin amount of hours per month.

You fly as you can. You only have to do your 17 hours on a Strutter, or 5 kills on it;

and then you change over to a fighter unit with the boys.

When you fly those hours, is your decision.

You just press "advance time" to catch up with the current date, cause we all fly

sorties on the corresponding day in 1916.

If you die or get caught, you have to start in the Strutter again.

Your country needs you! :clapping: