Sign in to follow this  
Muesli

"You're not cool!" blog

Um you guys misread. FC doesn't have F-4 Phantom time.

This is a comparison to F4 (Falcon 4.0) not the F-4 jet. He is saying that:

That is what he is saying.

Hey, I'm a sim pilot and by FC's definition, not cool.

Of course you aren´t. You´ve never been in the U-2s, wich weren´t there really, either.

Edited by macelena

Hello all ,

Well i think in every job in this world you get people who although have an interest in what you do dont actually know how to do it . This goes for people pretending to be ex military ........usually failed to get in or in training , or arm chair pilots who wanna be pilots and even emergency services . Many years ago in the UK a man had a motor cycle paramedics uniform complete with bike and equipment all bought by him , he used to turn up to RTC's Road traffic collisions . And although you might think this is against the law its not as he never touched a casualty or administered mediacl aid . The freak did this for quite a while , why id dont know? . I myself was at an airshow when i was in the RAF and just to show its not just pilots who get stupid questions from the public . We were at Liecester Air show as fire cover for the air show , and also we'd show interested people around our fire engines . One man came up to me and said your from RAF Cranwell .....reply no im from RAF Wittering ......his reply well your fire truck is from RAF Cranwell ....my repy no is definetly from RAF Wittering trust me i just drove it from there ........his reply no its from Cranwell etc this went on for a bit when finally i got frustrated and said to him ....okay your right we nicked it from RAF Cranwell as our Fire truck broke down on the way but please dont tell them !!!! .......he left at that lol . Also you tend to get people tell you how things work on the fire truck when showing them around , my reaction to this is yes your right and eventually they leave , argue and they stay longer .

I like to walk up, peer into the cockpit, turn around and ask em, "Where do you put the quarters in?", while digging through my pocket change. Or say somethin like "I flew this in FS98, I bet I could do it for real, lets go!"

BTW, yes, I am cool, just because, grin.gif

Well, sir, you aren't cool...

...if you tell an F-16 pilot how his plane flies based solely flying a PC flight simulator. As I stated in my blog post.

Now, on the other hand, if you personally can chat with a Deuce pilot about what he does nowadays, I'm pretty sure you have some credibility there.

But far be it from me for a Major to advise a Colonel on what he did or did not say...

:biggrin:

FC

Edited by FastCargo

Well, sir, you aren't cool...

...if you tell an F-16 pilot how his plane flies based solely flying a PC flight simulator. As I stated in my blog post.

Now, on the other hand, if you personally can chat with a Deuce pilot about what he does nowadays, I'm pretty sure you have some credibility there.

But far be it from me for a Major to advise a Colonel on what he did or did not say...

FC

Only that I'm a mister now. Haven't been a Colonel for years now......

Bye the way, I can tell an F-16 driver how to fly his jet (pull on the stick and the houses get smaller, push on the stick and the houses get bigger, push on the stick and the go-faster lever and the houses get bigger faster). However, you know that you cannot tell a F-16 jock much since they are the Masters of the Universe.............

Jug

Old attack pilot saying:"You can always tell a fighter pilot,but you can't tell him much!

The "can" in the old C-117 (military version Super DC-3) was clear in the tail.

I got blessed to fly it after my return from WesPac. I had a ball!!

The PIC would usually try to float you off your feet(slight negative "G") while you were trying to relieve yourself. :yikes: One hand on your equipment,the other on the roof of the aircraft to keep you in place.

I would have went in my flight suit before I would have to "sit down". Fortunately that did not happen.