Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

For attn of the devs.

I've just noticed that my enlisted bomber-pilot in 3rd Wing RNAS shows up as a fighter pilot in both QC and campaign mode. This appears to be affecting the type of missions, as the first campaign-mission was a 'Lone Wolf' sortie.

Is this easily fixable or should us DiD chaps find a new unit?

I've just noticed that my enlisted bomber-pilot in 3rd Wing RNAS shows up as a fighter pilot in both QC and campaign mode. This appears to be affecting the type of missions, as the first campaign-mission was a 'Lone Wolf' sortie.

Is this easily fixable or should us DiD chaps find a new unit?

Shredward will need to confirm but as I understand it the squadron changed to a 'Fighter unit' when they received Pups......so you will see this change from Bomber role to Fighter role as you scroll through the squad by date.

We will decide on a course of action for the upcoming addon and P4 on this..... as for those lone wolf missions you eventually will receive the 'alternate' pup craft but that has not been implemented asof yet in OFF.

HTH

WM

The problem is the Wing was a multi role unit, employing bombers and fighters - single-seater bombers and two seater fighters, often on the same mission. We had to label it as a fighter unit to give it the needed flexibility to handle both roles - a compromise that leaves a bit to be desired. If we can find a way to remedy it in the future, we will, and we do have some ideas.

Cheers,

shredward

Thanks chaps. We'll have to re-assign then, I don't think the Strutters are carrying any bombs in fighter-mode.

Or maybe not. Is there a way to change the starting date with a unit by editing a file? RFC-25 is the only other viable candidate but the closest I can get it to a start-date of nov 1916 is april 1916, and using the time-advance button to go through seven months is a hell of a chore.

Or maybe not. Is there a way to change the starting date with a unit by editing a file? RFC-25 is the only other viable candidate but the closest I can get it to a start-date of nov 1916 is april 1916, and using the time-advance button to go through seven months is a hell of a chore.

Siggi, No. 2 RNAS (bomber sqn) starts on Nov 5th with Strutter 1.5s. That could be an option.

Edited by Macklroy

Thanks Mack, I'd discounted those without checking, assuming they'd have the same issue. 2-RNAS it is then. :good:

Edited by Siggi

(that's no fraternisation or how is it spelled!)

if you find an apropriate squadron it's easy to jump to the date you wish without advance time. just go into the pilot folder and open the apropriate pilotdossier. right at the top you have the current date and date of entlistment. you can start a campaign for instance in october 1916, then open the file and change the current date into 5th of november and save. when you go back into your campaign the date is the one you have changed

(that's no fraternisation or how is it spelled!)

if you find an apropriate squadron it's easy to jump to the date you wish without advance time. just go into the pilot folder and open the apropriate pilotdossier. right at the top you have the current date and date of entlistment. you can start a campaign for instance in october 1916, then open the file and change the current date into 5th of november and save. when you go back into your campaign the date is the one you have changed

Excellent, thanks Creag.

In that case it's 2-RNAS with Strutters or RFC-25 with Fe2s.