Sign in to follow this  
Squiffy

Runway, Taxiway upgrade

Hi gang,

I discovered that it's easy to increase the resolution for terrain tiles in airfields. Just increase the file size to 512 or 1024 in an editor with a descent scale plugin. My taxiways a real sharp now, nice detail even at low detail setting in options. No frame hit on a 512 card. Taxiways are 256 so stretch to 512. Runways are 512 so stretch to 1024. That didn't look as good but it may just be the detail settings and my option tweaks. Any comments? I just bought the sim last weekend. Enjoying it now that my deadzone is set properly.

Nice! What are your graphics settings there?

Nice! What are your graphics settings there?

LOL....hat's not a stock install. Those are JSF Aggie's runway textures, Brain32's Vietnam terrain, Stary's Green Hell 2 mod, and my own custom environment mod. Otherwise, everything graphics related is set to unlimited, except the horizon distance.

OK maybe I had a collossal brain fart and haven't seen the uploads or threads yet. Those are very nice. Usually I can run hi res tiles, low scene density on my older rig. Not sure how to work that out with the environment settings like verticies and such. Also I want better clouds. Mine look kind of cheesy but not bad. I would like larger scale. I'll look for those mods if they're posted. So much to do! Just splashed another Fishbed. Dang that's fun... BANG You got him!

LOL....hat's not a stock install. Those are JSF Aggie's runway textures, Brain32's Vietnam terrain, Stary's Green Hell 2 mod, and my own custom environment mod. Otherwise, everything graphics related is set to unlimited, except the horizon distance.

Sorry, but I don't find "Brain32's Vietnam terrain"!! blink.gif

Please, can you tell me kindly the link, for download it?? this.gif

Thanks in advance!! good.gif

Sorry, but I don't find "Brain32's Vietnam terrain"!! blink.gif

Please, can you tell me kindly the link, for download it?? this.gif

Thanks in advance!! good.gif

its in tiles secction

its in tiles secction

I see!!! good.gif

Thank you very much!!! Salute.gif

Guest Eject

I see!!! good.gif

Search Hi-Res Runway in the DL section. very good, I copy paste it in all my terrains, even the Krean, India, etc. U cn downsixe it if your machine cannot handle hi res tho. Read the Read Me

Search Hi-Res Runway in the DL section. very good, I copy paste it in all my terrains, even the Krean, India, etc. U cn downsixe it if your machine cannot handle hi res tho. Read the Read Me