Sign in to follow this  
Squiffy

F-15A nosewheel steering

Ok, current issue is nosewheel steering on F-15A. Does it really skid over 7 mph? I've tweaked the ini file for max speed, roll coef., and control rate but no joy. Please help.

And F-15A center of gravity is way too back, now you can keep nose wheel up when landing..even at 0kts :rofl:

Sounds as if both of you have an obsolete FM. Patching/Upgrading is responsible for that, if you had the "old" FM in your mod folder.

Sounds as if both of you have an obsolete FM. Patching/Upgrading is responsible for that, if you had the "old" FM in your mod folder.

I have SF2E vanilla and SF2 + SF2V + SF2E + SF2I merged install's , and F15A center of gravity is weird in both :blink:

I must take screen shot next time and post it to the thirdwire forums.

Thanks guys. I am patched in SF2 to the June 09 download. I notice the F-15 does sit nose high on landing for quite a long time and no back pressure on stick. Does FM effect ground handling? I have pounded every variable under nosewheel and no luck. Now I havent' read all the KB yet but do I need folder structure or will droppingn the f-15A.ini in Objects folder be fine? I've tried both but maybe the version is still a problem. I just want a stickier crisper nosewheel steering for highly immersive taxiing. (Notes are scarce on SF2. All the biz about the Mission editor may be SOL. I would love a better Instantaction file for practice.)

The F-15 actually has quite a bit of nose high authority in landing. You can keep the nose wheel airborne below 60 knots.

FC

OK I can see that with its lifting area..but please lets stay on topic. Furbar did you mean the patch "fixes" this problem or the patch "causes" this problem of weak nosewheel steering? I bought this via DL so maybe it doesn't need the patch? Somehow I figured I needed to add it, probably from the knowledgebase and standard operating procedure. Still... how does weak nosewheel steering happen and how do I fix it? 7kts and less seems ok but I know it can handle more than that. What the hell is the 45 m/s figure doing in there anyway!

heat.gif

Do I need to place the file somewhere else? How about the mydocs fies under XP? i see aircraft files over there but they are not data files. My searchinf of the site and kb for "nose wheel" or taxiing has not produced anything.