Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

We're gonna need a bigger boat

Hmmm wonder if it could have been a mega-mouth or even dare I say... a Megaladon?

Hmm..... only 20 foot??? Sounds like a juvenile Meg. They must have learned how to transit from the bottom of the Marianas Trench to shallower waters. (yes, I've read all the Steve Alten books)

or a Liopleurodon.....

wrench

kevin stein

Hmm...Sounds like Chuck Norris in a Shark suit for his new movie.

Largest Great White caught off of Montauk Point, Long Island, NY was around 25-26 feet long. They do get to be that big up here, so I don't know what the hub-bub is. Although I wouldn't want to face one at all... no matter what size they are.

This looks like a larger Great White tagging a juvenile. It does happen now and then.

OvS

Well, this should be interesting as im going camping there, and i go to main beach almost every weekend. Ill keep an eye out

However scary a shark that size must be (and I'm not going looking for it), it's more relevant to point out that sharks are getting hunted down to extinction. At which point, no more scary stories - go and check it out in a museum. We should actually be doing an awful lot to protect sharks and their habitats, so I always get a bit pissed off when I see stories like this that promote the maneater thing.

Still, when they're gone we can move onto man eating slugs.

However scary a shark that size must be (and I'm not going looking for it), it's more relevant to point out that sharks are getting hunted down to extinction. At which point, no more scary stories - go and check it out in a museum. We should actually be doing an awful lot to protect sharks and their habitats, so I always get a bit pissed off when I see stories like this that promote the maneater thing.

Still, when they're gone we can move onto man eating slugs.

Sportfisherman here in the 'States have been promoting tag and release for sharks since the 1980s. And BTW, Large Bull, Tiger, and White sharks are documented man-eaters. When you enter the water, you simply become part of the food chain. The book and film Jaws was loosely based on an actual series of shark attacks that took place in NJ during the Summer of 1916 (despite later retractions by Peter Benchley).

Well, the sharks don't have the ability to exterminate the whole human population (the only flaw in their evolution), so wiping them out isn't quite fair. :dntknw:

when they're gone we can move onto man eating slugs.

I'm not sure the switch to lawyers and politicians will come right after sharks.

Guys, relax. Nicole Kidman's summer home isn't too far from where this was discovered and the locals are only too aware of how hungry she can get sometimes while swimming... It's part of the environmental policy we have for the region, by letting her swim there, we keep the numbers of Sharks and Megalodons down, thus preventing situations such as: