Sign in to follow this  
Ruggbutt

CH Products Announces Military Grade Controllers

NEW MILITARY-GRADE CONTROLLERS SHOWCASED AT I/ITSEC 2009

CH Products presents new Military Desktop Training Solutions

VISTA, California (October 28, 2009) – CH Products, LLC (www.chproducts.com) today announces new High Fidelity Controllers for Military Desktop Simulation applications. Products in development for winter 2009 include the A-10C HOTAS and Reaper GCS Console.

The A-10C HOTAS offers a one-for one split throttle and stick. The Reaper GCS Console is an all inclusive, affordable desktop training simulator and is designed to meet the training needs of the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security.

Both high fidelity solutions feature industrial grade components, driverless USB connectivity, and award-winning reliability. CH Products can meet or exceed your expectations in Cost, Schedule and Performance.

CH Products is proud to demonstrate, along with The Fighter Collection’s A-10C version of "The Battle Simulator", at the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (http://www.iitsec.org/) in Orlando, Florida from Nov 30 – Dec 03, 2009. BOOTH 2819.

Edited 11/02/09

Quoting Revvin from the CH-Hangar:

I've spoken to Debby today as there has been a large amount of interest in the announcement I posted recently. I can confirm that an A-10C HOTAS is on their roadmap for a consumer release but there is no date set as yet. With a project as big as this - a completely new one-for-one, military-style HOTAS and a ground control station for the Reaper system - the design, the development time and tooling costs are very high and this is why it is not being introduced as a consumer product first. Remember CH Products still does all this in-house in the US and does not outsource to sub-contractors half way around the world. There are no plans as yet for a consumer version of the Reaper system as apart from support by Abacus there is no real demand from software for it.

I'll try and bring you more details as and when I can but suffice to say any new HOTAS from CH Products will not only have the same unrivalled build quality and support it will have also have support from the industry leading Control Manager software.

Edited by Ruggbutt
New Info

If goverment is buying it, you don't want to see the price tag.

I was told it would be pricey. Then again so is the new Saitek X-65. I'll have more info after I get a chance to interview Debby from CH.

Yes, more information would be good but I expect they are out of my price range.

That being said, I ALREADY have a good CH HOTAS setup and as long as they seem to last I won't be in the market for new equipment for a LONG time. :)

The upside is that if they can use some of this money for further R&D I only see their products getting better.

CH Products can meet or exceed your expectations in Cost

Uh, does that mean however expensive I expect it to be, they're going to blow way past that??!? :blink:

Uh, does that mean however expensive I expect it to be, they're going to blow way past that??!? :blink:

Are there pictures of these new setups? Do they offer force feedback? I dumped my CH stuff for the new logitec G940 and have never been happier, but I am curious to see if CH can match the g940!

I think it is safe to say that HOTAS setups have a lot of features and that no two people will ever agree on what the best feature set should be or which model available on the market meets their requirements best. About the only thing that I think the majority of high-end HOTAS owners might be able to agree on is that CH has the highest quality product backed with excellent customer support. But, to date, the first and only decent HOTAS with force feedback is the Logitech G940. Combined with the split throttle and assuming the quality of the product is acceptable, Logitech deserves and will get a bunch of new customers who already had CH or other competing products. I am not surprised to see RuggButt say he went back to CH after getting the Logitech, though. If you like the feel and functionality of CH a whole lot, force feedback and a split throttle isn't enough to justify switching. I like my X-52 Pro a lot as it is a product improved version of my still functional and much loved X-36. I know a lot of people can't stand Saitek and have had terrible experiences with their quality and support, but that hasn't been my experience. I would like to try a Logitech G940 in person before deciding to replace a stick that is already working perfectly and whose layout and button programming I have been using since August of 2000 (when I got my X-36). But, if I were going to get a new stick, the G940 is the best candidate for me. It has a lot in common with the Saitek X-52 Pro plus force feedback. The new Saitek stick with its rigid strain gauge sensor has no appeal to me whatsoever. So, I know for sure my next stick won't be a Saitek despite 9 years of enjoying my X-36 USB, X-45, and X-52 Pro. Despite all the positive things offered by CH, I just don't like the look, feel, or layout of their HOTAS, especially the throttle. If the pricing of their new military grade A-10 HOTAS isn't too unreasonable, they might actually sell me a stick. But the force feedback and similarity in layout to the Saitek still makes the G940 much more appealing to me.

I updated the news story in the first thread. Now there's something to really get excited about. CH isn't down and out and neither are us consumers. Looks like there's going to be plenty of choices vying for our dollar.

So, they're making a stick for DCS A-10? :blink:

The Battle Simulator's A10C sim is the one that was made for the military. They're making an A10C HOTAS (military grade) and showcasing it with that sim. They're also going to do a commercial A10C HOTAS for flight sim enthusiasts.

Edited by Ruggbutt

The Battle Simulator's A10C sim is the one that was made for the military. They're making an A10C HOTAS (military grade) and showcasing it with that sim. They're also going to do a commercial A10C HOTAS for flight sim enthusiasts.

woah woah woah, are they ever gonna sell the Battle Simulator A10C game? I miss my a10 tank killer!

No they aren't. Although Eagle Dynamics will be releasing an A10C sim.

No they aren't. Although Eagle Dynamics will be releasing an A10C sim.

very good news indeed, a10 tank killer, red baron and aces over the pacific stole half of my childhood lol

Before anyone gets too carried away the image is using renders of the HOTAS which will be shown to military contractors at this years IITSEC event.