Sign in to follow this  

I'm assuming that the counters would be a sub hierarchy under WEAPON_STATION_SELECTOR.

Are they not showing up at all? Or just not counting?

I've noticed some of the counters still don't work (chaff and flare) so maybe they aren't activated yet?

FC

PS Wait, I just noticed in the F-15C, I used WEAPON_QUANTITY as a 'cover' to 'blank out' a station once the weapons were gone...so it at least works as a LIGHT.

Edited by FastCargo

Just caught up with the thread, looks like it's coming along very nicely! :good:

I have been out of Strike Fighters for a number of years - migrated to Lomac and FSX for a while. However this aircraft piqued my interest to the level that I just purchased WOI 2 in anticipation of this release. Any updates?

I have been out of Strike Fighters for a number of years - migrated to Lomac and FSX for a while. However this aircraft piqued my interest to the level that I just purchased WOI 2 in anticipation of this release. Any updates?

I've sent Julhelm a Beta FM, that needs some minor fine tuning. The only holdups are (as always), are those related to real life responsibilities and activities .

Thank you for the update Fubar. Looking forward to this release once those pesky real life issues get out of the way ;)

Beta testing still underway....here's a video of the AFX performing the "Cat Flip" :grin:

AFX-Beta.wmv

I just played with the beta for the first time today (yes, am very late to the party lol). It's awesome! Looks like it's basically complete too, though there is an odd rolling tendency (and the animation on the spoilers is off), but I'm sure you're well past those and then some.

I mean no pressure in the least, I'm just excited and interested.... any status updates? (any chance of an updated beta for us 'Cat fanatics?)

good.gif

I'm guessing the ol' one you released some time ago...

I'm guessing the ol' one you released some time ago...

Yes, from 2008 IIRC. It's in the download section here.

Oh right, yeah. This new one has is completely unrelated to that old one.

Well, I guess I should put my money were my mouth is and just show some pics of the thing in its current state:

post-9221-1270461723681.jpg

post-9221-12704617057707.jpg

post-9221-12704617403062.jpg

post-9221-12704618069858.jpg

So as you can see it has zero commonality with the old one.

Edited by Julhelm

Yeah, yeah, what Marfor said!

:yikes:

That will fit very nicely into the modern campaigns I've been flying for the last few months.

VERY nicely!

:salute:

Is the Air Force going to get a little love, or is this a Navy show?

Edited by Spectre_USA

As we wait anxiously for this fine aircraft, I was wondering if you could give us some hints on the specs, armament and performance? Is it modelled closely on the F-22 with avionics and weapons for instance? Is the powerplant the F-119 or the planned and downrated PW7000? And anything else you are willing to divulge :salute:

If you get the opportunity I would appreciate any info you could provide. Many thanks for your hard work on this excellent should have been aircraft.

It uses the PW7000, doesn't supercruise, and has avionics more suited to A/G work. It'll come with the AAAM for the fleet defense mission. Cockpit as you can see is a navalized F-22 pit.

It uses the PW7000, doesn't supercruise, and has avionics more suited to A/G work. It'll come with the AAAM for the fleet defense mission. Cockpit as you can see is a navalized F-22 pit.

Excellent news. I was hoping you would stay close to Lockheed's proposal for the A/F-X. Thanks for the update Julhelm. Now lets get this baby in the air!

People do tend to confuse this with the NATF and think it's a kickass fighter rather than stealthy A-6 replacement. Probably because it looks like a stealthy Tomcat.

People do tend to confuse this with the NATF and think it's a kickass fighter rather than stealthy A-6 replacement. Probably because it looks like a stealthy Tomcat.

Strongly aree with you on that. I have done a lot of research on this proposal and it definitely had a LOT of potential. The last chance to save this program was probably the infamous Bottom Up Review (BUR) in the summer of 1993. From what I have discovered from the archives of Defence Weekly and Flight Journal, whispers from Les Aspin prior to the BUR indicated the Navy could possibly make a choice between A/F-X and Super Hornet, and as we all know the Super Hornet mafia was one of the strongest in recent Naval history and the Super Bug went forward. Also at this point talk of the JAST (eventually JSF) was just beginning. Too bad NAVAIR didn't throw its lot in with a future deck of A/F-X and JSF. What a sight that would have been.

At least I can populate my flight decks now with what I feel shoud have been!

Might as well put up the article in question:

1994-0212.jpg

1994-0213.jpg

Doesn`t matter if a A-6 replacement or a wannebe stealthy Tomcat .. I will fly this baby! Awaiting this project that`s sure!