Sign in to follow this  

Doesn`t matter if a A-6 replacement or a wannebe stealthy Tomcat .. I will fly this baby! Awaiting this project that`s sure!

I hear ya. I have a bunch of virtual Naval Aviators that keep peeking at the hangar doors waiting for this baby to roll out :grin:

I have done a lot of research on the A/F-X and found the below article previously. For some background as we await this aircraft from Julhelm I wanted to show how close (or not) the Navy actually was to choosing A/F-X.

With the Clinton Administration's Bottom Up Review pending, Secretary of Defense Les Aspin stated courtesy of Defense Daily, April 2, 1993; "What we have in the Navy tactical air programs is a jumble of competing planes and competing philosophies," Aspin told the Senate Armed Services Committee. "One or more will be out."

From the same article :

"Of the Pentagon's four major tactical aircraft programs, two are Navy aircraft. The A/FX, which is in the concept stage and the F/A-18E/F, which is in the development phase. The Navy is basically married to these two aircraft, but a major Pentagon weapons review may force the service to pick one aircraft over the other or face having the decision made for it."

As history showed, the Super Bug was the compromise and safer choice of the Navy. Imagine what the fleet would look like with the A/F-X in its carrier wings. Would certainly have been a mighty fine sight.

Take your time, the stuff you have posted is realy good! Will the MFD`s be "usabel" like the ones in the F-14 pit?! It`s a nice feature, you can set them and adjust it like you neet it. A great step in the right direction!

Since there are 6 mfds in total there's no need to toggle modes. That would add a layer of complexity that I get migraine from even thinking about.

Take your time, the stuff you have posted is realy good! Will the MFD`s be "usabel" like the ones in the F-14 pit?! It`s a nice feature, you can set them and adjust it like you neet it. A great step in the right direction!

as for the newest TMF tomcat, i was wondering, HTF did they accomplish that?

now if i only had less overtime at work, i 'd like to dissect it and do the same to 'cleavaged' raptor.

oh, simple ini edit, and the raptor flies fine in wov.