Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

Fly with the DiD group?

Ive asked the DiD group if someone will save their missions, so we can fly them in campaign.

This is not meant to compete with sunday, just looking for something maybe to get us flying during the week. (of which there is very little).

Assuming someone agrees to save the missions, will then need ppl to convert, and host.

I am getting into my busy season, (stupid holidays), and can assist, but can not commit to anything.

I will fly anything you can get hold of from them. What ever planes and dates im down for.

I as well im in retail and its retail hell right now at work ... ok well work is a strong word for my job but still its retail and I don't have time to convert but, I could see making a time during the week to try and fly. Wed is the only day that's not open at this point but scheduling at work this time of year is likely to change to more and more hours till the season is over.

Only thing I fly right now at all is the Dr1 so I can be comfortable with it so a change of pace might be alot of fun.

Let me know if anyone ha a time planned. I am home and ready to fly around 7-8pm cst. Even If I only hit the last fight It would be worth it for me at last to fly with you all.

:salute:

I was just wondering - did you guys get any response about DiD missions? I'll save some of mine if someone can point out how it's done. I've never tried it.

What ever planes and dates im down for.

What planes do MP people use most of the time? So I can find some cool skins for each when the time comes that Iget 5 Conferemed kills.

No, never did get a reply.

Everytime you run a mission, it saves it in your historical folder as off_camp_mission.xml

when you run the next mission, it overwrites that file, so you have to copy, rename etc to preserve it.

next thing you have to do is open the mission up in mission builder, and make more of the planes flown "flyable", and by flyable, all i mean is that now the planes have cockpits. the ai planes to not have cockpits.

If you need help with mission builder, let us know, and ill try and set aside some time to help you out.

av8tor,,what plane do YOU fly the most?

what plane do YOU fly the most?

Oh ok

Ok, I can copy the mission files easily enough. I've never messed with the mission builder, so would indeed need some pointers.

I'll be glad to give it a shot though, as I've got some down time from work right now. Not to mention that I'd love to see how others would fly my missions.

If there's anyone who wants to try to show me something about mission builder, perhaps they could PM me.

I'd really like to ramp up and try out the MP games too... the Jasta 4 thing looks right up my alley!

lol...av8tor,,that was a question,,,,,what plane do you like to fly the most (you know,,in like qc..etc)

or if you want me to rephrase,,,what is your favorite plane...

lol oh, I usaly fly any of the Albatros planes. Mostly the D.II and D.III though for I can never make far enough to fly the DV models. I Like the Nieuports a lot and I need to get used to there handling anyway because I am building one by Grayam Lee. You know? I don't like the Camels & Fokker DR.1's thought for when you pull up on your Joystick. (I have an Logitech) the nose shoots up way to fast for my liking. Probably could get used to it if I flew the planes a lot but whatever. Haha I have given you more info then you needed but I beleave that answered you question.

Av8er

And why were you wondering Sitting_Duck?

He probably wants to give you some friendly advice on which plane to practice with when flying MP. He might also be interested in creating a custom skin for you when you make Ace.

He probably wants to give you some friendly advice on which plane to practice with when flying MP. He might also be interested in creating a custom skin for you when you make Ace.

Oh alright that would be cool. How do you get confermed kills when you fly MP?

Oh alright that would be cool. How do you get confermed kills when you fly MP?

Just like RL. Someone else has to see it go in! We have many unconfirmed kills!

"He might also be interested in creating a custom skin for you when you make Ace."

Well, I suspect I won't be bothering him to create a custom skin for me, given the qualifying criteria :(

lol..nope,,sorry..i dont skin...I have dont have enought time keeping up with the things i am able to do....

Sorry Duckdrinks.gif I keep forgetting you get your skins off the download area!

lol oh, I usaly fly any of the Albatros planes. Mostly the D.II and D.III though for I can never make far enough to fly the DV models. I Like the Nieuports a lot and I need to get used to there handling anyway because I am building one by Grayam Lee. You know? I don't like the Camels & Fokker DR.1's thought for when you pull up on your Joystick. (I have an Logitech) the nose shoots up way to fast for my liking. Probably could get used to it if I flew the planes a lot but whatever. Haha I have given you more info then you needed but I beleave that answered you question.

Av8er

lol..well,,,no,,i didnt know Grayam lee,,,but i googled it,,and i do now!!...

So,,you are building a Nieuport??????? COOL!

lol..well,,,no,,i didnt know Grayam lee,,,but i googled it,,and i do now!!...

So,,you are building a Nieuport??????? COOL!

Ya I am building the nieuport 11. I have over 100 Pieces to it now, including the rudder, part of the Horazontal stablizers and a whole buanch of joining pieces. I am kind of at a standstill right now because I have run out of funds for the project. I don't have a job yet so it might be a while before I can start it up again. Anyways it is fun and a good thing to do with my dad.