Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Tac Sims

From the looks of this Forum...nobody gives a ratts ass about tac sims...

I do Fates. Been playing a lot of RS lately.

BTW I didnt think the Athena Sword addon was worth the $30. Only get a few maps and some weps. nothing really "new".

Gonna just wait for the next "full version"

Far Cry looks awsome and Soldner looks to be like Operation Flashpoint in a lot of ways.

Fates,

LOL. It's funny you wrote this because I was just thinking to myself, "hey, I wonder if there's a Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon forum."

I have Rogue Spear and Ghost Recon, and most of the Rainbow Six's. Rogue Spear is the game that seemed to capture my interest the most. I think it's because there's a good variety of maps for different styles of gameplay.

Ah, I remember the first Rogue Spear LAN party I attended with a bunch of my friends. (Please keep in mind that I was still a Rogue Spear rookie when this incident occurred...) That was a late night (or should I say, early morning.) There was 4 of us on the airplane map executing our first run at a (rather foolish) plan we devised whereby we would split up into 2 teams. One would act as the diversion while the other infiltrated from the rear of the plane. I was on the diversion team and went down in history with this little demolition stunt.

Feeling overly confident with door charges and flashbangs, I decided to lob a grenade up the staircase nearest the cockpit. I heaved away and it ricocheted off the top stair. Everyone scrambled and then turned to watch me crumple like a sack of potatoes to the runway, right where the grenade detonated.

Eventually, we took those tangos down and moved onto other maps.

Needless to say, I am no longer allowed to operate demolitions when we play online now. :D I guess I should change my nickname to TopStair ;)

That same LAN party, I remember one of the guys, Tom, was enjoying his very first spin of Rogue Spear with us. Actually, it was his first experience with a tactical sim. Once he calibrated himself with the keyboard and mouse, he did pretty good and really got into the stealth/crouching part of the game. On one of the maps, all of us got eliminated except for Tom. He kept hearing us all curse one by one and got increasingly terrified to continue. We gathered around his terminal and cheered him on as he squawked around every corner and through every door. The pressure for him not to be shot was so immense that several times he asked someone else to step in for him, but we encouraged him to go on. He came extremely close to completion the mission on his own and bagged more kills than all of us combined.

I'm getting the Rogue Spear itch again.... may be time to re-install and have another go at it.

Fates, between Soldner and FarCry, once released I think I'll be a regular in both forums. ;)