Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

Nieuport 28 :

As a follow on to Sandbagger's great pics of the N24 and N17 bis, here are some shots of the Nieuport 28 coming with the first OFF addon:

We'll post some D.H.5 pics soon.

post-7478-12569632434409.jpg

post-7478-12569632583609.jpg

post-7478-12569632737745.jpg

post-7478-12569633061325.jpg

Thanks Pol, the N28 looks great. I only hope it doesn't shed the fabric to easily. D.H.5 no kidding, there's a nice forward view. Thanks for sharing the pics and info. Tease us anytime you want.

I also love the Nieups, and that new N28 looks outstanding Pol. Thanks again for all the time and effort you devs put into this incredible sim.

Cheers!

Lou

This keeps getting better and better! Yet another beautiful Nupe! Does this mean the American campaigns will now be improved, or do we have to wait for another add-on or even P4? In any case, brilliant! :clapping:

Wow, this is a sharp looking crate? I will sure fly an American campaign pilot soon!

The Bordeauxred Baron: Wunderbar! Vatt a bjootifull crate! My trigger finger iss itchink

to shredder zatt butterfly!!! Mmmuahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

The next step in the Nupe's evolution would be the Nieuport-Delage NiD 29, which became available too late to see any action in the war. It was intended to replace the SPAD XIII and was really fast, about 240 km/h, armed with two MGs and more agile than the SPAD. The Nupe 29 would easily have been the war's best fighter. It was very popular in the 1920s.

The N.28 wasn't bad at all when the problems it had were fixed. But then it was already too late and the Americans had got the SPAD XIII.

Can I ask the $64 question?

We've seen screen shots of the N17Bis, N24, N28 and Fokker E5 - would you be so kind as to tell us what else (besides the DH5) is likely to surface in the plane pack?

Cheers,

Simon

Terrific start to tease us with. :)

There are some more variants of the Noop 17 and 24, but that all so far.

Yahoo.gif Yeehaa!!! I've died and gone to heaven

She is a beauty she is

Thanks guys for bringing her into being

Can't wait to take her out on a date!

Good thing we have so much sim to play with or we would be pissing and moaning "when, when, when I can't wait or I'll die, when! :rofl:

Edited by Rickitycrate

Very nice. Looks like it's already lost some fabric, too grin.gif .

Too bad about that weakpoint. Otherwise, it seems to have been a fairly decent ride and definitely looked sweet.

My Albatros D III and D V versions also have a weak point:

their lower wing breaks easily, when you dive to hard, or even in tight turns.

But you get used to it. :cool:

I would test this crate and find out, when it happens - and then use her well,

without doing those things. I believe, she'll be a great fighter.

Thanks Pol, the N28 looks great. I only hope it doesn't shed the fabric to easily. D.H.5 no kidding, there's a nice forward view. Thanks for sharing the pics and info. Tease us anytime you want.

If it can be done, and if this is to be as immersive and 'real' as possible it should have the N-28's most renowned weakness. Sorry, Rickity, my opinion.

You are right Von Bauer, of course. I look forward to learning it's limits. I know the devs will model that weakness regardless of I might say in jest. :jester:

Well phase 4 is not out yet. There's still time. I'm beginning to worry if I'll be able to afford this coming add-on. Seems like more content than some "whole" games are released with.

Nice! Thank you for the preview.

DH5? I've been pining for one of those for quite some time. My letter must have reached Santa.

Goergeous!!! Cant wait, cant wait, cant wait!!!

ZZ.

If it can be done, and if this is to be as immersive and 'real' as possible it should have the N-28's most renowned weakness. Sorry, Rickity, my opinion.

I think you're both right

The N.28 certainly have an upper wing weakness, most likely a manufacturing defect

But it was a very rare occurance ...only 4-6 times and none of the planes crashed

After a certain date (not exactly sure when) they got it sorted out and no more wings broke

I'm sure we'll learn to fly her OK

Hello Pol and Sandbagger

The Nieups look fantastic. Beautiful work.

Cheers

Makai