Sign in to follow this  
dhasdell

Returning to the fold

After two years away I feel the need for some WW1 action again. I still have a lot of addons, but what do I need to get started? I have the basic game and two early patches, but no Expansion. Am I right that with the November 2008 update I don't need the patches or the April 2008 update either?

Thank you.

:good:

Hi David! Seem to bump into one another in the oddest places!

Hi, I'm trying the game again after a couple of years away. I have the original game and know there is a Nov 2008 update but do I also need to buy the Expansion pack?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm trying the game again after a couple of years away. I have the original game and know there is a Nov 2008 update but do I also need to buy the Expansion pack?

Thanks.

I cant say for sure if you need the Exp Pak or not for the Nov Update to work. But if you really want to get into this sim I highly recommend getting the Exp Pak. It's full of needed stuff and new planes. There are a whole lot of Mods created by a bunch of users here at CombatAce that make FE an incredible sim. But I believe you'll need the Exp Pk to use most of them. And if you get a chance, download some of Peter01's flight models in the FE download section. There has been a lot of stuff going on since the original FE. Will take some doing to catch up. Well worth the time if you ask me. Welcome back aboard.

The patches will update the original game and work without the EP. What you won't have are the Cambrai map, Camel, Dr1 and some other AI planes.

Thanks.

Hello - I,too, am returning to give this another try. If i may ask a dumb question or two.

I have purchased the expansion pack. The download was 205 mb. Is this the expansion pack itself ,

or do i clcik on the exe to download further files? If the 205 mb is the complete expansion pack, that is fine, but I ask because my gaming rig is not normally online, and I have in mind to transfer what i have already downloaded to my gaming rig, where the FE sim is installed.

I hope that makes sense!

Having installed the expansion pack, there is one other update to download and instal, yes?

Just the one?

thanks