Sign in to follow this  
Bigfish3

Dangerous shrubbery in Campaign

I’ve just started flying the campaign as a member of a squadron of Sopwith Triplanes. It’s outstandingly more scary than flying Instant Action missions, isn’t it? What took me so long?

However I’ve been complaining to the CO ever since I joined the squadron about that large clump of trees growing rather close to the hangars. The other day we were returning from an otherwise uneventful mission over enemy lines, lead by that chap Halifax. I was as usual having trouble keeping up, so everyone descended in line following Halifax towards the hangar end of the aerodrome, me well at the back. “The chaps look a bit on the low side” I thought, so I stayed a hundred feet higher. Suddenly our Flight Leader reached the clump of trees and with a loud bang and a cloud of smoke disappeared into them – followed in rapid succession by the rest of the chaps. I found myself on the deck as the sole survivor of 2 Flight! At this rate the Huns can carry on playing billiards back at base while the RNAS wipes itself out in the shrubbery.

Some of the chaps in the mess said “CFS3 bug”, but I couldn’t see what insects had to do with it. Those damn trees want chopping down, don't they?.

We sneakily employed the services of a shrubber. He came with good references from the knights who until recently said 'nee!' Did he do the nice two level effect with a path in between?

Guys, landings work much better now than in Phase2. When a field has a clear

approach, the wings really make a good landing. Unfortunately, they sometimes crash

into each other on the runway. But often, it works and looks heartwarming!

You can, by the way, shoot down the tree (honest!) with your MGs. But I don't know,

if they will remain downed the next start.

You can, by the way, shoot down the tree (honest!) with your MGs. But I don't know,

if they will remain downed the next start.

Those pesky French peasants sneak up to the airfield every night and re-plant the trees. They don't like it when we pilots woo their women in our free time. :grin:

Guest British_eh

I say pardon olde chap but , well, I'm not quite sure how to put this, but "Dangerous Shrubbery, well, I SAY, very well could be

What many people fail to understand in this joke is that a shrubbery is slang for a prostitute.

Right then, carry on!

British_eh

"Bring me a shrubbery"! Vee invented ze shrubbery, silly Krumpet's. Chew cannot escape zem. If ze branches don't reach out unt grab chew zen zer is ze clap of our more "delicate" bush.

Those pesky French peasants sneak up to the airfield every night and re-plant the trees. They don't like it when we pilots woo their women in our free time. :grin:

Who needs french women when you have been to Osaka?

:drinks:

Don't feel too bad about the bushes. In Phase II, at Bertangles West, there was a flagpole with a windsock on it RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RUNWAY . Since we're all flying tail draggers in WW I, you don't see it until you start to lift the rear end and "AHHHH!!!" there it is for about a half a second before you run into it. I lost many a DH-2 on takeoff to that darn pole! No, officer, I swear I wasn't drinking at the time...drinks.gif

Don't feel too bad about the bushes. In Phase II, at Bertangles West, there was a flagpole with a windsock on it RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RUNWAY . Since we're all flying tail draggers in WW I, you don't see it until you start to lift the rear end and "AHHHH!!!" there it is for about a half a second before you run into it. I lost many a DH-2 on takeoff to that darn pole! No, officer, I swear I wasn't drinking at the time...drinks.gif

The first collision with it seriously impaired your short-term memory I take it. :grin:

Nee!!

Actually, that's "Ni!" But we are now no longer the Knights Who Say "Ni!" We are now the Knights Who Say "Icky icky icky patang zuuubong!"

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history."

We are no longer the knights who say ni

We are now the Knights who say... ”Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.