Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Craped out PC

Well I havent been able to post anything this past week due to a fried graphics card. The fan stopped working on my Nvidia6800XTX last week. Needless to say in cooked. Now I cant get into my PC. Funds are tight these days so I'll just try to replace the card and do a system restore if I can. I can only run in safe mode for a bit but cant work on anything. Funny I was working on Ltn. Auer's DV of Jasta 32b in photoshop. Lots of work getting the stripes on the forward fuselage. But I finally got it, then poof!. Awsome right? As soon as I get back up and running I'll post my Jasta 12 DIII's and early DV's from summer 1917. Then a few more Dr.1's. Talk to you all soon.

Good luck, sorry to hear of your misfortune...

Looks like you're back up and running... we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

Lol! My PC is on life support. I'm waiting for my new video card to come in the mail. I managed to get a few files out tonight. Couldnt get anymore because the PC keeps shutting down on me after 20mins or so. Sucks! Lucky for me I was able to back up all my files. My FE folder is approximately 7.5GB. I wonder why my video card fried.

I had a somewhat similar experience a few years ago - the fan blade had separated from the shaft. I super-glued it back and that worked for a while. If you have an on-board chip also, I'd remove the card and activate that at least to get access to your files.

Of course this suggestion is purely altruistic...