Sign in to follow this  
Winder

OFF Addon #1 will contain.....

Yeah, we know Widowmaker. You still want your Snipe, right? I'm sure it's in the pipes somewhere!:yikes:

CJ

Widowmaker! Always look on the bright side of life, olde chap!

We can have personalised skins now!!! No one else will fly them!!!

And you'll get your Snipe sooner or later - I know those "magnificent basterds".

Winder, I am almost ready with my new righ. Top graphic card, faster CPU etc.

You are bringing this cornucopia in at the very best time, Sir!

And I always hated Christmas! Could be different this year!... :grin:

Well..we have the Razor...and nothing to combat it

Guys,

The first addon pack for OFF will be quite extensive and will include:

9) Personalised skin functionality - player can now fly with his own unique custom skin.

This is great! Since my Mom passed away this January, my Dad has been doing some research into both of their family crests. Her family is German-Polish and his is Scotts-Irish. It'll be GREAT to be able to fly with their crests on the side of my Nupe ** and DR-1 or DVII.

plug_nickel (Al)

Just unreal. Nothing can touch OBD for customer support or quality of product. Simply outstanding work as always.

Hellshade

Widowmaker, the "Razor" flew in July or August 1918, before it was withdrawn again.

So it saw limited action in summer.

The Snipe didn't enter service until September. Here's an excerpt from WIKI about it:

"The new fighter went to France with No. 43 Squadron in September 1918."

So, before that date, I would recommend the S.E.5a for fighting the E.V - or the Camel.

E.V and Snipe don't seem to have met each other anyway.

No, it's correct. The N24 had a round fuse. All the Bis versions were like cross-overs of the different Noop variations between the N17 and N24 types.

OvS

OvS

My understanding was what made a Nieuport a Bis version was the rounded fuse. However doing some research it seems to mean it was a second version of the original. Additionally it seems that the original version of the N24 had the rounded fuse as did the Bis variant. So in the case of the N24 both versions should have the rounded fuse. Learn something new everyday.

Great news Winder! clapping.gif

T'is a sweet little package you've worked up

Just a couple questions:

10) Actual Wind Buffeting effect as you fly - gets worse with the weather conditions (configurable as off or on in workshops)

Will the AI craft be buffeted too?

Might tone down those TGer sniper shots

12) Revised Railyards - all are now co-incident with railway tracks and with switchbacks and revised textures

Now wasn't this supposed to be another P4 feature?

Slipping a few extra goodies in?

Cheers,

My understanding was what made a Nieuport a Bis version was the rounded fuse. However doing some research it seems to mean it was a second version of the original. Additionally it seems that the original version of the N24 had the rounded fuse as did the Bis variant. So in the case of the N24 both versions should have the rounded fuse. Learn something new everyday.

From what I've gathered in my recent crash research program on French planes, it's actually a bit more confusing than this. This is all pretty new to me, too, but I think I'm getting a handle on it. So as I currently understand things, the N24bis was actlually the 1st model in production and service, and was just an interim type until the N24 could come online.

What Nieuport was doing was trying to wring all the performance it could out of its basic sesquiplane design in an effort not only to match the Albatros D.III, but also be at least equal to the SPAD 7 which was threatening to take over Nieuport's fighter business. Due to the time pressure, Nieuport couldn't do a new design from stratch so could only add streamlining and bigger engines to what was a rather old design by that point. Nieuport's goal was to make what eventually became the N24, with rounded fuselage, tail, and wingtips. However, the main assemblies of new wing, tail, and fuselage became available at different times, so a number of interim types were built with various combinations. The new fuselage was first, then the wing, then the tail. Apparently, Nieuport was building several types at once as parts became available and some types were built in only small numbers, so the planes didn't all arrive at the front in numerical order.

As best I can determine, things were like this:

N17: N16 with bigger square wings to handle weight of 110hp motor, plus some minor streamlining on fuselage

N23: N17 with 120hp and different interruptor gear (few built)

N17bis: N17 with round fuselage and 130hp (few built)

N24bis: N17bis with larger wings with rounded tips but retaining square N17 tail (not many built)

N24: N24bis with larger, rounded tail (replaced all the above in production from mid-1917)

N25: N24 with 200hp (very few built)

N27: N24 with modified landing gear (few built)

N28: completely new design worked out while all the farting around from N17-N27 was in progress

Hello,

sorry a bit OT, but can anyone tell me what this "bis" means at all ? I know several planes had this additional description, for another type, and even Santos-Dumont used this for some of his planes - but what does it mean ?

(better and improved specimen ? )

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

Catfish, to answer your question, "bis" is Latin for "twice". In this sense it means "second", as in the second version of an aircraft type. And now you know. smile.gif

Hi RAF_Louvert,

Catfish, to answer your question, "bis" is Latin for "twice". In this sense it means "second", as in the second version of an aircraft type. And now you know. smile.gif

Now i know ... drinks.gifbye.gif

You know those Romans never conquered the whole "Germany", so there's something that "escaped us" lol. But then, what did they introduce ? Sewers ? Aqueducts ? Streets ? Civilization ?? A logical language ??? Bahhh grin.gif

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Edited by Wels

You know those Romans never conquered the whole "Germany", so there's something that "escaped us" lol. But then, what did they introduce ? Sewers ? Aqueducts ? Streets ? Civilization ?? A logical language ??? Bahhh grin.gif

HAHAHA!!!! I get to beat Widowmaker to the Python snippet yikes.gif

Sabash and huzzah for me!!! drinks.gif

Edited by Bullethead

Quite an extensive load of goodies there. Really looking forward to it.

Tell you what Mr. Andrews.........thrown in a dynamic co-op campaign feature that works in Win7 and I'll buy you a nice, shiny new Ferrari.

Any particular colour you're partial to???

:good:

Cheers,

Parky

Of particular interest with the addon (for me) is the Wind effects, and the Custom skins...looking forward to both.

I was disapointed there was no Snipe this time around, but I hope we will get one eventually

Super, I can not wait.  :ok: I just waited for the new aircraft from the beginning of the war, mainly for the lack of the campaign. :dntknw: Eg. Nieuport 10,12, Moran S., Albatros CI ,CIII, DI, etc. I. But I believe that the future will appear as additional addons. :grin: Example NIE 10.12 & 13: 

http://www.century-of-flight.net/Aviation%20history/photo_albums/timeline/Nieuport%2010.htm

http://ark.com/~mdf/N_12.html

Super work gentlemen, really great!!  :clapping: Buffin

I must admit I've been away from OFF for many months now but have been following this forum loosely to keep in touch. Real life, the ppl course and other sims have got in the way. This addon might be a good reason for a fresh start. Looking forward to its release Winder.

Considering how many Noop's were designed / Built... and yet, SE5a's and Sopwith Camels are the names always remembered by laypeople when thinking of WW1...Must tell us something! :grin:

Wow, great stuff.

"16) Improved mobile ground unit deployment in theater"

I'm wondering if someone in dev would be willing to tell us some more about this one? The others are all more or less obvious.

-Ben

Welcome back, Dimus. Don't forget to update to the Superpatch plus the latest Minipatch.

Wow, great stuff.

"16) Improved mobile ground unit deployment in theater"

I'm wondering if someone in dev would be willing to tell us some more about this one? The others are all more or less obvious.

-Ben

my guess is that there will be more ground traffic (aka little green men, tanks, trains, and things like that) coordinated with major battles. as it stands the battles produce artillery barrages in certain sectors, but that's about it. I could, of course, be totally wrong!