Sign in to follow this  
von Baur

TAC troubles

Don't know how I did it, but my TAC now looks like this:

post-47353-12571364153574.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to get it back to a circle?

whew,,that doesnt look good....

in your documents and settings\xxxxxx\application data(appdata in vista)\microsoft\cfsww1 off folder (where xxxxx can either be administrator or your user name) there is a viewui.xml. it does contain some data for the tac. colors for sure, there is also a master copy of viewui.xml there. I would try to move your viewui.xml out,,,and make a copy of the master, and rename it.

there also a place to edit the size of the tac, but i forget where that file is...hopefully someone will post the info.

The tac is always a circle..you can make it smaller,,,but you cant make it a square..so,,something went screwy in your game,,

if you bring up your hud,,are you guages ok?

Edited by sitting_duck

whew,,that doesnt look good....

in your documents and settings\xxxxxx\application data(appdata in vista)\microsoft\cfsww1 off folder (where xxxxx can either be administrator or your user name) there is a viewui.xml. it does contain some data for the tac. colors for sure, there is also a master copy of viewui.xml there. I would try to move your viewui.xml out,,,and make a copy of the master, and rename it.

there also a place to edit the size of the tac, but i forget where that file is...hopefully someone will post the info.

The tac is always a circle..you can make it smaller,,,but you cant make it a square..so,,something went screwy in your game,,

if you bring up your hud,,are you guages ok?

To edit the SIZE of your TAC (after you have it fixed back to a circle of course)...

Edit the ViewUI.xml file found here...

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Application Data\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\

Look near the bottom and you'll see the following text...

<TacticalDisplay BGIMage="tactical_display.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="512 512" BGScale="0.15" BackColor="0x1f0000FF" Mode="0"/> <TacticalDisplayMetric BGIMage="tactical_display.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="512 512" BGScale="0.15"

Default is 1.2.

Alter the figures to suit you. Sandbagger has altered his to 0.15 on a 24 inch monitor, and so have I.

You can also mess about with the colors of certain parameters there (I changed the color of the "selected target" from a yellow to a green). A word of caution...PLEASE save a copy of the file as it was and remember where it was before you mess about with these things. Also check WHICH ViewUI.xml file you mess with, as there are several (do a search and mess with one, check out the result, if nothing has changed, return it to default, then move to the next file).