Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

In hospital at the mo

Just a Quickie cos I'm typing this on my brother's iPhone. I'm currently in hospital with a collPsed lung. Been here for two weeks so far, on my third chest drain with daily xrays. Hopefully they won't have to operate. Looks like I'll have a lot to download when I get home!!

Take it easy, we'll get you up to date upon your return! :drinks:

Get well my friend.

Get better soon, sir. Damn lung

Get well soon and enjoy the rest in the meantime!

Get well ASAP !!!good.gif

Hou doe,

Derk

Aaaah whats a lung it only helps with the breathing and you have a spare also you dont need to be doing exercise like that could be bad for your health... :rofl:

Seriously though

Get thee well...

Heal well and quickly!

A close friend of mine had two separate episodes with a collapsed lung, and could not emphasize enough just how painful it was. My sympathy and best wishes, Allenjb.

Aaaah whats a lung it only helps with the breathing and you have a spare also you dont need to be doing exercise like that could be bad for your health... rofl.gif

Yeah and don't forget how lucky you are to have all that delicious hospital food! Yummy! grin.gif

Anyway, get well soon.drinks.gif

get well soon! we can't stand it when we have a man down. We'll make a doggy bag of new DLs for when you get home.

HI allenjb42,

Hope you get better soon , you take it easy until your fully recovered Salute.gif

All the Best

The Mungogood.gif

Hope you heal up soon. Take care of yourself.

Hopes you gets a speedy recovery Allen...

Not only that yummy hospitial food, but pinchable nurses, too*! Looks like you'll have to give up them Cuban cee-gars for a while, though!!

get well soon dude, we'll be here waiting for you.

wrench

kevin stein

MMMmmmmmmmm...hospital food...and sponge baths with a big nurse nicknamed "Momma". Oh, and lets not forget the constant hum of the colostomy bag pump IN the old timer next to you... :yikes::this:

Sorry...just trying to help... :blink:

Get well soon Allen... :ok::bye:

Thanks for all the kind words guys, both here and over on FB.

Good news: After nearly a month in two different hospitals I'm now home. The lung is reinflated and stable for the moment and I'm resting up before heading back to work sometime next week.

Not so good news: They did a CT scan which showed a cyst on the lung, so I'll be heading back for an op in the next few months to sort that out. The docs want my body to recover a bit after the trauma of having had chest drains, collapsed lung, a bit of chest infection etc before they do the op.

I've heard from friends in medicine that the consultant who's treating me is one of the best in the country, so everything should be fine.

In the meantime I've got a lot of catching up to do. Now, where did I put that new portable hard drive....

feel well man... hope the cyst is nothing to worry about!

take care