eburger68

SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0 Gold - Part 1

Just installed the latest version exactly as prescribed. Also put the A6 pits in. I went to fly a single mission with the A6 and when I start the mission, I'm sitting on the runway but none of the keyboard keys work. Any ideas?

Just installed the latest version exactly as prescribed. Also put the A6 pits in. I went to fly a single mission with the A6 and when I start the mission, I'm sitting on the runway but none of the keyboard keys work. Any ideas?

Nevr mind, figured it out on my own.

Can someone tell me if there is a model "suu-42" flare dispensers for F-4D Night Owl?

Thanks in advance.

Dedalus:

No such model is included in the Expansion Pack, and I am not aware of an SUU-42 model included in any of the weapons packs available in the Downloads section.

Eric Howes

Dedalus:

No such model is included in the Expansion Pack, and I am not aware of an SUU-42 model included in any of the weapons packs available in the Downloads section.

Eric Howes

What a pity :unsure:

HI I'm trying to get everything together for the install and I noticed you mentioned downloading the KC-135 in the NF4+ but which one ?When I follow the link it doesn't take me to a specific version?Please clairify.Do I need to download it ? I see it in the list of added aircraft.Many thanks Apologies if I missed something in my reading of your readme file.

usafphantom2:

The ReadMe doesn't mention "downloading" the KC-135. It lists the KC-135 because it's included in the Expansion Pack.

Eric Howes

Thanks,Sorry I thought the link was there for you to download it,Now I know better.

My fist SFV campaign was an F4J in 1972, nice one, git 7 kills, had to give up after last patch (my campaign could not be recovered).

So I chose an A4 during Rolling Thunder.

On my second strike mission, after bombing my target, I had to return under heavy flak.

I was quite impressed : a exciting and very immersive mission : this is my first "rolling thunder feeling" : thank you to all the authors of this fantastic addon :good:

Edited by jeanba

Re-installed this over the weekend and am having a blast! I forgot just how good this essential mod is - thanks Eric.

Are there any plans to update this to take advantage of the SF2:NA features like single mission carrier ops and stock E-2C and EA-6B? Maybe include Homefries' A-6A & B and EA-6B mods?

Allen:

Well, the last update for the Expansion Pack was in January of this year. As we discussed in a thread earlier this past Spring, a lot of the new SF2NA features (at least the ones pertaining to carrier battle groups) are of limited use in SF2V because of the nature of the carrier tours in the campaigns, esp. Rolling Thunder. Carrier battle groups and carrier-based naval aircraft could be implemented for Single Missions, but carrier battle groups are impractical for campaigns.

The new aircraft probably will be enabled as optional installs for those that have SF2NA as part of their install base. As for Homefries' A-6 and EA-6 projects, those are fine mods. They are also large, and I'm not sure it's the job of the Expansion Pack to simply redistribute such mods when users can easily download and install them on their own. Remember: the Expansion Pack is already very large, and I am loath to turn it something even larger -- another comprehensive mod, heaven forbid, on the scale of NF5. I only need one of those in my life to maintain.

So, yes, there will be an update. Can't say when, as I have several other things on my plate right now.

Eric Howes

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Eric. Looking forward to the update and anything else you release, whenever they may be.

First of all, thanks for the sept. update Eric.  Secondly, I understand that trees have been removed from A-G exp. mod 'cause of the problems between them and clouds (if I got it right). Is there a way for me to bring back the trees in the mod. I wanna see if maybe I could live with those bugs. I know the trees are in the original Green Hell mod but would like detailed instructions if possible. Thanks.

hrc:

All you need to do is grab these three files from the default VietnamSEA terrain, which is found in the second Expansion Pack download package, and drop them in \VietnamSEA and \SouthVietnam, overwriting the clear .TGAs that are currently in there:

paddy.tga
paddy_new.tga
jungle.tga

Eric Howes

Thanks Eric. I will most definitely keep the trees.   :biggrin:

Stupid question but when we prepare the mods folder before installing do we delete the contents of the aircraft and ground objects folders? I know it is normally the case to do so but I ask as it doesn’t specifically say to do it.

dtmdragon:

Don't delete anything before installing the mod and the updates. After you're finished with installation, you can remove inappropriate aircraft (.e.g., Israeli or Egyptian aircraft in your target install included SF2I), but save that for later.

Eric Howes

dtmdragon:

Don't delete anything before installing the mod and the updates. After you're finished with installation, you can remove inappropriate aircraft (.e.g., Israeli or Egyptian aircraft in your target install included SF2I), but save that for later.

Eric Howes

Cheers mate

On 2/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, ForsakenOutlaw said:

Can someone please advise what has been updated in this 2021 update of the file v. the prior version?

Click on the Operation Desert Storm: 30th Anniversary Edition part. It will have a list of the changes.

Edited by 1Patriot-of-many

ummmmmm.........

what does the revamped ODS have to do with the Vietnam expansion pack?

16 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

ummmmmm.........

what does the revamped ODS have to do with the Vietnam expansion pack?

It's called old man confusion. LMFAO, I don't see how I missed that. NEVERMIND as in the old SNL skits.......  In my own lame defense, the principle is the same, read what's in the download.

nevermind-ignore-it.gif

Edited by 1Patriot-of-many
  • Haha 1