Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

IDF-AF and Arab call signs, anyone?

I'm just thinking that the US Vietnam-era call signs are fine for Vietnam-era US flights... But does anybody have any convincing Israeli and Arab ones - transcribed, all the same! - for SF2I or WOI? Just a little thing that grates and reduces immersion.

Edited by ndicki

i don't see why it couldnt be done except that you would also hae to record the call signs and likely all the speech to the approprite accent. otherwise your text(which looks easy enough to change) will say "Kurnass" but you'll still have a female voice saying "Oyster"! got an isreali and/or arabic friend who doensnt mind being recorded?

You're going far further than I'd imagined! All I was looking for was a new CALLSIGNSUS.LST (which wouldn't be called CALLSIGNSUS.LST but CALLSIGNSIDF.LST, for example) with new names for the flights. I hadn't even thought of a new set of sound files - that would be fantastic!

Got enough Arabs to hand - I live in France! - but a good Israeli accent could be hard to find round here.

There are some speech files in the dowloads section, but they just sound American to my ears, without that characteristic Israeli something...

Edited by ndicki

The EAF F-16s use Sky, Fahd, Viper, Falcon, Sniper, Tiger, and Silver.

-S