Guest ansons2

:heat:

Hello everyone,

I just want to share some screenshots about a new Map I am working on. It is for France (my country), North africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, Italy, France, Switzerland, Spain, and South of England). The main goal is to have in a single Map the different areas where the french have fought against the Axis. I want to have also contrasting landscapes. Thus I am using the SFP1 Desert Tile set for North africa, Sicily, Malta and south of Spain and WOE Tileset for the other Areas. There is still a long way to have everything completed but for now the base tiling is done, I am working on adding rivers and cities to North Africa, then I will move to Sicily, Italy and Spain and then move to France , Switzerland..... More screenshots to be seen on my website

france_01.jpg

france_03.jpg

france_04.jpg

france_07.jpg

france_09.jpg

france_10.jpg

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

Super idée!

Tu t'attaques à une tâche dantesque en tout cas! :starwars:

You just can't imagine how much what if or historical campaigns I am thinking of right now!

beautiful, it is a very detailed work.

I love the light that has the map.

but I have a question.

these are animals?

fantastico.

An idea more than the original.

c56dd2677a13a6d377591fa945a5d147o.jpg

look more like boulders or karst rocks from Brain/Stary's WoV jungle tgas. Rocks is good!

wrench

kevin stein

Guest ansons2

beautiful, it is a very detailed work.

I love the light that has the map.

but I have a question.

these are animals?

fantastico.

An idea more than the original.

c56dd2677a13a6d377591fa945a5d147o.jpg

:salute: Hi Suicidal, You have guessed right, these are cows from CA Stary WOV tree .TGA

file. I like to add a bit life to a Map with animals, from my point of view Stock Maps ( I am playing SFP1 and FE) are desesperatly lacking of life. Trees and animals add a lot to the general feeling, of course they have to be representative of the area. I like to have cows hiding under palm trees or drinking at the river.

Best Regards

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

Very nice.

The truth that I really like animals in the maps.

I think that gives them more life.

Greetings Ansons2

6180_230589300227_757580227_7708359_5540476_n.jpg

Marcos

Ansons, a couple of people and i are working on a mod for jet wars in the area, but we don´t have any map, would you mind

letting us use this one?

Guest ansons2

Ansons, a couple of people and i are working on a mod for jet wars in the area, but we don´t have any map, would you mind

letting us use this one?

Hi Macelena,

No problem to allow you to use the Map for the mod your are working on. Are you interested by a specific area of the Map or by the whole map ? I will have completed first the North africa side (Morocco,Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, Malta) . If you need the whole map you will have to be a bit more patient... Apart the historical WW2 scenarios (Torch, Tunisia, Sicily campaigns), an interesting fictional scenario would be the following one.I will try to create missions for it, but a campaign would be fine too.

Around the 2015th Year, Oil and gas are becoming really rare and expensive materials. New gas resources have been recently discovered in Algeria by the french Oil Company "Elf".

Apart these economic factors, fanatic religious groups located in the mountainous part of Algeria are creating troubles in Morocco involving human bombs attacks.

These groups are accusing both the algerian governement and the king of morocco Hussein III to be corrupted by the french government. They want to create religious states in Morocco and Algeria. The Morocco King is accusing Algeria government of being unable to stop the terrorist attacks against the morocco civilians. After several warnings, the Morocco King Hussein III has decided to launch air attacks over Algeria against these religious groups but this is considered by the algerian government as an unbearable agression. Thus it has decided to reply by launching air attacks against morroco targets. Morocco decides to invade Algeria to take the control of the recently discovered gas fields...

best regards

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

On pourrait inclure des F-16 belges au départ de Meknes, base bien connue de nos aviateurs..

Juste une suggestion

Hi Macelena,

No problem to allow you to use the Map for the mod your are working on. Are you interested by a specific area of the Map or by the whole map ? I will have completed first the North africa side (Morocco,Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, Malta) . If you need the whole map you will have to be a bit more patient... Apart the historical WW2 scenarios (Torch, Tunisia, Sicily campaigns), an interesting fictional scenario would be the following one.I will try to create missions for it, but a campaign would be fine too.

Around the 2015th Year, Oil and gas are becoming really rare and expensive materials. New gas resources have been recently discovered in Algeria by the french Oil Company "Elf".

Apart these economic factors, fanatic religious groups located in the mountainous part of Algeria are creating troubles in Morocco involving human bombs attacks.

These groups are accusing both the algerian governement and the king of morocco Hussein III to be corrupted by the french government. They want to create religious states in Morocco and Algeria. The Morocco King is accusing Algeria government of being unable to stop the terrorist attacks against the morocco civilians. After several warnings, the Morocco King Hussein III has decided to launch air attacks over Algeria against these religious groups but this is considered by the algerian government as an unbearable agression. Thus it has decided to reply by launching air attacks against morroco targets. Morocco decides to invade Algeria to take the control of the recently discovered gas fields...

best regards

ansons2

That´s about it, but i was thinking of several what if, WOE style wars in past years among nations like Morocco, Algeria and Spain killing each other (Revolutionary movements in Algeria and Morocco and accordance to mess with us,scenario feared by our Gens), wich would take several versions of targets ini, along with some others, such as the real scenario of AdA Super Sabres, or earlier operations in the 20s in Morocco, but the map would fit a wide beam of operations

• Like 1

:heat:

Hello everyone,

lol , u looks tired

nice map , keep up the good work

Edited by Profi

Guest ansons2

GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!CAN I DOWNLOAD IT??????

Hi Morfos,

:no: Sorry, it is still a WIP. I am currently adding towns , airbases, roads to the North Africa part of the Map. Once this is done Maybe I will post a partial release for that side, but only if there are people interested... But to have the whole Map completed it will take months for sure ... No ETA yet.

ansons2

Edited by ansons2

Guest ansons2

lol , u looks tired

nice map , keep up the good work

Hi Profi,

:heat: Hopefully neither too much tired nor bored but the sun in Algeria is hitting hard .Putting all towns, airbases and roads let me feel the heat of this country...

ansons2

Guest ansons2

Hi Profi,

:heat: Hopefully neither too much tired nor bored but the sun in Algeria is hitting hard .Putting all towns, airbases and roads let me feel the heat of this country...

ansons2

Hi everyone,

FYI, The map is progressing well, not very fast but steadily...

Here below some screenshots of the latest targets I have put on the map. North africa is almost completed, Next step

is Sicily, Corsica, Sardaigna and Italy...

Be patient to get it completed but the I believe the result will be worthwhile.

Best regards

ansons2

france_12.jpg

france_16.jpg

france_18.jpg

france_22.jpg

france_26.jpg

france_28.jpg

Edited by ansons2

I thought it was going to be a 'modern' map! That last shot sure looks like Taranto! The tree-lined desert road looks excellent!

wrench

kevin stein

I have 2 French WWII birds ready to go and 3 others in the works :grin: