Guest ansons2

Very impressive!

:salute: Hi everyone,

February News:

During the past weeks , things have slow down a bit due to real life. But I have completed Toulouse Town and Roussillon Area is almost finished. Next steps Provence and Camargue. Here below a few recent screenshots. More can be seen on my My SFP1 Page

I have the willingness to complete the Map but it will take time as there is still a lot to do !

Roussillon Area (West side of Mediterranean coast)

roussillon2.jpg

roussillon15.jpg

roussillon18.jpg

roussillon19.jpg

roussillon27.jpg

Toulouse

toulouse3.jpg

toulouse4.jpg

toulouse9.jpg

toulouse13.jpg

toulouse14.jpg

Happy flying

ansons2

great!:clapping:

If I may suggest one thing, I'd make the trees darker (as in 3rd picture, way to bright) and... last time I was in France there were also men on the streets... or you're doing my fantasy world?:grin:

Wow! Been tracking your progress on this for awhile, very impressed and cannot wait to see it in person. Good work.:drinks::good:

Guest ansons2

:salute: Hello fellow simmers !

April News:

I am still working on Provence and Camargue Areas. There are a few tiles to populate. Next steps: Add buildings to Marseille,Toulon, Lyon, add some airfields etc... Here below a few screenshots of Provence and Camargue Areas. I am pretty happy with the results, let's continue ! As usual more screenshots can be seen on my My SFP1 Page

Provence

provence1.jpg

provence9.jpg

provence24.jpg

provence17.jpg

Camargue

camargue6.jpg

camargue8.jpg

camargue10.jpg

camargue15.jpg

Patience is a must to complete this project !

Thanks to TK for having created such a great and open game !

ansons2

It brings one in the mood for a holiday......:drinks:

Same here, I just can't wait to fly over this terrain :clapping:

But take your time :good:

Guest ansons2

:cool: Hello everyone,

I just want to let you know that this project is still moving forward. Things have slowed down due to real life but I just have completed Marseille town . Next step is Toulon Town which is the french military harbor. Here below some screenshots of Marseille, more can be see here http://www.stephaneansons.net16.net/1_SFP1.htm

This project is a long story but patience is required to get it completed.

Screenshots of Marseille

marseille4.jpg

marseille7.jpg

marseille8.jpg

marseille9.jpg

marseille11.jpgmarseille13.jpgmarseille19.jpgmarseille20.jpgmarseille23.jpgmarseille27.jpg

Very, very cool! :cool:

"Magnum opus" springs to mind! :bowdown2:

Mike. :smile:

:bye: Hello, January News

Happy New Year to everyone ! This map is progressing well. Here below the status report.

Provence Area is completed

Lyon Town is completed

Istres and Orange Airbases and town completed

Roads added to link Lyon to Orange, Marseille and Toulon Towns.

The Tricastin Nuclear Plant has been added.

Work on Bourgogne Area has started.

Screenshots: More can be seen here http://www.stephaneansons.net16.net/1_SFP1.htm

Tricastin Nuclear Plant

tricastin_nuclear_plant.jpg

Orange Airbase

orange1.jpg

Lyon

lyon20.jpg

lyon9.jpg

lyon6.jpg

lyon19.jpg

March 2013 News

Hello everyone,

Here the status report for this WIP Map

Bourgogne Area is completed, I am working now on Lorraine Area. Still a long way to have this Map finished but she will come !

Here below some screenshots, more to be see, http://www.stephaneansons.net16.net/1_SFP1.htm

bourgogne2.jpg

bourgogne5.jpg

bourgogne17.jpg

bourgogne21.jpg

:beta: Hello, Here a few news about this project:

The Map is still WIP, due to real life the progress have been small since my previous post.

I am still working on the Lorraine Area (East of France). I have to put buildings and trees on Metz Town. So far I have completed lakes and rivers located in this area.

After completing Metz Town, I will move to the Vosges Area and then to Alsace. Alpha and Solid objects are ready to be placed. Populating Towns takes time as the town's tiles are made from actual photographies and thus the town's tiles are all specific. Orienting hundreds of buildings per tile takes time. Here below a few screenshots from the Lorraine Area.

If people are interested I could release the WIP Map as North Africa, Italy, South of France (both Atlantic and Mediterannean sides), Bourgogne are completed.

There is still a lot of work to be done to have the whole Map completed thus patience is a must.

The screenshots

lorraine10.jpg

lorraine17.jpglorraine20.jpglorraine26.jpglorraine34.jpg

Edited by snosna
  • Like 3

Is this still for WW2? Looks great! We could still use some missing French aircraft Though for Battle of France.

:dntknw: Hi usafphantom2,

To answer your question, I have used  standard airfields data definition thus the airfields are modern ones. However it is quite easy to edit the france_targets.ini file and make cut/paste operations to replace these modern airfields definitions with the WW2 dirty airfields. For WW2 I am used to fly IL2 DBW as I the aircraft's cockpits and skins and maps are top notch.

Best regards

Snosna   

:beta: Hello, Here a few news about this project:

The Map is still WIP, due to real life the progress have been small since my previous post.

If people are interested I could release the WIP Map as North Africa, Italy, South of France (both Atlantic and Mediterannean sides), Bourgogne are completed.

Please do release a beta!!

Edited by Icarus999