Sign in to follow this  
jmoscola2012

Installed WOV-Mirage Wep Pack-No Weapondata.ini to edit!

Hi All,

I back to being new at the Thirdwire Series of Games. I bought them all from online and downloaded and installed all the patches. The problem I'm having and that I don't understand, is that when I install the 2008 Weapon Pack either by Deuce or Mirage Factory or Bunyap, All the Weapons are gone. Now, If I don't install any Weap Pack, The weapons work with the stock Aircraft, but there's no Weadpondata.ini or cat file to add weapons. I hope I'm missing something. Two years ago, I was able to add this stuff with no problem. Everything is a .DLL now. I did however copy all my old Terrains and they work fine.

Best Regards and Warm Wishes,

Joe M

Guest rscsjsuso5

i don't know whats going on but i suggest the weapon comm 2.5 http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7791 or if u know how install the weapon pack of your choice and run it through weapon editor http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm trying to remember where and how but if u know what u are doing then thats okay but if not try posting again the staff is great to help u out since its the weekend and time is a lot and i see u have 1 post so welcome to the community and enjoy your stay.

PLEASE do NOT post in the Knowledge Base... it's only for answers. Question go here in the regular Forums.

------------------------

Ok, what's missing from your question is EXACTLY which game you're installing the weapons pak too. If you're trying to add it to any of the "NextGen" series, that's completley different from The Original Series ™ And which Patch Level.

If still using a TOS game, the 'adding weapons' is just as before. If the WepPak you're adding is PRE-08 patch level, you'll need to use the WoI-style (ie: 08 level weapons editor) to bring it up to speed.

TMFs pak uses the game naming conventions as the stock weaponsdata ini, so you shouldn't have to do any adjusting on the aircraft themselves.

All weapons pak COME with a weaponsdata.ini and weaponsdata.dat. At worst, you'll have to run it through the latest editor, as stated above.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

i don't know whats going on but i suggest the weapon comm 2.5 http://forum.combata...s&showfile=7791 or if u know how install the weapon pack of your choice and run it through weapon editor http://www.thirdwire...loads_tools.htm trying to remember where and how but if u know what u are doing then thats okay but if not try posting again the staff is great to help u out since its the weekend and time is a lot and i see u have 1 post so welcome to the community and enjoy your stay.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll give it a try. I wouldn't know how to install a Weapons Pack using the weapons editor though. Is there a readme with details instructions. Anyone can e-mail me at jmoscola@roadrunner.com. Any help will be greatly appreciates. Even with the effects. I no longer see the Particle System.ini to edit anymore either. Please help :-)

I'm also very sorry for posting in the knowledge base. This is my first post, and I didn't know. Sorry!!!

Warm Regards,

Joe M

We still don't know what GAME you're trying to intall this too.... a little help here, please??

Also, its a REALLY bad idea to post your email addy on an open forum for personal security reasons. That's what we have PMs (private messaging) for.

All weapons paks come with readmes....

btw, the last time I looked (like 5 minutes ago in the D/L section), TMF has never made a pak specific for WoV ... WoI and WoE, but not for Nam.

so, we still need more information to help you out!!

wrench

kevin stein

We still don't know what GAME you're trying to intall this too.... a little help here, please??

Also, its a REALLY bad idea to post your email addy on an open forum for personal security reasons. That's what we have PMs (private messaging) for.

All weapons paks come with readmes....

btw, the last time I looked (like 5 minutes ago in the D/L section), TMF has never made a pak specific for WoV ... WoI and WoE, but not for Nam.

so, we still need more information to help you out!!

wrench

kevin stein

Oh, Ok. Didn't know about the security. First timer here........ I'm trying to install weapons packs to WOV, SFP1 GOLD, WOE, WOE2. All of the Thiedwire Series Games actually. When I ran Bunyaps weapon Pack on WOV, All the Weps dissapeared, lolol. I really don't know what I'm doing since all the Games have all the latest and greatest patches to 2008 including the Bluetiger updates.

Thanks again, and my warmest regards,

Joe

Oh, Ok. Didn't know about the security. First timer here........ I'm trying to install weapons packs to WOV, SFP1 GOLD, WOE, WOE2. All of the Thiedwire Series Games actually. When I ran Bunyaps weapon Pack on WOV, All the Weps dissapeared, lolol. I really don't know what I'm doing since all the Games have all the latest and greatest patches to 2008 including the Bluetiger updates.

Thanks again, and my warmest regards,

Joe

Ok, I think I figured it out. I created a weapons folder and copied all the Files and Folders into that Weapons Folder. I also added the A-10 from Combatace to WOV. I copied the Gundata Editor Dat and INI files to the Weapons Folder and followed the instructions to edit the Gundata.ini for the GAU-8 and the Effects files to the Effects folder and the sound file to the Sound Folder. And it Worked.......Yaaaayyy :-))

I'm Trying

Warm Regards,

Joe