Sign in to follow this  
Dave

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

I just did ALL my Christmas shopping online. So while the rest of the droids go nuts traveling all over to find things, I didnt even leave the confines of my bedroom. Man its so nice. The kids will make out again this year.

For those of you who do not know this, if you go to Walmart.com and look at the upcoming movies for DVD, they are only $10. Yep I ordered the new Star Trek, Angels and Demons, Terminator Salvation, G Force and Harry Potter (the last 2 are for the kids) for only $50.

Might want to check it out.

Finally, I don't care to hear if you like Wal-Mart or not. This is not what this thread is about.

Well done!

I'm personnaly currently dealing with the B-day of the girl... Friday and still no idea of gift! I shouldn't have offered the Desperate HF season 4 set a few weeks ago without purpose, it would have saved me looooots of brainstorming.

So Christmas shopping? Far from my current worries! :heat:

Aw comon' Dave... you're no fun!! There is nothing I enjoy more than the week right before Christmas. I don't shave for a month, then that whole week I refuse to bathe. Starting at about 5pm on Xmas eve, I dawn my classic Viking battle gear, complete with 6ft Broadsword, crossbow and Battle Axe... and off I go.

Normally, for me, it's a frontal attack... I just break through the front windows at Toys R' Us in Berzerk mode screaming the lyrics to 'The Immigrant Song" while swinging the Axe and Sword and hack away till I get to the "Isle of Littlest Pet Shops"... once there, I pillage the shelves and set fire to the ajoining Brats displays while at the same time, driving my sword though the life-size Jeffery stuffed animal. At times I commendere a battery operated car and race through the isles hacking at the legs of other fathers ungulfed in the same all out mele as I am.

After the carnage and smoke clears, I entrap a few Barbie dolls and force them into slavery, cut the wires on all the PS3 displays and run out the door with my booty in hand... hit the mini-van and off I go to storm the Isle of Best Buys!

I love it...

OvS

Actually... your method rocks... I think I try that this year. I'm getting too old, and the furry Viking underwear I have is too tight and chaffs. LOL!

Edited by OvS

Money;s the best gift. all i d is go to CVS, get a few cards. put some checks in them and shopping for holidays is done. He he.

I mean this was the easiest ever. The best thing was I didn't put any of it on credit. All paid with cash.

Aussum Dave, and avoiding the deadbeat credit card companies.

Easiest Christmas shopping decision I ever made was for a friend. I asked her if she liked Star Trek. She said she HATED it and I instantly knew to get her some LEXX DVDs. The hardest Christmas shopping I ever had was finding her the Canadian made LEXX. She liked it. She had to hehe.

Yep, online shopping is the only way!

My Son has such bizzare requests for prezzies, I would never find his stuff on the High Street.

Try finding the following in a shop

1) A Pith Helmet repro from Rorkes Drift

2) A Roman Helmet

3) A Pig Faced Bascinet

4) A Winchester Rifle

5) A Martini Henry Rifle

6) An English Broadsword

7) Chain Mail

yep, you've guessed it..he's a history nut (here's a few photos of him)

Uk Widowmaker

Isn't it great to have a son like that? My oldest is a history buff too. I am working on my degree in military history and my son helps me with the homework. He retains a lot of little things that usually end up being the answer to my question.

For those of you who are on the fence about getting gifts online, once you do it, you wont ever want to go out during holiday rush again. Also another great and easy gift idea is gift cards. Throw $25 or $50 on one and it gives the person the power to decide to get them what they want. I love gift card. A few years ago I scored $250 in gift cards from just Best Buy. That was great. You can get all sorts of cool stuff with $250 at Best Buy.

Well, i´ll do my chrismas shopping this year online too. It was horrable last year.

I do most of it on Amazon or similar sites. Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and others are pointless for 2 words--sales tax. :wink:

Also, how do you pay cash on a website? Do you have a little motorized slot thingy on your keyboard? :blink:

I do most of it on Amazon or similar sites. Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and others are pointless for 2 words--sales tax. wink.gif

Also, how do you pay cash on a website? Do you have a little motorized slot thingy on your keyboard? blink.gif

You can use PayPal...

Widow.. can I borrow your son? I could use him for support during this year's Toys R' Us invasion. Preferably the Crusaders uniform complete with helmet, sheild and Long Sword. It might be a rough one this year... I could use the help.

OvS

I do most of it on Amazon or similar sites. Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and others are pointless for 2 words--sales tax. wink.gif

Also, how do you pay cash on a website? Do you have a little motorized slot thingy on your keyboard? blink.gif

I used my debit card. Just the same as cash. Sales tax is unavoidable and Amazon didnt have what I my kids wanted.

Haha...thank you all for you kind words about my nutty Son!...yep, it's been a memorable 11 yrs so far!

I have a Gladiator Helmet to find this year, oh, and a metal Detector...as he fancies looking for his own 'relics' :grin:

OvS..yep, I am hiring him out for disgruntled High Street Shoppers like yourself for a mere $75 an hour

(But you have to consider the compensation claims of injured Shoppers - re: Winchester Rifle exit wounds, and broadsword slash Injuries!) :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

... OvS..yep, I am hiring him out for disgruntled High Street Shoppers like yourself for a mere $75 an hour

(But you have to consider the compensation claims of injured Shoppers - re: Winchester Rifle exit wounds, and broadsword slash Injuries!) drinks.gif

ooooh! $75 an hour! That's cheap! He's in... I've teamed up with a few other fathers I was slashing at last year and we've formed an alliance. Get him on a flight to be here on 23 Dec and he will trained and in charge of operating the recently completed full-scale Trebuchet.

It should be a good one this year... the Toys R Us menace will never know what hit them once we unleash the wrath of the F.U.C.o.K.'s (Fathers Under Control of Kids).

rofl.gif

OvS