Sign in to follow this  

As you have undoubtedly noticed, the no-CD patch thread has been moved. It has been done as a temporary precaution until I can get the final word on how to proceed. Hang in there, we'll get this sorted out shortly.

"Instigator" - I PM'ed a response to your last post therein.

FYI: Please note the following warnings from the UBI forums RE this no-CD patch topic:

From DayGlow, Forum Moderator:

Ubi has the right to protect their product. The fact you have to spend 10 seconds putting your cd in the drive is inconsequential.

Asking for or providing a link to a crack on this forum will get you banned. This is not open to debate.

Ubi has decided to implimant a CD check as part of it's copy protection scheme. I doubt they would remove now.

From DayGlow, LOMAC Forum Moderator:

Ubi has the right to protect their product.

UBI: I have a right to protect my investment, and I will continue to do so until companies like yours find a way to do it for me. I have 2 curious kids in the house that just love to explore...and break things..Will you provided me with a replacement CD if the original is scratched? Broke?

I have 2 curious kids in the house that just love to explore...and break things..Will you provided me with a replacement CD if the original is scratched? Broke?

Amen.

To a child, it's a cool shiny circle that flashes all colors of the rainbow when hurled through the air frisbee-style.

To a dog or cat, it's something that flickers sunlight in my eyes and is out of place here lying on the desk/shelf/floor and therefore must be moved about/played with using my clawed paws.

To a CD-ROM tray, it is an annoying piece of media that doesn't sit still and sometimes needs to be put in it's place by crushing it between my metal mandibles of death.

I hate spending $60 on a coaster. I think my wife's drink coasters from Pier 1 are expensive enough.....

To me and most players of this great game..it's about not having to buy another game because our 40 dollar investment got scratched or corrupted. It's not about making copies of the cd.. It's only about having the piece of mind that the game is safe in the drawer or closet..

and it could also be the fact that you wouldn't want to buy another disk/game if you have 2 or 3 computers in your house....just to play multi-player with your kids or wife...

I got banned from UBI forum for trying to help people safe guard their disk.